Monoclinic

The Jane Goodie Sweepstake

It's looking good for today!

I would say between today and tomorrow.

You could be right

The bitch had better hang on for at least another 12 hours.

Is there a prize for the sweepstake winner? A year's subscription to OK magazine maybe?

Is there a prize for the sweepstake winner? A year's subscription to OK magazine maybe?

Jack Tweeds golf clubs?

Prize? The winner can simply boast in their signature at being the 'Goody Sweepstake Winner 2009'. :unsure:

Sweepstake 2010 is already taking some form...

On the other hand Jade is I think the first reality star to suffer a gruesome death (some might hope first of many).

Not many; all.

Hopefully the cancer that is "reality" TV will also go the same way.

Sadly it won't go away while accountants run television. Quick, cheap and easy to make, 'reality TV' will be around for a while yet.

It is not accountants that are the problem. Usually they are just pointing out the obvious, that a business that spends more money than it makes will go bankrupt. That's a bit like blaming your bank manager for the fact you have an overdraft.

The problem is that the "creative" people are not doing their jobs properly. If they created quality content that people wanted to watch, then there wouldn't be a problem. As it is, people prefer watching reality TV than poor quality drama etc, and to the shame of the "creative" elite they take this easy copout and churn it out ad infinitum.

Are you really trying to say budget isn't a consideration in television production? Bollocks it isn't. Quality of TV drama is dictated by budget, money buys good writers, actors and crews. 'Reality' is done for a fraction of the cost and most shamefully, rates its socks off.

I think that the ultimate fault for the hideously poor TV fare is the poor taste of the audience. If they refused to watch the tripe that passes for entertainment the accountants would certainly approve more money. I also believe that there are plenty of sufficiently creative people out there who could produce some quality shows if anyone was interested in watching them.

I don't think we've ever been able to track someone's demise as closely as this.

Prize? The winner can simply boast in their signature at being the 'Goody Sweepstake Winner 2009'. :unsure:

Sweepstake 2010 is already taking some form...

Some people just can't help trying to keep up with the Joneses

I don't think we've ever been able to track someone's demise as closely as this.

It's boring..

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the Pope came close, but even then we didn't get the daily updates. If only he had called Max Clifford ..

She'd better hang on another week as far as I'm concerned. Mother's Day would be so fitting.

And speaking of mothers in the public eye - funny how Jade can get so much sympathy and yet Britain's former favourite mum (who goes to Iceland) is getting so much bile and hatred slung towards her. They're both as vile as each other.

She has 'hours' according to the NOTW today, though that may be hysteria from the Sundays knowing they have no further chance of covering her alive.

Either way, my punt on a week on Tuesday may well land me the date of the funeral.

She'd better hang on another week as far as I'm concerned. Mother's Day would be so fitting.

And speaking of mothers in the public eye - funny how Jade can get so much sympathy and yet Britain's former favourite mum (who goes to Iceland) is getting so much bile and hatred slung towards her. They're both as vile as each other.

We'd all love Kerry if she had cancer

I wouldn't. I could always take or leave Jade Goody, never thought much about her either way, but Kerry is relatively local to where I grew up and she's a constant embarrassment to all working class northern girls like myself who aren't like that. I wouldn't wish cancer on her, but if she got it I'd just think "How appropriate."

I wouldn't. I could always take or leave Jade Goody, never thought much about her either way, but Kerry is relatively local to where I grew up and she's a constant embarrassment to all working class northern girls like myself who aren't like that. I wouldn't wish cancer on her, but if she got it I'd just think "How appropriate."

Hopefully now that she has left that scumbag sponger she will beat her demons..not like I'm a fan of hers youu must understand..

I'm quite sure that the only thing that can prevent my victory is the next one and a half hours.

Given the news reports, I can't see her living into Tuesday. But then I do have a tendency to misjudge things...

Replace the name Kerry with the word if and...

I'm quite sure that the only thing that can prevent my victory is the next one and a half hours.

*points* Ha ha ha. Let's all laugh at Windsor :rolleyes:

Next Sunday - Mother's Day, I'm telling ya. Jade's the People's New Princess of Hearts...

I am gutted! I thought I had it :banghead:

There's life in the old minger yet :rolleyes:

I wonder what the coverage will be like when she dies. Will they interrupt programs, or will it just be shown on the news? And will the news lead with her death or will it be the second story? What do you guys think?

It should be a "And finally ....." item.

I wonder what the coverage will be like when she dies. Will they interrupt programs, or will it just be shown on the news? And will the news lead with her death or will it be the second story? What do you guys think?

ITN NEWS AT TEN

BIG BEN: Ding dong

TREVOR MCDONALD: The bitch is dead

Perhaps?