Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Also, if you say a "wrecked" Brabham that was driven by de Angelis, surely you have to narrow it down a bit?

Suspect you're thinking of Andrea de Cesaris. Elio de Angelis, generally, was a careful, smooth and fast driver - Andrea, bar 1991, none of the three.

• Like 2

Also, if you say a "wrecked" Brabham that was driven by de Angelis, surely you have to narrow it down a bit?

Suspect you're thinking of Andrea de Cesaris. Elio de Angelis, generally, was a careful, smooth and fast driver - Andrea, bar 1991, none of the three.

Haha! Yeah I was. Fuck....whoops....... Yeah yeah I know who they both are/were.........

(remember de Cesaris has many mentions on here, especially since he's one of only 2 survivors from the 1987 list, that's most likely why I did that.....)

btw, de Cesaris lest we forget had a very disastrous 1986 but not in a lethal way - only one race finish in the entire season, the rest DNFs except a DNQ at Monaco!

Bernie Ecclestone still has Elio deAngelis' wrecked Brabham BT55 locked away in a large plywood crate in a corner of his car collection garage. Never been seen or touched for the last 28 years.

David Purley's smashed LEC chassis from his 28G impact with the Silverstone track side banking can be seen in the Donington collection.

No point in putting most fatally crashed cars back together due to the prohibitive cost, more so than showing respect to the dead driver.

Just found that Rindt's Lotus 72 still survives in its same wrecked state from Monza 1970.

Baffling. I remember reading that when the Italian authorities finally returned Senna's Williams to er... Williams many years later, it was in a "severely deteriorated state" and it was destroyed by Williams immediately (obviously you can imagine them wanting to destroy it straight away, I would). I have to wonder if some of the deterioration was possibly caused/increased by the blood, Senna lost tons of it.

I wonder what the Rindt wreck must be like now. I mean, has someone smeared it with the car equivalent of enbalming fluid or what?

Most of the blood Senna lost stayed in his helmet and he didn't lose that much in the first place, did he? Not compared to Rindt or Tom Pryce, who's gore-splattered remains were photographed and appear online here and there.

Eoin Young, 75, esteemed motor racing journalist, is very poorly right now, after years of ill health, and in truth, hard living. There's every chance that he won't see 2015, or possibly not even August, but if he does make January, regrettably, I can't see him being alive for much longer.

He'll see August, but probably not September...

From Allan Dick of Autonews NZ.......

THE FINAL LAP

Not such good news about Eoin S Young I am sorry. He was admitted to hospital on Monday and today is being transferred to St Winifreds which is likely to be for final care.

I went to Christchurch last Friday for lunch at his home with he and Tony Haycock and it was painfully obvious that he was fast approaching his final lap

Nasty fatal crash yesterday in a historic race at Silverstone.

No film of that but prior to it happening a driver had a bad crash at Abbey. To me it looked like a suspension failure.

Posted on YouTube so if you must...

This isn't the fatal crash. See the description. They are 1970s F1 cars, by the looks. The driver died in an older car as the picture posted suggests

Yeah, Telegraph might. Possibly Eurosport too

He had a serious snowmobile accident in 2008 too, as well as another one last year

Yeah, Telegraph might. Possibly Eurosport too

He had a serious snowmobile accident in 2008 too, as well as another one last year

For the more permissive/we want 'em dead considerations of Deathrace scoring he'd be a shoo in on the back of the guaranteed online reports from Canadian press sources.

Yeah, probably US too as he is an IndyCar race winner

Tony Stewart killed another racer named Kevin Ward Jr in a dirt track race Saturday

Just spotted on interview on BBC News with Bernie Ecclesfone. He looked dreadful, but knowing that deceptive pillock it could have been an act.

Just spotted on interview on BBC News with Bernie Ecclesfone. He looked dreadful, but knowing that deceptive pillock it could have been an act.

Video here

He's really beginning to look and sound a bit demented, maybe it was a lack of sleep or something... but IMO he's been sounding even more of an old weirdo than he ever did in recent months/weeks.

First time I've seen him look as old as he is. Wonder if the court case has finally taken it out of him. Wouldn't be surprised if the bluff here is saying he's going to carry on - preparing the way for an announcement to be made in the next few weeks saying he's stepping down or something

http://www.theguardi...manx-grand-prix

Motorcyclists Stephen McIlvenna and Tim Moorhead killed in separate incidents at the Manx Grand Prix.

The second of those was a university law lecturer and his death made local headlines in Kent.

Notable as the first official World Rally Champion in 1979, and only the third to die overall after McRae and Burns. Another rallying star to die - we're at that point where lots from the 70s and 80s are dying now

Notable as the first official World Rally Champion in 1979, and only the third to die overall after McRae and Burns. Another rallying star to die - we're at that point where lots from the 70s and 80s are dying now

Then again, his death does pump the average age on death of former World Rally Champions up a notch.

Guest Guest

Eoin Young has died

"Contrary to certain website reports, Eoin Young is still with us. A report from NZ 20 minutes ago reports he remains in Intensive Care."

John Crossle at 82.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/john-crossle-ulster-racing-car-designer-who-created-legendary-marque-out-of-sheer-necessity-dies-at-82-30553392.html

A Scot who moved to Rory McIlroys hometwen, and souped up Fords for decades.

To put it lightly.

Guest Guest

Confirmed dead by Bruce McLaren's daughter on FB

Barry Sheene would have been 64 yesterday. Can't recall what caused his early demise, was it cancer or is there any truth in the rumours about him swallowing a magnet and kicking himself to death?

• Like 1