Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

I'm sure about what I say. He is a troll and with serious mental health issues.

• Like 1

The fact he's done a death hoax before carries more weight than his overall amount of edits. Especially since most of his edits seem to be tiny adjustments, you know, fixing typos and whatnot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

The user who added it is a troll who should already have been banned. He did the same with Linda Henry.

The user in question is a member of DL Forums (or ghost reads as a guest). 

Often when people announce a death on here, said user jumps on to the deceased's Wiki page and starts editing it.

1 hour ago, drol said:

I'm sure about what I say. He is a troll and with serious mental health issues.

Yeah I think you're correct, they clearly need psychiatric help and banning as quickly as possible. I really don't understand their mentality, what would they gain out of it?? Sad really

• Facepalm 1

Former California congressman (1974–1993) Robert J. Lagomarsino (wiki) supposedly dead at 94.

Nothing on the Twitter or FB. Found a photo of him on Twitter from October where he looked pretty frail so probably true.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 00:57, Ulitzer95 said:

Former California congressman (1974–1993) Robert J. Lagomarsino (wiki) supposedly dead at 94.

Nothing on the Twitter or FB. Found a photo of him on Twitter from October where he looked pretty frail so probably true.

Confirmation, just to show no one would troll about Robert J. Lagomarsino.

• Haha 1

On 04/02/2021 at 18:22, Ulitzer95 said:

The user in question is a member of DL Forums (or ghost reads as a guest). 

Often when people announce a death on here, said user jumps on to the deceased's Wiki page and starts editing it.

To come back of this, he is the kind of guy who would edit Wikipedia, then come here and annunce the news, only to use this as a source for wiki in a good old Ponzi scheme... :sherlock:

Golden-era actress Martha Stewart (wiki) supposedly dead at 98.

Wise to apply caution with this one as she was subject to a death hoax in 2012.

https://www.altfg.com/film/ were in touch with her family and should report it, but for some reason their site isn't loading for me. Does it work for anyone else?

Unknown.jpeg.c2840256b2426c0a406078fab35b4dff.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

https://www.altfg.com/film/ were in touch with her family and should report it, but for some reason their site isn't loading for me. Does it work for anyone else?

Theres' nothing on that site.

Bit odd that news of her death would be added by someone in Basel as well.

On 18/02/2021 at 15:01, Spade_Cooley said:

Bit odd that news of her death would be added by someone in Basel as well.

Hmm, how did you get Basel? Did you press the "geolocate" on the user's IP on Wiki? I did the same thing and it shows somewhere in Canada to me. Possible that they're using a non-fixed IP, or that it's just an unreliable tool.

Anyway, said user wasn't hoaxing. Her daughter tweeted earlier confirming her death:

• Like 2

On 18/02/2021 at 06:12, Ulitzer95 said:

Hollywood Reporter obit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ajlposh said:

Wiki is stating that comedian Marty Brill died in January 21.

Wikipedia has now removed the death date from his entry and he is listed, once more, as being alive.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Wikipedia has now removed the death date from his entry and he is listed, once more, as being alive.

So? There are posts on social media about his death which predate the Wikipedia edit.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So? There are posts on social media about his death which predate the Wikipedia edit.

Which doesn't negate what I wrote, which didn't conclude he was still alive. It only stated Wikipedia has listed him, once more, as being a member of the living. 

16 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Which doesn't negate what I wrote, which didn't conclude he was still alive. It only stated Wikipedia has listed him, once more, as being a member of the living. 

But it doesn't mean anything either. If something isn't reliably sourced on Wiki, it's removed. That's all it means.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Which doesn't negate what I wrote, which didn't conclude he was still alive. It only stated Wikipedia has listed him, once more, as being a member of the living

Not quite.  It doesn't go that far.  It just doesn't state that he is dead.

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not quite.  It doesn't go that far.  It just doesn't state that he is dead.

Actually there is a "Living people" category on bottom of the article, but it is true that fucking Wikipedia does not decide if one is dead or alive. So all these edits are meaningless.

• Like 1

Someone just edited the Wiki page of American businessman and philanthropist Carl J. Shapiro (wiki) to say he died yesterday, 7th March, aged 108.

I'm inclined to believe it given that this is what he looked like in March 2016, 5 years ago!

One of the victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme that scammed Shapiro's charity organisation out of $145 million! Sadly, old Madoff (83 next month) survives him.

11252347_1123508101015461_3951.jpg.5865f06461f6db7be43036281497a04a.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone just edited the Wiki page of American businessman and philanthropist Carl J. Shapiro (wiki) to say he died yesterday, 7th March, aged 108.

I'm inclined to believe it given that this is what he looked like in March 2016, 5 years ago!

One of the victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme that scammed Shapiro's charity organisation out of $145 million! Sadly, old Madoff (83 next month) survives him.

For now, he's still on the board of his foundation:

http://www.shapirofamilyfdn.org/DefaultPermissions/AbouttheFoundation/tabid/160/Default.aspx

But let's see... 

(I was pretty invested in him for some time)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

Nothing else on it

Patience my dear arghton.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

21 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Confirmation via the Boston Globe.

• Like 4