maryportfuncity

Widow(er) Shopping

Jean Pickering

The widow of athletics coach and commentator Ron Pickering has died aged 83. As Jean Desforges, she was European long jump champion in 1954. She also won a bronze in the Helsinki Olympics in 1952 as a member of the 4 x 100 metre relay team.

• Like 1

Unconfirmed Report: Jane Henson, American puppeteer and the widow of puppeteer Jim Henson (died 16/5/90), has died. I'll post a link when it comes up. Reuters link

Edited by Paul Bearer
To add link

Unconfirmed Report: Jane Henson, American puppeteer and the widow of puppeteer Jim Henson (died 16/5/90), has died. I'll post a link when it comes up.

All the Muppet-related sources I follow are reporting it. Unsurprising but very much a shame to hear, she was the first collaborator of Jim Henson before he became well known and did much work to preserve his legacy.

Guest Guest

and the widow of Robert Maxwell , Elizabeth Maxwell has died at 91 http://www.nytimes.c...obituaries&_r=0

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved from topic "The Fringes of Fame/Family of the Famous"

Does anyone have any health news on Jovanka Broz, the widow of Tito? All I can find out is that she lives a reclusive lifestyle.

No news about Jovanka Brons, but another of Tito's three wives, Herta Haas has just died "in obscurity" in Belgrade, aged 96.

Jovanka Broz in a "critical condition" in a Serbian hospital.

Does anyone have any health news on Jovanka Broz, the widow of Tito? All I can find out is that she lives a reclusive lifestyle.

No news about Jovanka Brons, but another of Tito's three wives, Herta Haas has just died "in obscurity" in Belgrade, aged 96.

Slightly improving, but still not in good shape at all, especially if this excerpt is true:

Source for Kurir said that Jovanka has a breast tumor which she did not treat, so it metastasized.

Slightly improving, but still not in good shape at all, especially if this excerpt is true:

Source for Kurir said that Jovanka has a breast tumor which she did not treat, so it metastasized.

Dead.

758px-Bing_and_Kathryn_Crosby_1976.jpg

Kathryn Crosby turned 80 last week and is - apparently - completely recovered from the automobile accident that killed her 85 year old second husband three years ago.

Margot Honecker, who narrowly missed being in my widows and childern theme team in Canadian Paul's dead pool

http://en.wikipedia....Margot_Honecker

Barbara Marx, who was married to two famous men, though not at the time

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Barbara_Marx

Aren't Eric and Ernies widows still with us?

Well Eric's is, she's just been named in the New Year's honours list

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/30/-sp-new-years-honours-2015-full-list

Frank Carson's widow Ruth, has died three years after her husband.

To paraphrase Frank, the report's a 'cracker'

Frank Carson died on February at the age of 85 after suffering poor health, however, he still remained active on the comedy circuit.

His big break came after winning the popular sixties talent show It's a Knockout three times.

• Like 1

Frank Carson died on February at the age of 85 after suffering poor health, however, he still remained active on the comedy circuit.

His big break came after winning the popular sixties talent show It's a Knockout three times.

I hope I'm able to keep working after my death

I hope I'm able to keep working after my death

Working, no thanks. Remaining active - possibly.

Just saw in today's paper that 99 year old Wanda Newby, widow of author Eric Newby, has recently died.

She was off our radar, right?

Was looking for info on Nancy Sinatra and discovered that her mother, Nancy Barbato, Frank Sinatra's first wife, is still alive at 97:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Nancy-Sinatra-to-Discuss-Dads-Life-Career-on-CBS-SUNDAY-MORNING-329-20150327#

Good spot

Re the younger Nancy, the awesome Mr Weird and Wacky blog site posted a country album of hers a few days ago, pretty damn good.

Sarah Brady widow of Reagan's Press Secretary, James Brady has died at the age of 73

Sarah Brady widow of Reagan's Press Secretary, James Brady has died at the age of 73

Really, she took her time.

As per the post, and her being recognized as one of the leaders in gun control advocacy, she obtained far more than enough infamy and notoriety on her own right, she wasn't just 'James Brady's widow'. Seems more appropriate in Deaths of 2015 thread than here. What next Hillary Clinton, you know, some old bat unaccomplished widow of a famous person.

SC

• Like 1