Death in Vegas

Time Added

Disgusting that they have even had to ask the public for contributions. It's less than a week's wages for many of today's players.

Why didn't current and recent England players have a whip-round, it's small change to them.

• Like 1

Haven't looked, but that's a few weeks old isn't it?

^^ How do you know these things.... I wouldn't be able to tell anything like that about the Premier League.

In other news, Scottish football legend Ralph Milne now critical after liver failure:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/hospitalised-dundee-united-legend-ralph-milne-critical-1-3877833

:lol: by premier league I presume you mean the English one, in which I couldn't give a toss, apart from stats for betting purposes, but some things stick. Eg, peter Czeck has lost more home games under Wenger than Mourinhio.

Read up a fair bit on German football after seeing the Heroes of Berne film decades ago. Bundesliga formed early 60's and that was the return of Professionalism.

Really sad re Milne, outstanding player, only 54 ffs, demons of being Scottish have hit him hard. He 'may' be in the photos I posted in the extra curricular thread on footie, re the match fixed semi v Roma. Damon, eh, Buford??? is the man to ask though, he's the utd fan on the forum.

Milne dead. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/former-dundee-united-star-ralph-milne-dies-1-3879372

No liver or women to beat up on any more.

RIP Ralphie Milne

14th May 1983 WE WON THE LEAGUE A DENS, FUCK THE DEE FUCK THE DEE

• Like 2

Ian St John updates us on his cancer.

Crib notes

- 3 year battle so far

- bladder cancer which spread despite removal of bladder and prostate.

- now hoping chemo has helped, after cancer spread into the bone marrow.

• Like 1

Crib notes

- 3 year battle so far

Ok I think we are all basically learned as the the habits of cancer at this point. If u think he will obit he sounds 2016 shoe-in.

SC

Crib notes

- 3 year battle so far

Ok I think we are all basically learned as the the habits of cancer at this point. If u think he will obit he sounds 2016 shoe-in.

SC

Multiple league title wins for Liverpool (and considered a legend for them), and a TV host: obit guaranteed.

The US equivalent would be someone who played in multiple Superbowls, say for the Dallas Cowboys in the 70s, and then became a sports pundit. [Knowing little about NFL, I just picked the 2nd most successful side historically from the Wiki list for comparison.]

• Like 2

A Saint 'n Greavsie double for 2016?

Another Ron bites the dust, Ron Springett., aged 80. Nope, not got him either, was on the long list, went for Flowers instead.

Another Ron bites the dust, Ron Springett., aged 80. Nope, not got him either, was on the long list, went for Flowers instead.

Aye, these days he'd have been good for a winners' medal. Back then he only lasted a few seasons past the maximum wage. Be interesting to know what he thought of current wages.

I think they'd look great as #19 and #20 on next year's DL.

saint_and_greavsie_01.gif

Strapline suggestions???

"You kill me Greavsie"

&

"Fucking Hurst"

I was thinking that we were going to have the two football Jimmy's Greaves & Hill but this would also be a temptation.

I was thinking that we were going to have the two football Jimmy's Greaves & Hill but this would also be a temptation.

Yeah, Jimmy Hill is convinced he's starring in the original series of Mission Impossible.

I think they'd look great as #19 and #20 on next year's DL.

saint_and_greavsie_01.gif

Strapline suggestions???

"You kill me Greavsie"

&

"Fucking Hurst"

Ricky Otto, the Beppe Signori of the South East coast...

Dettmar Cramer, coached Bayern Munich to two successive European Cups and coached around the world, dead at 90.

Dragan Holcer: born in a concentration camp, played for Yugoslavia in the final of the 1968 European Championships, dead at 70.

Brief interview with "Deadly" Doug Ellis on Soccer Saturday today, looks very good for 92 and apparently still attends all home games.

At 92 also , johnny paton , scored in the Victory in Europe triumph for the mighty gla, ach, you know it.

WW2 blighted him, but we lent him to chelski :D , times change...