Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

Re the Christie adaptation, the writer has reponded to criticisms on Twitter with a barrage of abuse and foul language.

Not that I object to that sort of thing in its place, but it would be more mature (and interesting) if she explained her artistic choices.

I mainly stopped watching it because it was all shot in near-darkness and I could barely make out a bloody thing.

I persevered with ABC Murders and watched the whole thing.

This was almost like they had sat down and said "Well everyone knows the story, so WE will throw in THIS and give it equal weight and it WILL be good".

Now, I'd say a fairly intelligent child of 10 could have worked out the murderer at the close of episode 1. Because, like yer turkey on Christmas Day, it was presented on a plate. Regardless, I maintain the acting in this is some of the best I have seen on BBC drama in years.

Killing Eve I see due for S2 in April.

Never watched it but I know some of you did.

4 hours ago, msc said:

I think this come down to 2 things.

1. There are 3 topics DJL will reply to at length in most threads, but don't worry, Catholicism Scandals are due a comeback soon. :D

2. Most modern TV is shite so folk are mostly relying on the same old stuff. Or Netflix. Hence Who comes up a lot because beyond the geeks, randomers like LFN bring it up (because they fancy Jodie Whittaker).

Killing Eve was great, Trust was reasonably good, and I quite liked Richard Osman's House of Games thing. Three recommendations from the last 12 months = a golden age, practically. :lol:

Bah and humbug. Mind you, should have guessed when the writer apparently understood Ordeal better than Christie herself...

Never...…….much :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Dr Who I just don't like this series of preaching, educating, social commentating bollocks.

Whittaker has proved she can act but I am seriously disappointed that the writers did not harness that and take the whole thing forwards a tad.

She has characterised Who as somebody who could talk the tits off of a herd of cows and have people slashing their wrists because SHE WON'T STOP FUCKING TALKING!!!!!!

Wasted, she is.

PS: Killing Eve was brilliant and we have Line of Duty back and I can't wait for that.:)

We are watching the German TV series called: Das Boot. There are 8 episodes. It starts where the 1981 cult-film of the same name ends. It is showing on the Norwegian Station NRK, and can be watched online as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Re the Christie adaptation, the writer has reponded to criticisms on Twitter with a barrage of abuse and foul language.

Not that I object to that sort of thing in its place, but it would be more mature (and interesting) if she explained her artistic choices.

I mainly stopped watching it because it was all shot in near-darkness and I could barely make out a bloody thing.

How strange.

She is quoted on the BBCs own website, via an interview as welcoming criticism and alternative points of view , and that's not a quote of hers verbatim.

So she is a lying twat then.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are watching the German TV series called: Das Boot. There are 8 episodes. It starts where the 1981 cult-film of the same name ends. It is showing on the Norwegian Station NRK, and can be watched online as well. 

Been trying for links for this since it started and "fail".

Has made me download the film and original TV series again (still to watch again).

Jurgen Prochnow is 77 now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charon said:

Has made me download the film and original TV series again (still to watch again).

Google: Das Boot NRK and, at least in Norway, several videos of the TV series come up. They have only showed episodes 1 & 2 this week. Next week they will show episodes 3 & 4, Tuesday-Wednesday, etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charon said:

Bayern Munich wing back, wasn't he?:lol:

Luther on Beeb1.

At the beginning of the episodes viewers are advised that it contains scenes of ( extreme) violence.

So, why the fuck are utter fuck knuckles complaining??

Wankers!!

Is Alice back?

18 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Bayern Munich wing back, wasn't he?:lol:

You're thinking on a different Jurgen,  the Spurs / Bayern leg end Jurgen Klinsmann , now at White Hart Lane he was definitely associated with "Dive Dive, Dive"

1607ecb2e97f4e0817a5e78d95c84904.jpg

Perfect example, no cunt in the same postcode, yet penalty was awarded.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, msc said:

Is Alice back?

Yes!!

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes!!

Awesome! I'll give it a look later then.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

How strange.

She is quoted on the BBCs own website, via an interview as welcoming criticism and alternative points of view , and that's not a quote of hers verbatim.

So she is a lying twat then.

Couple of samples

Captur.JPG.b35c765548345558768dc89078730753.JPG

Captu.JPG

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Couple of samples

Captur.JPG.b35c765548345558768dc89078730753.JPG

Captu.JPG

Not just a lying twat then, she is a massive cunt too.

28 minutes ago, msc said:

Is Alice back?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, msc said:

Shocking, innit, that one of the most popular British TV shows of all time (which it is, tbf) gets mentioned a lot on a predominantly British forum.

Anyhow, started on Better Call Saul at last. 8 episodes in, far better than Breaking Bad. Probably because it focuses on Saul (Jimmy) and Mike, and has none of the annoying BB characters (most of the rest of them).

In short from above, Resolution was shit, Black Mirror is shit, and I haven't seen ABC Murders yet, but I'm worried it might be shit. Anyone see Agatha and The Truth of Murder, the Channel 5 thing? That was shit. Death on the Tyne was... actually that was so stupid it was mildly entertaining.

Was just about to mention that, it was awful not sure why I continued watching it. The ABC Murders was not good, but the acting was better than the Channel 5 thing, even if Malkovich's accent does get a bit Allo, Allo at times.

The only things I enjoyed over Christmas were the old M.R James adaptations,  The Dead Room , and Bob Monkhouse's Last Stand.  I also quite liked that BBC Christmas tapes thing. 

Ah, The Dead Room was OK, but Gatiss pretty much has one ghost story in him and told it again. Simon Callow was quite good though.

And the 1970s Lost Hearts (repeated after) is a TV classic. Directed by my theme team pick Lawrence Gordon Clark (90 this year).

• Like 1

Lost Hearts had lost none of its creepy scariness. 

17 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Google: Das Boot NRK and, at least in Norway, several videos of the TV series come up. They have only showed episodes 1 & 2 this week. Next week they will show episodes 3 & 4, Tuesday-Wednesday, etc. 

Checked again and links now there on my various apps, downloading now but may need to check language/subtitles etc .

8th and last episode was aired 14/12/18 and available so 'yippieee'

• Like 1

Currently got Netflix so catching up on a few things.

Line Of Duty - utterly compulsive.  Binged the lot, and although I didn't enjoy S4 as much, I'm looking forward to S5.

Happy Valley - gave up after three episodes.   Fargo* without the black humour.   Disappointed as it had rave reviews, but it misfired for me.

Haunting of Hill House - gave up on this too.  They turned the story into a family drama and all the women look identical.  Of course they are all flawlessly beautiful. After five episodes I found I didn't give a shit about any of them.  It was like the bloody Kardashians.

I tried True Detective as everyone raves about S1, but it was a slow start and I struggled with the accents.  The major drawback of Now TV is the lack of subtitles. 

I'm not hard of hearing but so many actors mumble incoherently, so I tend to use subtitles most of the time now in case I miss something.  There's often something on the subtitles that's been totally inaudible.

* the film.  Need to try the series.

Netflixery:

Better Call Saul - Much better than Breaking Bad, as it kept the interesting characters (basically, Saul and Mike) and got rid of everyone else.

Gotham  - Sometimes good, sometimes awful. The chap playing The Penguin is quite good.

I saw one series of Happy Valley before it became just too grim for my liking.

Currently getting my way through the new Luther. Still think the show ended perfectly on Series 3 finale, and has been treading water since tbh.

• Like 1

True Detective S2 was shite, but S3 is here, with good reviews.

Das Boot is good, with Better Call Saul and GoT alumni as Nazis.

latest?cb=20180906111115

jaqen_h'ghar_2x8_1.png

I tried to view this, but got this intriguing message  :lol:

Error 503 No healthy backends

13 minutes ago, charon said:

jaqen_h'ghar_2x8_1.png

• Haha 1