Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The Comic Strip

First of the gang to die?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well worth a look. (From the 'Bottom' live show)
  • Like 1

The scum from Britain First are using photos of Rik Mayall to try to sway people over to their site. It's gone completely over their heads that they're just the sort of person that Mayall parodies as Alan B'Stard.

BptMWU3CAAIwbhc.png
  • Like 5

I will never forget Rik reading George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl for the BBC's Jackonary.

An absolute classic in how to convey a fantastic story!

RIP.

• Like 1

BptMWU3CAAIwbhc.png

39y6HKO.jpg

Something that's wierded me out is that Rik was two years older than Roy Kinnear was when he died, but Roy seemed so much older. I'm not sure if that's because I'm older or if being in your 50s now is different from being in your 50s 25 years ago. What made me think of that was wondering whether this will ever see the light of day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwicke_House

Something that's wierded me out is that Rik was two years older than Roy Kinnear was when he died, but Roy seemed so much older. I'm not sure if that's because I'm older or if being in your 50s now is different from being in your 50s 25 years ago.

Difficult to say. Some people seem never to have looked young, and I'd say Roy was one of those. Liz Smith is another, and I seem to remember reading an interview where she said she had looked like an old lady all her life.

Another thing is that we often don't realise how celebs are ageing, if they're not on the telly every week. We watch repeats of their best shows, and have the DVDs on the shelf. Then it can be a shock when we see them in real time. In my head Rik still looked as he did in the 80s or 90s.

What made me think of that was wondering whether this will ever see the light of day.

http://en.wikipedia....Hardwicke_House

I missed that! There are some reviews on imdb - the second one gives quite a lot of detail and the author claims to have seen all the episodes. Interesting!

http://www.imdb.com/...ws?ref_=tt_ql_9

Something that's wierded me out is that Rik was two years older than Roy Kinnear was when he died, but Roy seemed so much older. I'm not sure if that's because I'm older or if being in your 50s now is different from being in your 50s 25 years ago. What made me think of that was wondering whether this will ever see the light of day.

Well to be fair, Roy Kinnear did fall off a horse and break his pelvis the day before he died.

Mayall was 2 years younger than Eric Morecambe when he died 30 years ago around the time the second series of The Young Ones was being broadcast...

He was just 2 years older than Peter Sellers

Something that's wierded me out is that Rik was two years older than Roy Kinnear was when he died, but Roy seemed so much older. I'm not sure if that's because I'm older or if being in your 50s now is different from being in your 50s 25 years ago.

Difficult to say. Some people seem never to have looked young, and I'd say Roy was one of those. Liz Smith is another, and I seem to remember reading an interview where she said she had looked like an old lady all her life.

Another thing is that we often don't realise how celebs are ageing, if they're not on the telly every week. We watch repeats of their best shows, and have the DVDs on the shelf. Then it can be a shock when we see them in real time. In my head Rik still looked as he did in the 80s or 90s.

What made me think of that was wondering whether this will ever see the light of day.

I missed that! There are some reviews on imdb - the second one gives quite a lot of detail and the author claims to have seen all the episodes. Interesting!

'Vaugley' remember the stooshie,

ep 1

'Vaugley' remember the stooshie,

ep 1

It's like "Please Sir" with mullets.

It's coming in through the press that he died due to an "acute cardiac event" after he came home from his morning run.

Tony Blair's fault, then.

On a similar theme to that Peter Capaldi is the same age when he was cast as the Doctor as William Hartnell was in 1963 but no-one is referring to him as an old man.

It is testament to the regard in which Rik Mayall is held that I have not yet noticed a post that said Drop Dead Fred.

Oh whoops!!!!

It is testament to the regard in which Rik Mayall is held that I have not yet noticed a post that said Drop Dead Fred.

Oh whoops!!!!

Funny thing about that (which I assume you won't like) is it's pretty much the only thing he's "famous" for in America amongst the general movie-watching public, (perhaps there a few hipster types over there who have watched Blackadder and pretended to get the humour just for the sake of seeming "sophisticated" and European). I saw TMZ used it as their lead - "Drop Dead Fred star dead" or something, and then it said "oh, and he was also a in a few successful sitcoms in the UK" lolz, would you not like that........

Also I'm disappointed no-one asked me why it was Tony Blair's fault, 'cause I was actually serious, it is ultimately but I'm not gonna tell yer you'll have to figure it out for yourself it's not thaaat hard or convoluted anything.

A couple of posts and no 'Bad News' gags yet? You lot are slipping.

I'm wondering if his death is anything to do with the quad bike accident as well. We'll find out in time, I suppose.

Drop dead Rik, surely?

Oh whoops!!!!

Close, no ceegar/

Rik Mayall's funeral today, 30 years to the day after the broadcast of the last Young Ones episode, 'Summer Holiday'.

Judging by the pictures on the BBC website Dawn French looked quite well. The front covers of the gossip mags with short one word titles (Crap, Lies, Whores) always seem to find a picture of her looking tired/fat/without make-up and suggest that her whole life is falling apart.

Ade Edmonson was not photographed nor did I see any report of him attending.

Look again. He was one of the pallbearers.

Well, as Eddie Catflap once said "Make sure that there's a camera at the funeral. That way all the sad little minor celebs are bound to turn up, trying to get their faces on South East at Six. Looking sad and concerned...and available for work."

• Like 2

So that's two from the famous "Flashheart" cameo dead inside ten days...

Look again. He was one of the pallbearers.

Yeah I saw that in a paper over the weekend. I would have thought that the BBC might have mentioned that in thier coverage cos now they made me look like a callous bastard who is looking for dissent where there is clearly just a lot of love and loss.