weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

many happy returns! :birthday::birthday2: :birthday2: :birthday2:

Hmm, something something Ronald Reagan/Alzheimer's/memory returns/gets same present each year.

Tonight is another Republican primary debate, this time the traditional Ronald Reagan library debate. The procedure is such that Nancy Reagan 'invites' the candidates to the debate (which she did) and appears in the auditorium. Let's see if she does tonight...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

She's turned up at tonights debate and word is she's looking good ! Looks like she'll make her mothers age of 99 or even exceed it !

Guest Guest

update- turns out they made a mistake. the woman they thought was Nancy Reagan was someone else. whether the real Nancy turns up or not we'll have to wait and see...

Guest Guest

It looks like the real Nancy Reagan didn't turn up last night..Probably best that she didn't. If she was forced to sit through that 3 hour borefest it would probably have killed her .It nearly killed me :(

Far as the 2016 election goes, how interesting it proves to be will depend a lot on what happens woth Trump, I think. No doubt he'll run an Indie bid if he feels he's somehow screwed out of the Rep nomination, and there seems to be lots of schemes afloat to see that he does not get-same regardless of popularity, or whatever votes he ends up getting. That debate on the 15th should prove worht the wait, and might knock one more of the lowest-polling ones out before the actual process gets underway.

On Nancy Reagan, well, if there was true justice, when she expires,( whenever that is), she would be buried underneath the entrance/exit of the "herr" Reagan presidential Library in California, and "Ronnie" himself re-buried right beside her so all would have to trample on them, coming and going, if you will. Reagan was not universally loved by all in the US by any means. That is one hell of a fancy final resting place for the old buzzard, I have to grant (for those who haven't seen photos of it).

Guest Guest

Far as the 2016 election goes, how interesting it proves to be will depend a lot on what happens woth Trump, I think. No doubt he'll run an Indie bid if he feels he's somehow screwed out of the Rep nomination, and there seems to be lots of schemes afloat to see that he does not get-same regardless of popularity, or whatever votes he ends up getting. That debate on the 15th should prove worht the wait, and might knock one more of the lowest-polling ones out before the actual process gets underway.

On Nancy Reagan, well, if there was true justice, when she expires,( whenever that is), she would be buried underneath the entrance/exit of the "herr" Reagan presidential Library in California, and "Ronnie" himself re-buried right beside her so all would have to trample on them, coming and going, if you will. Reagan was not universally loved by all in the US by any means. That is one hell of a fancy final resting place for the old buzzard, I have to grant (for those who haven't seen photos of it).

if Trump wins she'll shoot herself along with half the population of America

if Trump wins she'll shoot herself along with half the population of America

shooting themselves would make a refreshing change from shooting school children

• Like 4

Guest Droosy

She´s looking very frail! I don´t think she will survive this winter

She´s looking very frail! I don´t think she will survive this winter

Sure she will, the cost of home heating oil is down.

SC

Nancy Reagan has now surpassed the lifespan of Lady Bird Johnson and she is now the second former first lady

to have lived longer than any former President after Bess Truman.

Guest Guest

Nancy Reagan has now surpassed the lifespan of Lady Bird Johnson and she is now the second former first lady

she just has to last till march 11, 2019 to beat Bess Truman and become the longest lived first lady ever. Who thinks she'll make it?

she just has to last till march 11, 2019 to beat Bess Truman and become the longest lived first lady ever. Who thinks she'll make it?
Heck no. I doubt she'll be alive a year from now, let alone three.
  • Like 1

and here we were thinking Hilary was going to be the first female president.....

• Like 1

Heck no. I doubt she'll be alive a year from now, let alone three.

You say that but at the 2012 presidential election I was suggesting that Nancy could die to swing some sympathy votes for Mitt Romney and here we are just starting the cycle again.

someone is surely going to die in the lead up to election.

George Bush snr

Jimmy Carter

Nancy Reagan

who else is out there and tettering on the brink

• Like 1

George Bush snr

Jimmy Carter

Nancy Reagan

Bob Dole

Henry Kissenger

Walter Mondale

George P Schultz

Barbara Bush

• Like 3

George Bush snr

Jimmy Carter

Nancy Reagan

Bob Dole

Henry Kissenger

Walter Mondale

George P Schultz

Barbara Bush

Dick Cheney?

George Bush snr

Jimmy Carter

Nancy Reagan

Ooh, I haven't had a good tetter in ages. But back on topic the only thing that is likely to revive Jed Bush's campaign is if Bush Snr or even W kick the bucket (or maybe both - but it would have to be of natural causes, any hint of ISIS involvement would play right into Trump's hands).

If u have to deal with a president Cruz or Trump, good luck with that, "mates."