Handrejka

Johnny Hallyday

Okay, I agree, that's bollocks. The French can't rock. Nor can
, by the way...

Although they are usually quite familiar with the work of Monty Python.

I thought that clip was great by the way. Wouldn't it have been even better if it had been sung in Dutch?

I very much doubt it. I think that the Toppers' music is beyond rescue, no matter what language they abuse...

Next year's tour has been cancelled.

Go on, put him on next year's list. Think of all the fun you'll have.

I didn't think he'd be back to ample health to continue his Tour 66 tour in Amiens on 8 January after such surgery complications.

Providing he lives (!), will he reschedule the rest of the tour? It was supposed to be his farewell tour and it seems a bit of a damp squib to end on, unless he dies of course, which will be the ultimate finale.

I'm tempted to put him on my 2010 list but I'm not sure I can bring myself to to be honest. Good for another 15 years at least in my opinion.

Oh, and the Toppers were a bit embarrassing at Eurovision. I'd like to see the

bring a bit of class back to Dutch Eurovision entries personally :D

....unless he dies of course, which will be the ultimate finale.

I'm trying to imagine how any other kind of finale might look.

:D

Okay, I agree, that's bollocks. The French can't rock. Nor can
, by the way...

Although they are usually quite familiar with the work of Monty Python.

I thought that clip was great by the way. Wouldn't it have been even better if it had been sung in Dutch?

Speaking of the Dutch, Vaagy tells me no one but me has entered his Nederlands Dead Pool. How about giving me a little competition? I know Vaagy would like it.

Johnny Hallyday released from hospital, claiming 'he had come "close to death'", but obviously stopped short of singing his ultimate chanson.

Beaten to it by "Tomb Raider" :wub:

It's not a race, SP! Though I must admit that it felt jolly good to be the first to announce Waldheim's death back in 2007... I'll die peacefully if that's the only achievement I'll ever make in my life!

His daughter, Laura Smet, is in the news. Possible suicide risk.

Well, as she already tried to kill herself, I would not call that a 'possible suicide risk'...

Well, as she already tried to kill herself, I would not call that a 'possible suicide risk'...

This 'attempt' was hopefully unsuccessful, and a full recovery will be made. It is however, 'possible' that she will try again, hence, 'possible suicide risk'.

As in, she has tried once, so there is a chance she will try again in the future. Possibly...

• Like 1

This 'attempt' was hopefully unsuccessful, and a full recovery will be made. It is however, 'possible' that she will try again, hence, 'possible suicide risk'.

As in, she has tried once, so there is a chance she will try again in the future. Possibly...

Ah, now I get it...

Somehow I don't think the lady can fall back on a close and warm family which would greatly benefit her recovery, so you might be right. I read somewhere that her boyfriend was the brother of the doctor that treated Johnny last month for his heart problems and got beaten up for it. (Funny way to say 'thanks'...)

Johnny is to make his long-awaited(?!) concert debut in the UK next year. He's playing the Royal Albert Hall on October 15th.

If anyone would like to buy me a ticket (gratis obviously as I'm currently worthless dolescum once again) I shall report on his health and whether he looks ready to kick the bucket anytime soon. Not particularly a fan but he puts on a good show, and of course I will be doing francophile deadpoolers a favour.

Time to bring this topic back to the top, I think, given the news of his cancer.

Going to dig out my JH Greatest Hits CD when I go home tonight.

I don't really know much about him - knew of him, of course - but my wife assures me Hallyday is a massive name in music terms, so infinitely Deathlist-able if he's around next January.

• Like 1

Hell yeah - he's a nailed on obit; Britain has always has a curious interest in his massive domestic fame and inability to export it. He's their Cliff Richard.

My French teacher at High School was a huge fan and used to play his songs in lesssons.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hell yeah - he's a nailed on obit; Britain has always has a curious interest in his massive domestic fame and inability to export it. He's their Cliff Richard.

Am told George Harrison was at Cannes festival in early 70s when he heard the familiar Beatles-esque fan shrieks and started to get antisocial, until he realised the excited shrieks were for Hallyday who appeared at the door and breathed a sigh of relief.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

My French teacher at High School was a huge fan and used to play his songs in lesssons.

FFS, there's no call for that.

How many in the class subsequently saw in the inside of a psychiatric ward?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'd say he was more like Rod Stewart 

8 hours ago, msc said:

I don't really know much about him - knew of him, of course - but my wife assures me Hallyday is a massive name in music terms, so infinitely Deathlist-able if he's around next January.

He is a HUGE star in France but not in UK.