Pancreatic cancer can be fatal very quickly if you have the wrong type. ... I wonder if the film Roadhouse has some sort of curse on it all of a sudden ...
With the recent death of Jeff Healey, can I be the first to offer up the "Roadhouse death curse". ...

No.

Then I second the motion....

Pancreatic cancer can be fatal very quickly if you have the wrong type

Gee, is there a right type of cancer whichh I hadn't heard of?

Pancreatic cancer can be fatal very quickly if you have the wrong type

Gee, is there a right type of cancer whichh I hadn't heard of?

Right type is the kind that doesn't kill you, wrong type is the other kind. The problem is right type can turn into wrong type at any time.

Swayze reminds of this Jehova Witness I knew. The guy literally use to poor a whole bottle of cologne on his head every morning. (Has anybody had to deal with a situation like that?) By just standing in the same room with him I felt like I was getting cancer.

The Dutch newspapers picked up the story on Patrick Swayze's very-severe-but-not-as-lethal-as-rumoured illness. They also seem to be aware of the fact that Swayze's claim to fame dates back to ancient times. The AD for example publishes a photograph of that extremely overrated, embarassing and horrid chickflick in which he leads some ugly brat to maturity. The caption reads: 'Actor Patrick Swayze (left) suffers from a terminal illness'.

Out of the two I would certainly have picked the right one without that comment, wouldn't you?

According to The Sun (yeh yeh, I know, but....) he's such a heavy smoker that the air filter in his airplane had to be cleaned out since it was clogged with tar.

Not good.

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,

Because you're somehow ailing,

But your response to any challenge

Has always been unfailing.

So I’m confident you’ll win again;

Hang in there, and you’ll see;

You’ll be back on top in no time,

Tackling life courageously.

Get well soon Patrick

You ruled Road House

Our main man Patrick,

After Ledger and Renfro

You'd be the hat-trick.

Saved America

From the threat of Red Dawn.

They'll all be sorry

When you're gone.

Your loss is the one

Folks fear the most.

We'd miss you pottering 'round

Like you did in Ghost.

You so damn real,

Ain't no fake

Like those guys in masks

You led in Point Break.

If you died

Your fans would go crazy.

So hang round 'til the holiday

St. Patrick Swayze

A limited actor named Swayze

Was never required by Scorsese

A big dose of cancer

Grabbed this dirty dancer

And soon he'll be pushing up daisies. Bowing_emoticon.gif

Guest Mr Ron
On the subject of time I recently figured out that to an adult one week seems approximately (4 Days) which would mean one day for the weekend and three days during the week. In the perception of a child (7 days) seems like eight days, making their perception of time practically twice the capacity for they have lived fewer years. As we reach old age, our feel for experience becomes more appreciated and we may regain some of the simple understanding of living for the moment, instead of living for the thought.

Ah, Banshees theory of "SPECIAL" relativity.

Please do tell Audrey how you arrived at this fundamental groundbreaking piece of science. What assumptions did you make? On what did you base your model? How did you account for the fact we see only 16 years of childhood (arbitrarily governed by the law of the land) yet potentially a further 60 years plus of adulthood? How did this affect your calculations. Did you account for leapyears? Will you be publishing your results in J. Math. Bollx.?

Hmm did he ever appear in Robin's Nest? :P

A limited actor named Swayze

Was never required by Scorsese

A big dose of cancer

Grabbed this dirty dancer

And soon he'll be pushing up daisies. Bowing_emoticon.gif

Nice poem TAFKAG. As you've discovered, it's the tetchy season on the forum. Mind, it's always the tetchy season. Welcome.

Cutting edge drug treatment, but he's still on the cigs.

if the rumors and reports are true that Patrick Swayze is still smoking cigarettes, how could he?

Maybe b/c the doctors told him that he has more than 5 weeks to live, swayze started lighting it up?

I'm disappointed in him. He's one celeb I don't want to see die. He's likable in my opinion. And I'm still depressed, but I'm rooting for him.

I know it's the Daily Mail, but this report doesn't sound particularly encouraging.

Guest ATC
I know it's the Daily Mail, but this report doesn't sound particularly encouraging.

Pancreatic cancer is brutal. I hope Patrick is the exception to the rule, nevertheless, I think immediately of Bill Bixby and Michael Landon. It was too fast . . .

Pancreatic cancer is brutal. I hope Patrick is the exception to the rule, nevertheless, I think immediately of Bill Bixby and Michael Landon. It was too fast . . .

From what I've been lead to believe, it isn't so much that pancreatic cancer is brutal much as it is usually a secondary cancer, and as such it's already somewhere else, doing more damage. But hey - cancer's gotta start somewhere, so you never know.

Patrick Swayze renews wedding vows.

Not looking good!

I'd have to disagree with ya, there.

Yes, he has weakened a bit, but his spirit is strong and the more each day passes, the more I'm convinced he can beat cancer.

If he does overcome this, it would truly be one of the most inspirational stories of this year.

We're rooting for you, Patrick.

Not looking good!

Yes, he has weakened a bit, but his spirit is strong and the more each day passes, the more I'm convinced he can beat cancer.

If he does overcome this, it would truly be one of the most inspirational stories of this year.

Not a chance. He'll be dead within six months, probably less. His spirit may be strong, but spirit and pancreatic cancer make for uneasy bedfellows.

Not looking good!

Not a chance. He'll be dead within six months, probably less. His spirit may be strong, but spirit and pancreatic cancer make for uneasy bedfellows.

Oh pliease let him last just until next year, so that I may grasp one hit on the DDP, my selection this year is failing, why o why did I delist Arthur C Clarke?

Not looking good!

".....but close friends insist the future doesn't look too bright."

"It's deadly serious. Doctors have told him that if or when the cancer spreads to his brain he has two weeks to live."

BCAlum2000 I think there are few clues here that suggest the Grim Reaper is peeping from behind the curtains. I'll need to take a bit more convincing....