Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Natalie Cole is to undergo a kidney transplant operation next month, after her sister agreed to be a donor. She is reported (by the National Enquirer) to be too weak to have the operation right now.

Another BS "OH my god, this celebrity is gonna have an imminent death!" article by the National Enquirer.

Do these guys have anything better to do? They said the same thing about Michael Jackson, et. al.

I guess like the death poolers here, ordinary folks have a thing for celebrities dying so the National Enquirer figures that printing articles boldly saying that a celebrity is about to inevitably die soon (when it's obviously not the case) is a sure way of seller copies.

They did nail Sydney Pollack. They also were the first to say Newman was a gonner.

Dominick Dunne - American writer, now rejecting chemo treatment for his bladder cancer.

Update on Dunne's health.

He is far from fatalistic: Dunne hopes that the first round of stem cell treatment he has received in the Dominican Republic and the next round he hopes to receive in Germany will prove successful in fighting his bladder cancer, diagnosed seven months ago.

“I went to a party last night and everybody said I looked fabulous, and I said: ‘It’s the stem cells’. I’m breaking with tradition and refusing to take chemo,” Dunne says, laughing. “I don’t take care of myself. I mean, I’m incredibly active. If you have to have cancer, you have to have the right attitude. I’m not going to lie down and die. I’m going to fight and keep working. I feel so well. Why go through ten weeks of vomiting after chemo? I’m too old for this. I don’t have enough time left. They say they’d give me anti-nausea pills, but I’m already taking too many pills. I hate pills.”

Paul Birch - English footy player, now suffering from bone cancer

Harold John Blackham - ancient UK philosopher, writer, turned 105 this year.

Lei Clijsters - Belgian footy player, rumoured to be dying of lung cancer.

Dai Llewellyn - Welsh socialite who, at the age of only 62, is dying in hospice of metastatic prostate cancer, cirrhosis of the liver and severe anaemia.

Sir John Mortimer - Writer an ex-barrister who claims he's "not going to last very long".

Birch, Blackham, Clijsters, Llewellyn & Mortimer died in the past month. Their names should be removed from the list.

Birch, Blackham, Clijsters, Llewellyn & Mortimer died in the past month. Their names should be removed from the list.

Gone, but not forgotten.

I haven't gone through the list to see if there are any more, so post 'em here if you spot any others that have shuffled off the list.

Edward Upward - English writer, apparently, doing "okay" for his age, which was 105 this year.

Edward Upward died on the 13th February 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Edward Upward - English writer, apparently, doing "okay" for his age, which was 105 this year.

Edward Upward died on the 13th February 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

A burial will surely mean downward for Upward. :rolleyes:

Wendy Richard - Well-known British actress whose impending death from cancer has been making lots of news lately.

Wendy Richard died on the 26th February 2009 from cancer. Her name should be removed from the list as well.

I've updated the main list, cleaned up the dead people, updated their ages, removed that opera singer and made a few minor changes. Right now, I'm off to the I&P thread to add the new suggestions.

I didn't really check too heard to see if anyone on the list had improved, save for Chris Todd, who's pretty close to being removed, so if there are any suggestions on who should be taken off, post 'em here.

Edit: Done with the update, much less painful than I had expected for having slacked off for the past three months.

Jade Goody - British television "celebrity". Perpetually in the final hours of her life, thanks to terminal cancer.

Jade Goody has died. :D

Guest ***STOP PRESS***
Jade Goody - British television "celebrity". Perpetually in the final hours of her life, thanks to terminal cancer.

Jade Goody has died. :D

Thank-you, well spotted. We really wouldn't have known if you hadn't informed us. Keep up the good work.

Dan Seals - American country musician who just completed treatment for lymphoma. Prognosis unknown.

Dan Seals died from lymphoma on the 25th of March 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Genaro Hernandez - Mexican-American boxer, suffering from a rare form of cancer and an inability to pay for all of his treatments.

Genaro Hernandez says his cancer is in remission.

Jon Anderson - Lead singer of Yes, had to cancel the band's 2008 tour after discovering that he had acute respiratory failure.

Jon Anderson is going to be touring again. That, coupled with the fact that what he had before wasn't really all that worrisome, means that I'm crossing him off the list. I'm keeping Genaro Hernandez on for now, but I'll note that his cancer is supposedly in remission.

Hank Cochran - Tumor-ridden country music singer and songwriter.

I must have missed this at some point, but Hank Cochran got a clean bill of health months ago, so I've removed him as well.

Peter Dula - Slovakian leader of "Europe's top country band," now afflicted with "aggressive post-radiation sarcoma." Not sure what any of that means, or if it will help him get an obit.

No real update here, other than he's still working and still fighting cancer, but I couldn't pass up a chance to link to his music on his Myspace page. :unsure:

If there's anyone else that's improved and should be taken off the list, let me know. I'll try and update it with new suggestions soon.

Ed McMahon - Johnny Carson's sidekick, turned 86 this year while fighting pneumonia and bone cancer in a hospital.

No real update on his health, but this reminded me of Evel Knievel settling his lawsuit like, two days before he died...

Chuck Daly - Former head coach of the Detroit Pistons, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March 2009.

Chuck Daly has died. :blink:

Guest Really?
Peter Falk is suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Fathi Eljahmi - Ill and imprisoned Libyan dissident

Fathi Eljahmi was flown to a medical facility in Jordan last month, his condition is described as "comatose".

Well, that was this morning....now he's dead. :banghead:

Removed him, as well as Elizabeth Edwards (per my comment in her thread), Patrick Manning (who recovered from cancer months ago) and Chris Todd.

I have more free time now that I'm on vacation, so I'll try to update this with the new suggestions later today (my today).

Chuck Daly - Former head coach of the Detroit Pistons, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March 2009.

Chuck Daly died from pancreatic cancer on May 9, 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Chuck Daly died from pancreatic cancer on May 9, 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Removed and updated the list to May 20 - a decent amount of new names this round.

Elizabeth Gladys Milvinia Dean - Last living Titanic survivor, turned 97 this year. Took a tumble and broke her hip, but seems to be doing alright considering.

Milvina Dean has died. Her name needs to be removed from the list.