Death in Vegas

Time Added

"George Arthur, an ex Ghana Black Star player is dead. He died of cardiac arrest at the Sunyani Government Hospital today, Sunday the 14th of June 2015.

The former Black Stars striker was playing a game of draughts with friends when he collapsed all of a sudden. He was then rushed to the hospital, but died before doctors could assist save him."

SC

http://enterghana.com/former-ghana-black-star-striker-george-arthur-is-dead/

PS makes Sir Creep's day any time he can post a football obit ahead of the DL members. That's a tough get. Also, gotta love the butchered translation going on in this obit.

Former coach of the Hamburg football team HSV, Klaus-Dieter Ochs, dead at 35:

http://www.goal.com/de/news/827/bundesliga/2015/06/18/12854192/ehemaliger-hsv-trainer-ochs-gestorben(link in german)

He began the development of the club that eventually led to its dominance in the early 80s, including winning the European Cup in 1983. He retired in 1975 and became a teacher...

http://www.goal.com/de/news/827/bundesliga/2015/06/18/12854192/ehemaliger-hsv-trainer-ochs-gestorben(link in german)

He began the development of the club that eventually led to its dominance in the early 80s, including winning the European Cup in 1983. He retired in 1975 and became a teacher...

Ummmm where to begin. According to the numbers you've quoted, he retired 5 years before he was born, and led Hamburg to the European Cup when he was 3.

Ummmm where to begin. According to the numbers you've quoted, he retired 5 years before he was born, and led Hamburg to the European Cup when he was 3.

He mistranslated a sentence of the article. "Bereits im Alter von 35 Jahren beendete er seine Karriere." translates to: "Already at age 35 he ended his carreer." He died aged 75.

dank je/danke schön/thank you.

He mistranslated a sentence of the article. "Bereits im Alter von 35 Jahren beendete er seine Karriere." translates to: "Already at age 35 he ended his carreer." He died aged 75.

Yes, sorry the 75/35/1975 thing apparently confused me. There must be something wrong with me today.

Yes, sorry the 75/35/1975 thing apparently confused me. There must be something wrong with me today.

No problem, we all have suvh days. Good family name, BTW, Ochs. I like animals as family names. In Dutch we have Vos, Mus, De Hond, De Kat, De Wolf, De Leeuw, Vis, Adelaar, Arend, De Vink... Oh, and De Jager and Visser, of course.

And presumably he turned out as a false 9 for Loughborough Dynamo in the 50s, hence why he's in this thread?

And presumably he turned out as a false 9 for Loughborough Dynamo in the 50s, hence why he's in this thread?

He's famous for his association with sports? Aah.... sorry I missed the basketball thread, though at least, he wasn't a player either.

Edit: Indeed sorry, I had always regarded this thread as a general sports thread. Because "time added" sounded like somethnig from ice hockey to me. Now I guess it's specifically about football, i.e. soccer.

To be fair he would have made the Fifa WC thread, except after a qualifier in Albania, he quit because of the state if the place.

• Like 1