Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland/27478727

British Superbike rider Simon Andrews has died following a crash at the Northwest 200 - pretty gutted about this one.

Aye, the road racing season is barely underway and he's the second fatality.

• Like 1

I saw the YouTube of it yesterday, but it is only when it was blown up as a gif you really see how bad it was. Fuckin idiots. The lot of them

M6fdZ3Z.gif

• Sad 1

I saw the YouTube of it yesterday, but it is only when it was blown up as a gif you really see how bad it was. Fuckin idiots. The lot of them

Fuckin' hell. He almost showed up on air traffic control.

He stuck his nose faithfully to the white line as if he was Robbie Fowler.

Stupid stupid people go on motorbikes. Even stupider people go fast on them.

edit ? Hyperlink on 2nd people to .ru site?? edit 2 gone now.?

• Like 1

"Wendy, I can fly!"

The TT and Northern Ireland are the only places you still see the really crude safety and the diddy jacketed guys stood next to basic guardrails. If you see photographs of motorbike races in the 1960s, those arrangements are everywhere. This accident, is, pretty grim. I found half a dozen watches back to back perfectly adequate.

That's a pretty massive generalisation.

No it is not.

• Like 1

No it is not.

I know many motorcyclists who are by far safer drivers than those who drive cars.

• Like 1

I know many motorcyclists who are by far safer drivers than those who drive cars.

Inundated with the cunts just now. Ugly long haired, broken nosed, covered in tats and stinking of petunia. And the blokes are worse.

Cuntos see single track roads and let rip. Deserve everything they get, and it is a joy to see them cruise up in the mirrors and ''edge'' out. Single files in groups of 20 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

edit ? Hyperlink on 2nd people to .ru site?? edit 2 gone now.?

Hyperlink back again.

Not in the quote though.

Edit again :) , was a compromised Chrome plug in at my end, sorted.

Stands to reason through, with only two tyres, if something goes wrong it's much more likely that it's going to hurt.

Therefore I'm quite sure motorbikers have too many loose screws...

"Wendy, I can fly!"

I must say, the clip was unintentionally comic, like some sort of slapstick gag!

Fuck me. Just looked at the TT stats............

Riders alone fatalities (not inc spectators, officials etc) in the last 30 years = 110.

Folks, DL convention venue found.

• Like 1

Fuck me. Just looked at the TT stats............

Riders alone fatalities (not inc spectators, officials etc) in the last 30 years = 110.

Folks, DL convention venue found.

Less easy to locate but I once saw some equally grim stats on life changing road race injuries in the TT and Ulster road races. Doubtless the makers of wheelchairs and zimmer frames are well represented in the hospitality areas at those events.

Funny how we were sitting there, fairly reverentially mourning Brabham and now we're making fun of this fucker.

It begs the question, would Ayrton Senna be as revered as he is among F1 fans if he had died in such a clearly visibly comical manner (which obviously, I know is harder to do sitting in a car than flying off a bike). I think the answer is quite possibly no.

I mean imagine if..... (don't read this if you don't want an extremely silly theory about Ayrton Senna floating around in your head and prefer to remain entirely reverential of him and the events of that day in 1994):

His head had been somehow knocked off by some debris or by the force of the impact, while still inside its helmet, and flew into the middle of the track, and was hit by a rival car going at full-whack (200MPH in an F1 car) and it came loose out of the helmet and flew 1000 feet through the air live on camera, completely out of the bounds of the race track and landed right in the middle of a huge prawn salad that the Mayor of Imola was about to tuck into while sitting at the table outside a nice restaurant live on some silly Sunday afternoon show on another Italian TV channel.

I think the answer then would be an even bigger no.

It's more a music topic post but Jim Nabors is best known for his annual rendition of Back Home Again In Indiana at the Brickyard. This year he won't be there again in person since he is due some heart operation. Instead they will be showing a special tape recording and I guess it may well be his final fairwell, so the speedway have it in the can ready to be rolled out from here on in case he does not make it back in person ever again.

Nabors to retire his Indy 500 act.

• Like 2

Hot Tip: Maria Teresa de Filippis, the first female F1 driver is, according to sources, "not at all well". No link, you will have to take insider knowledge for whatever it is worth and whatever "not well" specifically means

'ows Schumacher?

Hot Tip: Maria Teresa de Filippis, the first female F1 driver is, according to sources, "not at all well". No link, you will have to take insider knowledge for whatever it is worth and whatever "not well" specifically means

Cheers OoO, and whilst we're on the subject of venerable speed merchants, how's the irrepressable Norman Dewis?

Kimi Raikkonnen nearly got himself twatted by a Red Bull in Monaco

Link: http://cars.aol.co.u.../?ncid=webmail2

Surely it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or worse in that barmy Monaco pitlane with them all bunched together like that.

Not surprised to see it's Kimi Raikkonen either, it's like he's been struck with a chronic case of narcolepsy ever since he won his world title.

Surely it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or worse in that barmy Monaco pitlane with them all bunched together like that.

Not surprised to see it's Kimi Raikkonen either, it's like he's been struck with a chronic case of narcolepsy ever since he won his world title.

If his lawyers post here then I would stress this is an opinion, not a diagnosis, but surely that truculent robot - who isn't narcoleptic and drove the tyres of a half-decent car at Renault - is somewhere within the autism spectrum. That frank confession to a journalist that he'd missed a briefing because he was "having a shit" being solid evidence for my case.

If his lawyers post here then I would stress this is an opinion, not a diagnosis, but surely that truculent robot - who isn't narcoleptic and drove the tyres of a half-decent car at Renault - is somewhere within the autism spectrum. That frank confession to a journalist that he'd missed a briefing because he was "having a shit" being solid evidence for my case.

Wow. Yeah I'd honestly never thought of it that way. He used to be my favourite F1 driver back in the days when I followed it and I knew like many others how "odd" and different he was, but that never occurred to me for a second.

Maybe he just genuinely doesn't give a shit? I honestly don't give a shit whether most people are or aren't autistic anyway, unless they're like, y'know... Rain Man, then it's impossible not to think about it.

Cheers OoO, and whilst we're on the subject of venerable speed merchants, how's the irrepressable Norman Dewis?

Incredibly well. Just flown to the US again and looked very well last time I saw him in March.