Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Guest VAR
Svetlana Stalin: Stalins Daughter

First of all, she never had this lastname and is commonly known as Svetlana Alliluyeva or Lana Peters. In recent decades she was rarely in focus of media and in 2008 there were some unproven reports that she died. Although she has been living a hard life she will turn just 84 in 2010 and she's unlikely to die as no reports of her terminal diseases or sort of it were revealed. So I find this nomination is short of arguments.

Guest Lost in Orbit

The American tabloid ET interviewed Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband concerning rumors she is near death. He denied the end is near, but admitted she's confined to a wheelchair and refuses to appear in public due to her appearance.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/11/81164/index.html

Zsa Zsa has to be a good shout. If she makes it into 2010. She loved being the centre of attention but now she has no reason for living. Time to go. Zsa Zsa in the sky with diamonds 2010.

Zsa Zsa has to be a good shout. If she makes it into 2010. She loved being the centre of attention but now she has no reason for living. Time to go. Zsa Zsa in the sky with diamonds 2010.

Honestly, Zsa Zsa Gabor is one celebrity I wouldn't mind seeing her exit. I honestly think it's time for her to go. She's worn out her welcome and honestly, she really has no reason to live. She's 92 years old, she's in very poor health, she obviously can't work, and having her continue to live is a waste of resources.

If I were to make a decision, I think she's be the perfect candidate for euthanasia. Seriously, why is she still alive? Her living is draining our medical resources and I think she's a drag.

I know it's a controversial, perhaps even morally tasteless stance, but I'm really not a big fan of her and I won't be sad to see her go.

Guest WEP
she obviously can't work, and having her continue to live is a waste of resources.

I thought, her job was "wife" and "topic of death list discussions"?

My point exactly! Have no Idea what so ever why she was not on this years list (She was probaly Number 51) also I think Muhamed Ali should be put back on the list if he makes it through 2009

I've got one problem with your reasoning.

Given that Zsa Zsa hasn't been in a big film for about 35/40 years and hasn't had any real media profile since slapping that traffic cop, why would she suddenly notice being out of the limelight now?

How about putting The Pope on the list you may never know

Been there, done that.

Is there any significant news of interest regarding this pope's health, or are you just pulling names out of a hat?

Guest EST. 1993

actually the pope did just break his wrist

actually the pope did just break his wrist

Oh no! How long are the doctors giving him? Are they taking him off life support??

Guest EST. 1993

No. An elderly person breaking their wrist leads to other more serious health problems.

No. An elderly person breaking their wrist leads to other more serious health problems.

Especially for the Pope. He won't be able to rid himself of a build up of toxic devil juice now.

Especially for the Pope. He won't be able to rid himself of a build up of toxic devil juice now.

This is the leader of the Catholic faith we're talking about here - he has plenty of choirboys to perform that task for him.

Bob Sheppard - Voice of the New York Yankees, whose health has been more off than on in 2008, now turning 99.

Bob Sheppard has announced that he is officially retiring from announcing at Yankee stadium, according to this article. The 99 year old Sheppard hasn't announced one game since 2007 and it seems even the "voice of god" can be silenced due to the limits of an aging body. Spring training 2010? :referee:

Anyway, things have been very quiet around here. Too quiet for me. I understand it Mr. G, but what can you do? Is this the end? Did you leave us as a friend or did you write on the walls? Maybe you were a friend with a box of crayons. But I'll keep refusing to accept that I may be in denial.

Anyway, things have been very quiet around here. Too quiet for me. I understand it Mr. G, but what can you do? Is this the end? Did you leave us as a friend or did you write on the walls? Maybe you were a friend with a box of crayons. But I'll keep refusing to accept that I may be in denial.

I think the lack of celebrity deaths (or rumors of celebrities being gravely ill or dying) have played a part. Seriously, the only major celebrity to have died in the last few months was Edward Woodward -- and even he didn't receive much media coverage in the United States! (though that's probably b/c he's much more well known in the UK than in the US -- in the US, he's probably best known for starring in the TV series The Equalizer back in the 1980s).

I also think that there hasn't been much news of celebrities being gravely ill lately. All the celebrities who were expected to die (Farrah Fawcett, Ted Kennedy, Patrick Swayze, etc.) have already died. I know Dennis Hopper is ill right now as is Maura Tierney, but are their illnesses terminal? I have those two as potential picks for 2010 -- I'm probably one of the very few out there that believes that somehow, Maura Tierney is not going to make it. Nothing against her, as I think she's a fine actress and will be happy to hear if she fully recovers, but I have this gut instinct that she's gonna be the next young tragic celebrity death. (Either her, or we will have a "shocking, unexpected" celebrity death in his/her 20s; potential picks include Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, and Pete Doherty.)

Things have grinded to a halt in the world of death pools. Alas, life goes on.

I think the lack of celebrity deaths (or rumors of celebrities being gravely ill or dying) have played a part. Seriously, the only major celebrity to have died in the last few months was Edward Woodward -- and even he didn't receive much media coverage in the United States! (though that's probably b/c he's much more well known in the UK than in the US -- in the US, he's probably best known for starring in the TV series The Equalizer back in the 1980s).

I also think that there hasn't been much news of celebrities being gravely ill lately. All the celebrities who were expected to die (Farrah Fawcett, Ted Kennedy, Patrick Swayze, etc.) have already died. I know Dennis Hopper is ill right now as is Maura Tierney, but are their illnesses terminal? I have those two as potential picks for 2010 -- I'm probably one of the very few out there that believes that somehow, Maura Tierney is not going to make it. Nothing against her, as I think she's a fine actress and will be happy to hear if she fully recovers, but I have this gut instinct that she's gonna be the next young tragic celebrity death. (Either her, or we will have a "shocking, unexpected" celebrity death in his/her 20s; potential picks include Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, and Pete Doherty.)

November is Deaths Vacation, It was like this last year aswell

November is Deaths Vacation, It was like this last year aswell

It's like a meeting of the minds isn't it? :referee:

Dont Worry I'm Sure Things will start up again in December, Last December we Lost Van Johnson, Bettie Page, Mark Felt, Majel Barret, Freddie Hubard, Eartha Kitt, Oddeta, Robert Mulligan, Tassos Papadopoulos, Sammy Baugh, Lansana Conté and Off course Harold Pinter and 2007 Went out with a bang in the form of Benziar Bhutto so this year would probaly do the same

Dont Worry I'm Sure Things will start up again in December, Last December we Lost Van Johnson, Bettie Page, Mark Felt, Majel Barret, Freddie Hubard, Eartha Kitt, Oddeta, Robert Mulligan, Tassos Papadopoulos, Sammy Baugh, Lansana Conté and Off course Harold Pinter and 2007 Went out with a bang in the form of Benziar Bhutto so this year would probaly do the same

November was a particularly bloody slow month for celebrity deaths. The only real notable celebrity to pass away in November was Edward Woodward -- but his death received virtually no media coverage in the US despite starring in a popular 80s TV series in the States (The Equalizer) and him having a starring role in the well known cult classic The Wicker Man.

Besides Woodward, the only other celebrity who died this past month that I'm familar with is Ken Ober. He was very popular in the late 80s, early 90s, particularly w/ the Gen X crowd b/c of his appearances on MTV's Remote Control (one of the most popular shows of that time for young people).

Expect things to pick up in December. There are tons of celebrities for death to choose from!

Dick Dale seems to be doing ok, I spoke with his bass player just a couple of weeks ago who assures me that they'll be touring fairly soon.

When will the finished 2010 list be published?

Everyone at work is itching to pick for our DeathStake!

Any clues???

Can someone tell me how to upload an avatar?

And I guess this is my finalized list of suggestions. Could I get some feedback?:

-Dick Clark (Born 1929)

An American TV Personality

Weakened by previous stroke

-Kelsey Grammer (Born 1955)

American Actor ('Cheers', 'Frasier', 'The Simpsons')

Troubled life, stress, several family members murdered on different occasions, recent heart attack

-David Hasselhoff (Born 1952)

American Actor ('Knight Rider', 'Baywatch')

Known for alcoholism

-Don Imus (Born 1940)

American Radio Host

Diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer in early 2009, stress of multiple lawsuits and controversies

-Andrew Lloyd Webber (Born 1948)

English Composer

Prostate Cancer

-Jenn Lyon (Born 1972)

'Survivor' Contestant

Stage 4 Breast Cancer

Can someone tell me how to upload an avatar?

Ha, a DeathList HOWTO question!

See point 6.

Edit to add: hmm, I see the software doesn't quite match the recipe. I'll have a look at it.

regards,

Hein