maryportfuncity

Widow(er) Shopping

Does anyone have any health news on Jovanka Broz, the widow of Tito? All I can find out is that she lives a reclusive lifestyle.

No news about Jovanka Brons, but another of Tito's three wives, Herta Haas has just died "in obscurity" in Belgrade, aged 96.

Guest Guest
Lady Susana Walton, the widow of Sir William Walton will be 82 on August 30th - suprisingly young considering that Sir William died in 1983 at the age of 80. A definite obit., but she's looking and sounding very healthy. Probably not a keeper.

She has died. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/c...-the-flame.html

Guest Guest
Does anyone have any health news on Jovanka Broz, the widow of Tito? All I can find out is that she lives a reclusive lifestyle.

No news about Jovanka Brons, but another of Tito's three wives, Herta Haas has just died "in obscurity" in Belgrade, aged 96.

And now Tito's pet elephant has died as well.

http://www.balkantravellers.com/en/read/article/1868

Cricketing bishop Lord David Sheppard dies of cancer

The former Bishop of Liverpool and ex-England cricket captain Lord Sheppard has died of cancer on the eve of his 76th birthday.

Lord Sheppard's widow, Lady Grace Sheppard, has announced that she is battling cancer for the second time.

Cricketing bishop Lord David Sheppard dies of cancer

The former Bishop of Liverpool and ex-England cricket captain Lord Sheppard has died of cancer on the eve of his 76th birthday.

Lord Sheppard's widow, Lady Grace Sheppard, has announced that she is battling cancer for the second time.

She's dead.

Not sure how famous - but sure she would get an obit...

Norris Church Mailer - widow of the late Norman - . although it seems she may have some competition from a mistress. Nice going when you are in your 70's.....

She did.

Here's one I think we missed. Hilary Bardwell, Lady Kilmarnock when she died but widow of Kingsley Amis and mother of Martin.

Well, it's over 24 hours since I started a thread so...

The death of Mrs Ralph Vaughan-Williams was a timely reminder of the existence of widows much younger than their more famous husbands and wives. I think it's time we pooled our knowledge on those obit-worthy if low-profile survivors. The likes of Imelda Marcos, Betty Ford and Nancy Reagan are already on the DL radar. Let's limit this collection to those out of the headlines but still obit-worthy to DDP standards and beyond. I'd wager the following brace would score, even by the exacting standards of the CPDP.

Step forward, Bing's bed-steady: Kathryn Crosby

Kathryn Crosby was widowed again due to a crash earlier this month. Her second husband was killed in a car accident, in which she also sustained injuries.

Good spot DDT. She's gotta be a future contender and is clearly newsworthy. Very insensitive of the news coverage to headline a story about her latest husband's death with the words 'Bing Crosby's widow'...can't imagine the family of her still-cooling latest husband feeling that was appropriate.

If she marries again...I'm having that husband on EVERY dead pool team I have.

Mrs Morecambe and Mrs Wise both seemed chipper and alert when interviewed for a documentary screened over Christmas.

Doris Murray, widow of political heavyweight Eric Heffer, has died aged 84. Obituary by Tam Dalyell.

The ridiculously named Happy Rockefeller, Nelson's missus, is still with us.

I've been trying to discover if Robert Maxted, incredibly tolerant husband of seventies sex-kitten Mary Millington, is still alive. Probably worth a tabloid mention when he goes. She's been dead over thirty years but she'd only be in her mid-sixties if she were still alive. Anyone know if he's still knocking about Walton on the Hill where they used to live?

gardening.jpg

I've been trying to discover if Robert Maxted, incredibly tolerant husband of seventies sex-kitten Mary Millington, is still alive. Probably worth a tabloid mention when he goes. She's been dead over thirty years but she'd only be in her mid-sixties if she still alive. Anyone know if he's still knocking about Walton on the Hill where they used to live?

Never heard of that woman before. I didn't read UK rags in that period.

Her Wikipedia entry is an interesting read. It does mention Maxted by family name only. Strangely, he doesn't have an entry in Wiki, where many obscure people have.

regards,

Hein

Maxted is surely obit-worthy since his presence, as an unbelievably tolerant husband - was part of her image at the time. I'd heard about a biopic this year, which is likely to throw some light on those in her career who still survive now. Film's due out this back-end (heh heh).

Friend of a friend stuff but...Maxted lives and is helping with the new film though it's all a bit - ahem - 'delicate.'

Joanne Siegel, widow of Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel, and model for Lois Lane has died aged 93.

Susan Crosland, widow and biographer of Tony Crosland, has died aged 84.

Roberta McCain, widow of Admiral John S. McCain, Jr, and mother of US Presidential Candidate John McCain turned 99 earlier this year. :lol: