Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

4 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

Why are some people hard to find stats on.. Was watching the old tv classic Night Court and watched an episode of Bob and June Wheeler.. Those two could put you in stitches.. Anyways I was trying to look up who they were and how old they were.   It's so unfortunate  that many of the cast are passing away including Richard Moll just this past year.. June was played by Annie O' Donnall.  But everything I look up can't find much info on her including her age or even if she is still alive for sure.  Had the same experience when looking up Bess Meisler. Can't find definitive info on her.

This is Annie O'Donnell's IMDb entry: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0640721/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

She has acting credits through 2023, so is very likely still alive.

Her is Bess Meisler's IMDb entry: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0577062/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Her date of birth is listed as July 29, 1922 and her last credit 2016. She has been mentioned in the Deathlist thread 'Ideas and Possibilities for 2025'. That suggests she's either still alive or hasn't received a public obituary.

• Like 1

Just now, alt obits guy said:

This is Annie O'Donnell's IMDb entry: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0640721/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Surely she'd get a mention from surviving castmembers (and possibly even a QO) because of how beloved her character was...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Her is Bess Meisler's IMDb entry: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0577062/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Her date of birth is listed as July 29, 1922 and her last credit 2016. She has been mentioned in the Deathlist thread 'Ideas and Possibilities for 2025'. That suggests she's either still alive or hasn't received a public obituary.

Meisler has been referred to in the present tense in interviews and articles related to the recently released My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 (which she was notably absent from). I would be VERY surprised if she died off radar.

• Like 1

Anyway, @livingbygrace, this is the wrong thread. You need to post this stuff in the Detective work thread.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Anyway, @livingbygrace, this is the wrong thread. You need to post this stuff in the Detective work thread.

Oh thank you very much.. I am pretty new yet and am unaware of all the threads there are. Remember for next time

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 12:43, Death Impends said:

German actor and voice artist Reiner Schöne died New Year's Day according to his Wiki page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiner_Schöne

A brand new DDP pick. Will be surprised if there's a QO.

Nothing on his website (which seems like it's kept up to date), nor his FB page. Credits in 2023. Very long and detailed page on German Wiki. I'm calling b/s on this. Maybe a DDP newb thought they could award themselves some early points? :P 

• Like 1

I put him on my DC animation theme team (which is mostly just random picks). There's a post on his Instagram from the 2nd, so yeah, he's still going.

Not that relevant, but I doubt he wouldn't QO. He'd be guaranteed to get a THR obit for playing the bad guy in The Eiger Sanction and Mortal Kombat Annihilation (in addition to his roles in Babylon 5, Star Trek, Batman Beyond, Murder She Wrote, etc.)

• Like 3

According to an unsourced edit (now reverted) to his page on October 3, Edward Downe Jr. (wiki) died on October 1, aged 94.

Crooked businessman and socialite caught up in the "Irish cottage" scandal who received a presidential pardon from Bill Clinton in the final days of his presidency.

Can anyone find confirmation?

16508139.jpg.1dba2c9a492cc650d18fdebdd3154501.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting times re Roy Battersby on Wikipedia

Everything is "was" including his marriage which ended in 2024, but currently no date of death or citing of source confirming it - likely imminent, then

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Battersby

• Like 1

Very strange. The user who added her has been on Wikipedia for almost 568 years according to his personal page, he should know better.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

It finally happened:

image.thumb.png.1a62caa352dfd15a6ca901572a2e4920.png

Oops..They forgot their morning coffee I guess. Even though it looks like it was taken down pretty fast, It is hilarious you were faster to screen shoot it

Telman Zeynalov (wiki), Azerbaijani sculptor, reportedly dead at 92.

Stanley Baxter dead today according to his wiki??? But it was reverted by @Ulitzer95.

Vandalism?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Stanley Baxter dead today according to his wiki??? But it was reverted by @Ulitzer95.

Vandalism?

The IP is Italian. Seems strange...

EDIT: 100% troll. He added on Italian wiki Baxter had two children.

11 minutes ago, drol said:

The IP is Italian. Seems strange...

I noticed that earlier. Thought it was you playing a practical joke.

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Vandalism?

It's fake. Because it's an Italian IP, I checked his Italian wiki page. Same IP added his death on there, with the place of death being Glasgow, but also that Baxter and his wife got two children.

7 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Former Bolivia’s President Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada declared dead by a wiki user. No references or sources.

Takes two seconds to understand it's a troll.

Eva Grant (wiki), Turkish-born Greek-British photographer who was one of the only females in the male dominated glamour industry during the 1950s and 1960s, supposedly died today aged 98.

Also the widow of Labour peer Lord Hatch (1917–1992).

Someone claiming she was their aunt has marked New Zealand mezzo-soprano Honor McKellar (wiki), as having died today aged 103.

A pick on the centenarians pool and a unique DDP pick.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2024 at 14:51, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone claiming she was their aunt has marked New Zealand mezzo-soprano Honor McKellar (wiki), as having died today aged 103.

Obituary for Honor McKellar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 02/02/2024 at 13:51, Ulitzer95 said:

3 hours ago, drol said:

Obituary for Honor McKellar.

Thanks, my first hit in my NZ based theme team

• Like 1

Julian Gloag (Wiki), the author of Our Mother’s House, which was made into a film of the same name starring Dirk Bogarde reported dead last September 2023?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Julian Gloag (Wiki), the author of Our Mother’s House, which was made into a film of the same name starring Dirk Bogarde reported dead last September 2023?

Death record from MatchID. A quick scroll through his Wiki page would have told you he lived in France.

• Shocked 1