Sign in to follow this  
Boudicca

President (recumbent) Barack Obama

If you really don't know or understand why they are two different things then I pity you.

Your post sounds like one of those "I'm not a racist..." posts that racists make.

So. Your posts make you sound like a complete dick.

Although Harry is obviously being difficult for the sake of it, he does make a point. Atmittedly Bush does tend to have ape like facial expressions, somthing which Obama does not. Lets say for argument sake that Obama looked similar to Bush Jnr, would anyone dare make the ape comparison?

(Before you accuse me of being covertly racist, it has long since been established on this site. I tend to disagree, because I hate people of all skin colours and races equally).

If you really don't know or understand why they are two different things then I pity you.

Your post sounds like one of those "I'm not a racist..." posts that racists make.

Although Harry is obviously being difficult for the sake of it, he does make a point. Atmittedly Bush does tend to have ape like facial expressions, somthing which Obama does not. Lets say for argument sake that Obama looked similar to Bush Jnr, would anyone dare make the ape comparison?

(Before you accuse me of being covertly racist, it has long since been established on this site. I tend to disagree, because I hate people of all skin colours and races equally).

Don't even bother Windsor

Don't bother what? I think that Harry made a fair observation.

Obama called himself a 'mut' in a recent press conference. What was that a reference to, and would it have been seen as racist if I had called him a 'mut'?

Obama called himself a 'mut' in a recent press conference. What was that a reference to, and would it have been seen as racist if I had called him a 'mut'?

Don't even bother trying to involve yourself in something you don't have the knowledge or experience to involve yourself in. Go read a book or something.

Don't even bother trying to involve yourself in something you don't have the knowledge or experience to involve yourself in. Go read a book or something.

Since you are the experienced one, perhaps you should answer my question.

Your posts make you sound like you don't know what you are speaking about. Instead of insulting me, please do make some attempt at answering my question.

Your posts make you sound like you don't know what you are speaking about. Instead of insulting me, please do make some attempt at answering my question.

Tell me what a "mut" is? I don't think you mean a "Mut, which means mother, was an ancient Egyptian mother goddess with multiple aspects that changed over the thousands of years of the culture. " do you?

Tell me what a "mut" is? I don't think you mean a "Mut, which means mother, was an ancient Egyptian mother goddess with multiple aspects that changed over the thousands of years of the culture. " do you?

I stand corrected. I was speaking of 'mutt' as in mixed breed dog.

Now that we have moved on from such an unforgivable spelling error, you could perhaps answer my question before disappearing even further up your own arse.

Can I just ask the pertinent question: " Who gives a f**k?"

A man gets voted into power with huge swathes of an " Ethnic" group voting for him because "He is black" and thats not a race issue.

Whites in the Southern States vote for McCain because he is white and that IS a race issue.

Utter bollocks.

A man gets voted into power with huge swathes of an " Ethnic" group voting for him because "He is black" and thats not a race issue.

Whites in the Southern States vote for McCain because he is white and that IS a race issue.

Utter bollocks.

The issue was whether comparing Obama to a monkey would be racist if it wasn't to do so to Bush.

I think it would be because of the context and history.

Now that we have moved on from such an unforgivable spelling error, you could perhaps answer my question before disappearing even further up your own arse.

No. i think it wouldn't be if you put your comment into context such as "as President Elect Obama said..."

No. i think it wouldn't be if you put your comment into context such as "as President Elect Obama said..."

Come on Welshman. Surely you could answer such a simple question.

Oh wait - that's right. I forgot you were a C-word.

Can't we all just be pleased that a smart, worldly guy has been elected US president?

Ladies and gentleman, on Tuesday night, history was made. A decision had been reached by the people. I previously stated that the United States of America had entered a new phase. A light is now shining through the trees. The hopeless days of which have long occompanied us are now on borrowed time. That's the optimist speaking. The transformation process which has long been promised has now manifested itself as a probable event. However, it hasn't manifested itself as a definite event.

I was watching CNN as they made the projection that Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States. As I watched it, I thought of life as other African Americans knew it centuries ago. The moment was for them. I watched John McCain make his closing speech and as I watched it, I felt as if I had just been introduced to some modernized generation where realistic hopes are possible and the expectations deep within ourselves can be met.

I'll close this post with noting that I believe this election was mainly decided upon intelligence and not by race. However, I believe John McCain's age played a significant role in his defeat. Somebody previously stated that Sarah Palin reminded them of a cheerleader in highschool. Even as a approachable cheerleader, that doesn't fit the criteria to be Vice President, now does it? It's my belief that McCain wanted something similar to a Hilary-frenzy, which ultimately didn't work out. Even as most would consider her as more of a total MILF then Hillary, it certainly didn't win her the votes.

(And by the way, did anyone spot the "little person" in Obama's new administration?) It's either he exists or I'm losing it.

Ladies and gentleman, on Tuesday night, history was made. A decision had been reached by the people. I previously stated that the United States of America had entered a new phase. A light is now shining through the trees. The hopeless days of which have long occompanied us are now on borrowed time. That's the optimist speaking. The transformation process which has long been promised has now manifested itself as a probable event. However, it hasn't manifested itself as a definite event.

I was watching CNN as they made the projection that Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States. As I watched it, I thought of life as other African Americans knew it centuries ago. The moment was for them. I watched John McCain make his closing speech and as I watched it, I felt as if I had just been introduced to some modernized generation where realistic hopes are possible and the expectations deep within ourselves can be met.

I'll close this post with noting that I believe this election was mainly decided upon intelligence and not by race. However, I believe John McCain's age played a significant role in his defeat. Somebody previously stated that Sarah Palin reminded them of a cheerleader in highschool. Even as a approachable cheerleader, that doesn't fit the criteria to be Vice President, now does it? It's my belief that McCain wanted something similar to a Hilary-frenzy, which ultimately didn't work out. Even as most would consider her as more of a total MILF then Hillary, it certainly didn't win her the votes.

(And by the way, did anyone spot the "little person" in Obama's new administration?) It's either he exists or I'm losing it.

Errrr...how many dozens of Time Zones are you west of Hawaii? You're posting events that happened four days ago (dial-up modem problems?) Still, insightful as ever. however I will carefully trawl Obama's new administration to identify the "little person". If he exists, will you accept you are losing it - and identify HOW you noticed you could have been losing it in the first place?

We should all be prejudiced against people who can't trim their posts.

I was out of town when the extravaganza was happening live. I returned today and that's when I was available to exploit my view on the subject. Generally, I would have been more active in this thread.

If you want me to be upfront - I'll correct you Terminator. In my life, I think that I may have lost it once. Or almost lost it. I would say almost. The reason is a combination of factors. I'm not exactly sure how to define it. There was a time years ago where I had many struggles and doubts and realizations and disappointments which affected me. However, sometimes even in great loss, in great failure, there is a renewal which may eventually equal the previous struggle. Sometimes it takes a great sacrifice to reach our destinations in life. I may be proof. The perception some have on this forum is very inaccurate. Listen, it all operates on many different levels. In the end, all that matters is today and only today. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Utter bollocks.

The issue was whether comparing Obama to a monkey would be racist if it wasn't to do so to Bush.

I think it would be because of the context and history.

"Context and history" are vague dodges to the blatant double standard being applied. My ancestors, Welsh and Irish, were subjected to terrible racism and discrimination in the US. In 1960 it was considered inconceivable that an Irish Catholic could be elected president, but Irish-Americans didn't run around defying and assaulting law enforcement officers when it happened.

The comparisons of Bush to an ape (and don't get me wrong, I think the collage in question is hilarious; I'm as ashamed of that cretin as most Americans) were found to be offensive by many. Now that Obama has been elected president, I think the same standards should apply; he's fair game.

I also think that all black people in the USA now have to STFU about racism and strive to achieve some fraction of the success of their hero.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and Orca Winfrey needs to die. She promised.

I also think that all black people in the USA now have to STFU about racism and strive to achieve some fraction of the success of their hero,

I agree. Everything should "balance out now". A black man has been elected president and that certainly should change the way African Americans's view themselves. It's the 21st century now. As the years go by, we should have less use for people like Rev Al Sharpton. There might always be discrimination in this world but the election of a black man should signify a step forward for humanity.

People bitching about their skin color is reaching the sunset of it acceptability. However, we aren't exactly there yet. I mean that as I say it.

Everyone has probably already seen this, but if not, I think it says it all really, regarding the whole, African/Irish/Welsh/Cayman Island/Yorkshire/Gay-American thingy.

Guest fred

hardly a 'landslide' ! take 3 points from BO, give to JM, = a "tie" @ 49% each;

you need to take some math & statistics classes !

maybe then YOU'D be 'wildly popular', instead of a dunce !

I was particularly impressed by Barry's huge landslide win in the popular vote.

Apparently he got a whopping 52% of the popular vote to McCain's 46%. (What happened to the missing 2%?)

It's reassuring to know he's as wildly popular as the media made out.

Apparently he got a whopping 52% of the popular vote to McCain's 46%. (What happened to the missing 2%?)

F uckwit. Even I got that one.

I also think that all black people in the USA now have to STFU about racism and strive to achieve some fraction of the success of their hero,

I agree. Everything should "balance out now". A black man has been elected president and that certainly should change the way African Americans's view themselves. It's the 21st century now. As the years go by, we should have less use for people like Rev Al Sharpton. There might always be discrimination in this world but the election of a black man should signify a step forward for humanity.

People bitching about their skin color is reaching the sunset of it acceptability. However, we aren't exactly there yet. I mean that as I say it.

While President-Elect Obama's election is a significant step forward for American race relations, it by no means "balances out" everything and does not mean that African Americans need to shut up. Racism, while much less virulent in the last 30 years is still alive. I would only ask that if citizens resort to blaming their misfortunes on racism, they furnish specifics rather than the shop worn generalities used by people like Sharpton and Jackson.

F uckwit. Even I got that one.

Exactly, Lardy. Fred apparently does not understand irony, nor does he comprehend that I do understand maths and stats.

Just for the record -- and so any lamebrained fuckwits* can understand what I'm talking about -- figures that close (52%-46% with 2% spoilage) in the popular vote are nowhere near being a landslide.

I was make a point that the media were sensationalising things way beyond belief.

* This is not aimed specifically at "Fred," but all lamebrained fuckwits (of whom, some do not understand irony, like Fred, for example, who are also dunces.)

Come on Welshman. Surely you could answer such a simple question.

Oh wait - that's right. I forgot you were a C-word.

I've enjoyed this childish name-calling healthy and vigorous debate, but Welshman, I think an avatar upgrade would increase your gravitas. In a similar way to using blue comic sans, of course.

sheepshagger.gif

While President-Elect Obama's election is a significant step forward for American race relations, it by no means "balances out" everything and does not mean that African Americans need to shut up. Racism, while much less virulent in the last 30 years is still alive. I would only ask that if citizens resort to blaming their misfortunes on racism, they furnish specifics rather than the shop worn generalities used by people like Sharpton and Jackson.

So when will it be "balanced out"? Would slave reparations do it for you? Institutionalized racism is dead with the election of a black president, should we outlaw personal opinions we find offensive? Would that make things finally "right" for you? What if we rewrite The Star Spangled Banner as a rap song and redecorate all government buildings with tacky "African" colors? Maybe if we finally declare an "official" American language and we all switch to "ebonics"?

Why don't you say what you really mean? You want apologist bullshit guilt tactics to last as long as there's something in it for you, right?

My personal message to black people in the United States: The jig is up, you've broken through the ceiling. You can't play the "poor me, the man is holding me down card" anymore; you are the man. Handout time is over, time to get off the dole and on the bus to school. It IS the majority of black* people in the US creating the stereotype. Stop it, you're embarrassing the rest of us.

*I continue to say black because the overwhelming majority of black people in America have never even been to Africa, (hell, statistics tell us most Americans can't even find Africa on a map) nor even met anyone who has been there. The irony of this is that our newly elected president actually IS African American.