Death in Vegas

Time Added

Antonio Cassano may or may not have had a stroke, depending on which Italian newspapers you read.

Valentin Ivanov

The former Torpedo Moscow forward who was joint top scorer at the 1962 World Cup has died aged 76.

On a positive note I saw Ron Saunders (former Villa boss) and long dropped off the public radar, was 79 last weekend.

Former Arsenal centre-half Alf Fields has died aged 92.

He spent 16 years there as a player, out 47 in total, but played just 19 league games for the first team, owing to war, injury and Leslie Compton.

Charlie Adam doing a bit of deadpool scouting via his goal celebration today:

Former Burnley and Preston defender Gary Parkinson "in critical condition"

Despite only being able to move his eyes, Parkinson's now scouting for Middlesbrough. There's probably a Steve McClaren joke in there somewhere.

Len Phillips

The last survivor of Portsmouth's league championship winning side of 1948-49 and 1949-50 has died aged 89.

Len Phillips

The last survivor of Portsmouth's league championship winning side of 1948-49 and 1949-50 has died aged 89.

Ah ha, does that give me the (equal) DDP theme team lead, I wonder? (Subject to a suitable obit, but I don't think that'll be an issue) If so, that will make up for an abysmal main team performance.

TMIB, is it decided by hits or average age per death? At the risk of sounding slightly bitter, seems an easy and lazy way to win a competition by picking incredibly old people...

I think once the obit comes through, you should have a 1 point lead...

I'm not sure if he would meet the fame criteria, but former Ghana captain Emmanuel Quashie is suffering from throat cancer. It's nice to see the press dealing with his predicament in such a sensitive manner:

...The crippling grip of throat cancer is dangerously oozing health out of him with each passing day. :huh:

Another Manchester United casualty today as Darren Fletcher announces a prolonged break from football because of ulcerative colitis. Obviously, that infection breaking out in the team bath would be a pain in the arse for the whole squad (arf!). The condition is normally limiting of lifestyle, not life-length. But combined with a prolonged blast from Fergie's famed hairdryer...you never know.

Another Manchester United casualty today as Darren Fletcher announces a prolonged break from football because of ulcerative colitis. Obviously, that infection breaking out in the team bath would be a pain in the arse for the whole squad (arf!). The condition is normally limiting of lifestyle, not life-length. But combined with a prolonged blast from Fergie's famed hairdryer...you never know.

I was going to say something about that yesterday, but couldn't be bothered typing anything

Hector Nunez, who managed Uruguay to their 1995 Copa America victory and won two UEFA cups during his playing career, dead at 75.

former USSR goalkeeper yevhen rudakov has died at 69 , he won the uefa super cup with dynamo kiev and got to the euro 1972 finals.

http://en.wikipedia..../Yevhen_Rudakov

• Like 1