Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Charles Hardy, who founded an automobile dealership in Dallas, Georgia, in 1978, and whose holdings now include Hardy Chevrolet in Gainesville, has died. Hardy was also involved with NASCAR as a team owner, at one time with former NASCAR champion Bill Elliott. Hardy, who was 82, died Tuesday at his Hiram, Georgia, home.

SC

http://accesswdun.com/article/2016/9/440539/north-ga-businessman-former-nascar-team-co-owner-dies

He will be with a Qualifying Obit!

He will be with a Qualifying Obit!

DNQ

• Like 4

Well it's interesting. You give up on these folks and they come through and someone you keep hearing about stays on. I guess we hadnt heard from Mr A-Z since Spring, and I've seen others get hits like that this year outta the blue. I reckon this day and age of social media we don't hear from them or a representative we can start assuming the worst. Diski was like that. Anyway, I was thinking I was done this year so an Autumnal hit is welcome. Thanks for the update Y-Dub!

SC

Edit: well maybe I can hope for a top 20 DDP finish, still 11 weeks to go though.

Well, you have Huston Smith too - if a 97 year old lasts into 2017 after 16 months in hospice care, it'll be an impressive feat.

Sir Frank Williams has contracted pneumonia. His daughter and the principal of the WilliamsF1 Team, Claire Williams, is not in Mexico for the race this weekend.

• Like 1

Sir Frank Williams has contracted pneumonia. His daughter and the principal of the WilliamsF1 Team, Claire Williams, is not in Mexico for the race this weekend.

He never makes a move without her!

Former McLaren team doctor and a mentor of Lewis Hamilton, Aki Hintsa, is suffering from abdominal cancer.

Despite being discussed on here quite a bit, a mixture of "seems to be doing better" and "will he QO?" saw nobody plump for HIntsa on the DDP. Could be a gamechanging error, because he's dead at 58.

EAF1Lst.png

I assume he was the first one.

Would have been interesting if he'd been both, eh?

• Like 1

Former McLaren team doctor and a mentor of Lewis Hamilton, Aki Hintsa, is suffering from abdominal cancer.

Despite being discussed on here quite a bit, a mixture of "seems to be doing better" and "will he QO?" saw nobody plump for HIntsa on the DDP. Could be a gamechanging error, because he's dead at 58.

Ian St John and Rick Davies will be shitting themselves then, the only cancer sufferers axed from my 2016 DDP shortlist still alive now.

It's weird to think that if I'd run my "reserves" as a team they'd be in the top 15 right now.

Ian St John and Rick Davies will be shitting themselves then, the only cancer sufferers axed from my 2016 DDP shortlist still alive now.

It's weird to think that if I'd run my "reserves" as a team they'd be in the top 15 right now.

You did have him on your Hartlepool Deadpool though, msc, didn't you?

You did have him on your Hartlepool Deadpool though, msc, didn't you?

Yes.

• Like 1

1981 Formula One WDC runner-up Carlos Reutemann is recovering after a surgery. He suffers from an unspecified biliary condition.

Biliary? That something that runs in the Clinton bloodline?

• Like 1