Death in Vegas

Time Added

Lucian Balan tops himself at 56.

Won the European cup after the worst/[italian]best[/italian] final in '86 with Steau. Went on to get the super cup too.

I actually enjoyed the final, and wanted them to win :)

Lucian Balan tops himself at 56.

Won the European cup after the worst/[italian]best[/italian] final in '86 with Steau. Went on to get the super cup too.

I actually enjoyed the final, and wanted them to win :)

Wasn't because a certain Terry Venables was in charge of the Barcelona team was it?

No, he had already been laughed at by utd home and away a couple of years before (ask Buford for the videos). Plus he signed Steve Archibald .

The eastern European teams were hamstrung by lack of being able to sign folk, so the great Kiev, Honved teams etc were given my wholehearted 'go on my son'..

No, he had already been laughed at by utd home and away a couple of years before (ask Buford for the videos). Plus he signed Steve Archibald .

The eastern European teams were hamstrung by lack of being able to sign folk, so the great Kiev, Honved teams etc were given my wholehearted 'go on my son'..

Well, it might be tempting to idolize these teams as poor little underdogs that achived great things against a skewed playing field, but at least regarding the most famous Honvéd team in the early fifties with Puskás and the other "Mighty Magyar" folks, the real situation was a little bit bleaker. At the time, it was obviously the regime's favourite team (btw. honvéd means soldier in Hungarian) and some talented players in other teams were simply ordered to sign with Honvéd (sometimes against their will), leaving little chance for the other teams that were more popular with the people (like Ferencvárosi TC). Edited by GossipGabe

True, and some of the great Russian/east german etc sides were army sides, but years of English/German/Italian domination made me yearn for teams that money couldn't buy.

Note I left Spanish out as I was too young for their 60's Madrid team, and the Wall had came down before Barcelona actually 'did' anything much.

Dundee Utd and Liverpool were the only British teams to beat Barca at the Nou Camp in European competition...

Steau did what they had to do. The real tragedy is that Red Star played the same trick on Marseille in 1991 which was a real pity because they had a terrific team. Worst European Cup final ever...

Edited by themaninblack

Dundee Utd and Liverpool were the only British teams to beat Barca at the Nou Camp in European competition...

Steau did what they had to do. The real tragedy is that Red Star played the same trick on Marseille in 1991 which was a real pity because they had a terrific team. Worst European Cup final ever...

Aye, utd did it twice ;)

True re Red Star final, but that was fixed anyroads.

What age is he now? He seemed about 50 in '82.

What age is he now? He seemed about 50 in '82.

Fuck me. That wasn't so far off.

Kano Pillars have announced the passing away of their former midfielder, Abdul Haruna who slumped and died on Sunday evening after he fell during a friendly match in Kano.

SC

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-kano-pillars-midfielder-abdul-214400889.html;_ylt=AwrXgSPWSmVWURIAL2SZmolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Former Sheffield United and England 'keeper Alan Hodgkinson,

Credited with bring Peter Schmeichel to Manchester United.

Former Sheffield United and England 'keeper Alan Hodgkinson,

Now they're Non-Hodgkinson.

• Like 2

There's a picture of his corpse out there on the ol' www for those of you who miss Ogrish.

Hunned down in his prime.

Link me up spade.

• Like 1

Cheers. On GPRS so image search was forever.

Does 'tremendo' mean tremendous ?

And that's the same city the brother of Wilson Palacios got abducted/offed in.

Svein, father of former Leeds favourite Eirik , Bakke, himself a footballer, dead@62 according to the twattershpere.