Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Can you believe it has been twenty years since Senna died? Here is an ABC tribute to him: http://www.abc.net.a...ears-on/5420966

No I can't. Because it isn't 20 years yet. He died on the 1 May in Italy and it's still April 30th here in Western/Central Europe. So there! :referee::glare::lol:

• Like 1

David Brabham - team mate of Roland Ratzenberger - has used the 20th anniversary to suggest Ratzenberger should get a small memorial at Imola too. He HAS been dead 20 years already, just.

• Like 1

But was it an accident............?

*sinister background music*

Speaking of F1 deaths the party line on some reports this week has been that F1 has been spared notable deaths since Senna, in other words they've gone the other way to Wikipedia and discounted Maria de Vilotta

Speaking of F1 deaths the party line on some reports this week has been that F1 has been spared notable deaths since Senna, in other words they've gone the other way to Wikipedia and discounted Maria de Vilotta

"What about the wimmin?" Coming soon to an Independent editorial near you...

Or they just forgot about her completely. Like a bunch of thickies.

If that's the case, then he was bloody inconsiderate in death. To cause a truck driver to suffer the trauma and grief plus the emergency workers the aggro of having to clear his mashed body from the road. Then there's the wrecked morning commute of thousands of decent workers.

Sorry, but the guy shit on Ferrari, and McLaren got a shafting $100 million fine for his "help".

I've no sympathy for him.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Pease

Al Pease, the only ever driver in the history of F1 to be black-flagged for being too slow (which happened at the 1969 Canadian Grand Prix), has died aged 92.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Pease

Al Pease, the only ever driver in the history of F1 to be black-flagged for being too slow (which happened at the 1969 Canadian Grand Prix), has died aged 92.

Took his time dying too, then.

• Like 1

He was gonna be on my list next year. To be fair to him I think he had a problem with his gearbox or something but it's still pretty ignominious. Although on the flipside I guess it's his fault for vainly insisting on trying to complete the race distance when most would have packed up - IIRC he was something like 20 laps behind and all the frontrunners were annoyed cos they had to swerve to avoid his snail arse.

Okay, it's Wikipedia...but let's be fair to Pease: "Despite the brief duration of his Formula One career, Pease was highly successful in domestic Canadian motor sport competitions, and was inducted as a member of the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame in 1998."

Wow. When I saw it was you who had bumped this thread DJL I just had a feeling it might be this.

RIP. Great champion but way before my time. Was still winning GPs in 1970 at the age of 44 if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

That's sad. Not unexpected but he's a giant of the sport. Will be missed

• Like 2

Wow. When I saw it was you who had bumped this thread DJL I just had a feeling it might be this.

Yep, you don't find me in this thread too often otherwise. (Not really a motorsport fan apart from having a love of the WRC.)

Pity Brabham wasn't on the list for this year. He was nominated. :banghead:

I'm kicking myself for leaving him off one of my lists for this year.

Just latching onto this news circa 04:30 hours news at the start of the week, and look who's just gone... No one other than Black Jack. Made lots of good starts and in the week prior to the Monaco Grand Prix I'm sure so many tributes and long tails will be told during the next week.

Another hit with Jack Brabham rounding out a trifecta of Aussie sporting legends...or will it continue?