Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

I was going to post that Pete Seeger had died, but it was his younger brother Mike - nevermind!

I was going to post that Barry Christ had died, but it was his younger brother Jesus, and it was two thousand years ago - nevermind!

Without a doubt, Post of the Year :rolleyes:

Removed all the dead ones (I think, it's been a while) - hopefully have some time blocked out tomorrow to add more suggestions.

Don Hewitt - Creator of "60 Minutes", who might have just that long to live since he turns 87 this year and has pancreatic cancer.

Don Hewitt died on August 19, 2009 from pancreatic cancer. His name should be deleted as well.

Abdulaziz Hakim - Iraqi cleric, sometimes has lung cancer, sometimes doesn't. The switch is apparentely in the "on" position as of May 2009.

His health has deteriorated and he is back in hospital after a setback in his cancer treatment.

Some updates before I do a major update tomorrow (hopefully):

Vasily Aleksanyan - Very young (36) VP of Yukos oil, now under arrest. After much refusal from Russian authorities, was finally transferred to a hospital after going blind from metastatic cancer and AIDS.

Just underwent a medical examination, so it will be interesting to see the results...

Dick Dale - American surf rock guitarist and long-time cancer sufferer.

Apparently he's been touring since June... I'll probably take him off the list if no one objects.

Doug Fieger - lead singer of The Knack. Has just had brain surgery for two tumors, but they don't seem to being going away and the cancer is spreading. News of his illness was covered extensively in the UK. As of June 2008, the cancer is supposedly "in remission".

Recently appeared on an upcoming album, so might be another good one to take off.

Genaro Hernandez - Mexican-American boxer, suffering from a rare form of cancer and an inability to pay for all of his treatments. Nevertheless, his cancer is said to be in remission.

Apparently completely cured. Removed from the list.

Bif Naked - Canadian rocker, diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2008. Chemo seems to be working well, but she still had the disease as of December 2008.

Also cured, also removed.

Barry Penner - Canadian MP ill with a rare form of cancer. Prognosis unknown.

The general gist I get is that he's been pretty cured of his cancer over the past two years - unless there are objections, I'll remove him as well.

Karen Sinclair - Welsh Assembly MP, diagnosed with bone marrow cancer in May 2008.

Sounds like a long and tough treatment, but it seems that she's finally on the mend.

Peter Tork - Monkee. Diagnosed in March 2009 with a rare, but treatable, form of cancer.

Well he's still performing. Don't know if that means he's cured though.

Mick Cocks - Rose Tattoo guitarist, currently battling liver cancer.

Make that currently battling terminal liver cancer.

But will he get a UK obit? :rolleyes:

Mick Cocks - Rose Tattoo guitarist, currently battling liver cancer.

Make that currently battling terminal liver cancer.

But will he get a UK obit? :unsure:

Well you never know, but semi-famous Australians have a poor record of getting DDP-worthy obits... the fact that the terminal nature of his cancer was mentioned as a side-note to an article about the band, as opposed to its own article, adds to the worry.

Then again, what do I know? I've been sh*t at guessing who won't get obits this year. :rolleyes:

Marcus the sheep, this one could run and run, or end in abbatoir misery within days.

Marcus the sheep, this one could run and run, or end in abbatoir misery within days.

I'm with the headmistress. Kids have to know that all those animals in the fields are the same as the stuff in the plastic wrappers at the supermarket.

I'm with the headmistress. Kids have to know that all those animals in the fields are the same as the stuff in the plastic wrappers at the supermarket.

Well Im with the Sheep.

Death, and the knowledge that I will feed the hungry, would be highly preferable to spending the rest of my days with Paul O'Grady.

Lamb chopped.

Patrick Swayze - Famous actor, has pancreatic cancer. 'nuff said.

Patrick Swayze has died. :(

Romell Broom, he should've gone already but...........

The execution of a US inmate has been delayed by a week after officials could not find a usable vein during an attempt to give him a lethal injection.

A death penalty expert has said legal challenges could delay the Ohio inmate's return to the death chamber further.

Governor Ted Strickland issued a one-week reprieve to Romell Broom, 53, who spent more than two hours awaiting execution as technicians searched for a vein strong enough to deliver the three-drug lethal injection.

Richard Dieter, director of the non-profit Death Penalty Information Center, said he knows of only one inmate who was subjected to more than one execution. Willie Francis did not die after being electrocuted in Louisiana in 1964 and spent almost a further year on death row.

Dick Clark - Most definitely should be on the 2010 list.

Ethan Zohn - Will probably get a TV special for him and his girlfriend's tragic story.

Kelsey Grammer - Recent heart attack, very stressful life (family murdered)

Chris Woodhead - Former Chief Inspector of Schools who was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in 2006 - claims he'll off himself before he gets to the final stages.

Chris Woodhead talks about living with MND. He's still stating his intent to jump off a cliff or something before it all gets too much. If he's a man of his word, then I think he would be a great pick for the 2010 DL.

Gloria Stuart must be added to the list. She played 100 year-old Rose in 'Titanic'. She'll be 100 next year. I feel irony coming on..

I don't know whether he'd pass the "fame" test, but former American professional wrestler Steve "Doctor Death" Williams has been battling throat cancer for some time now, and things don't appear to be looking too good for him.

Karl Frenzel - Nazi convicted of war crimes, but released on health grounds. In 1985. Turns 98 this year.

Uh... or died in 1996. Oops. B)

Bei Shizhang prominent Chinese biologist, turns 106 today. I mean; he's got to know how improbable his longevity is, d'ya think he'd look at the odds and suggest himself for next year's list?