Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Hot Tip: Maria Teresa de Filippis, the first female F1 driver is, according to sources, "not at all well". No link, you will have to take insider knowledge for whatever it is worth and whatever "not well" specifically means

Cheers OoO, and whilst we're on the subject of venerable speed merchants, how's the irrepressable Norman Dewis?

Incredibly well. Just flown to the US again and looked very well last time I saw him in March.

Cheers, I'll avoid picking him for anything, then.

• Like 1

Guest D Lemon

Everyone got out alive at the Indy 500 today

There is always next year

Hope you go next year, and jump off the pagoda you trolling amoeba.

I know many motorcyclists who are by far safer drivers than those who drive cars.

Inundated with the cunts just now. Ugly long haired, broken nosed, covered in tats and stinking of petunia. And the blokes are worse.

Cuntos see single track roads and let rip. Deserve everything they get, and it is a joy to see them cruise up in the mirrors and ''edge'' out. Single files in groups of 20 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't think ugly, long haired, broken nosed, tattooed cuntos would stink of petunia. Patchouli, maybe.

• Like 2

I know many motorcyclists who are by far safer drivers than those who drive cars.

Inundated with the cunts just now. Ugly long haired, broken nosed, covered in tats and stinking of petunia. And the blokes are worse.

Cuntos see single track roads and let rip. Deserve everything they get, and it is a joy to see them cruise up in the mirrors and ''edge'' out. Single files in groups of 20 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't think ugly, long haired, broken nosed, tattooed cuntos would stink of petunia. Patchouli, maybe.

Ugly, long haired, broken nosed, tattooed cunto stinking of petunia type post imo.....coffee3.gif

Ugly, long haired, broken nosed, tattooed cunto stinking of petunia type post imo.....coffee3.gif

You are very wrong. I've never broken my nose.

• Like 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-27651504

sherlockzk0.gif

Rally cancelled after 'serious crash'

_49380572_bn-304x171.gif

The Jim Clark Rally in the Scottish Borders has been cancelled with immediate effect, Police Scotland have said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-27651504

sherlockzk0.gif

Rally cancelled after 'serious crash'

_49380572_bn-304x171.gif

The Jim Clark Rally in the Scottish Borders has been cancelled with immediate effect, Police Scotland have said.

Feeling pretty stunned at this news. I usually go and stay with friends to watch the rally as it goes right past their house, I couldn't attend this year but had hoped to wander down to Kelso Town Square this evening to see the podium finish.It's usually a really good event and well marshalled, the safety precautions in place are normally excellent, I hate to think what went wrong. The speed these cars go at is incredible and I would imagine that anyone in the direct line had no chance. There has been a great buzz about the town the last few days, lots of rally cars and support vehicles around and people just enjoying themselves, tonight there is a very subdued feeling and the town is empty. So very sad :-(

Yeah I think I remember hearing his name actually.

See you back here again tomorrow for the next one.

• Like 1

'The culling of The herd' is the TT........

Be bad taste to have a DLCon at the TT one year, eh?

• Like 1

I'd be up for it.

I'd be up for it.

As a matter of interest, how many Manx residents have strong misgivings about the safety aspects and regular slaughter of the annual TT?

Since it attracts all sorts from all over the world, why don't they call it the Tourist International Trophy instead?

And another...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...of-man-27684730

This guy, Karl Harris, has had some spills down the years. Just watched two major ones on YouTube that he was very lucky to survive.

My betrothed once bumped into him in the paddock at Thruxton before a superbike race, he wished him good luck in the race, and in response Harris threw him a filthy look and flipped him the bird. So even though it is a shame he died, we think he was an asshole.

Late last night the Micheal Schumacher thread on Autosport was "closed" with the following posting...

"This thread is for news about Michael Schumacher's medical condition, to follow his recovery, and for people to wish well etc.

It's quite sad that it has become sidetracked because someone wanted to vent about something.

If someone has some news - genuine news about Schumacher's recovery or condition - please PM one of us and this thread can be reopened."

In truth, few people understand what, if any, recovery is happening but for sure the curtains are well drawn.

RA, I take it you saw Dr. Gary Hartstein posted another pessimistic blog about it last week. I couldn't be arsed to post it here.

For those who didn't see, he said if Schumacher had actually made any progress they would have told us, and basically told Schumi fans to prepare for the worst.

I did. Six months in a coma. Now twice as likely to die in the next six months than stay in a vegetive state let alone make any meaningful recovery. Very sad that Rik Mayall died today. He suffered a five day coma drama and in truth was never quite the same after it.

So many people need medical care all round the world, but I ask, why expend this level of support on one person who on the face of it has no meaningful chance of recovery or any benefit from what appears to be a slim minimal life struggling even for a breath?.

I did. Six months in a coma. Now twice as likely to die in the next six months than stay in a vegetive state let alone make any meaningful recovery. Very sad that Rik Mayall died today. He suffered a five day coma drama and in truth was never quite the same after it.

So many people need medical care all round the world, but I ask, why expend this level of support on one person who on the face of it has no meaningful chance of recovery or any benefit from what appears to be a slim minimal life struggling even for a breath?.

Yeah....... I was asking myself that long before the six month mark. But hey obviously his family doesn't see it that way.......

RA, I take it you saw Dr. Gary Hartstein posted another pessimistic blog about it last week. I couldn't be arsed to post it here.

For those who didn't see, he said if Schumacher had actually made any progress they would have told us, and basically told Schumi fans to prepare for the worst.

He also subsequently posted that he wouldn't be posting any more about Schumacher.

This rumour really should be in crashing companies, but I'll stick it in hear for the hell of it.

Lots of tweets flying about that Tony Fernandez has pulled the plug on the Caterham F1 team and they currently won't be going to the Austrian GP in 8 days time.

Silly price tag on the team is said to be 350 million of some major currency. Offer him that in Yen and I don't think he would refuse!

This rumour really should be in crashing companies, but I'll stick it in hear for the hell of it.

Lots of tweets flying about that Tony Fernandez has pulled the plug on the Caterham F1 team and they currently won't be going to the Austrian GP in 8 days time.

Silly price tag on the team is said to be 350 million of some major currency. Offer him that in Yen and I don't think he would refuse!

How many teams would that reduce F1 to? 10? (Soz I reallllly can't be bothered to look on Wikipedia)

I think I saw rumours at the beginning of the season that more than one team could possibly go bust before the year is out. And there's also been word in recent years that Ecclestone himself is or was propping up some of the teams(!).