Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

Christopher Hitchens

I liked Christopher Hitchens going in all guns blazing on the Republicans and the Religious Right. There were a few sharp intakes of breath when he described McCain as becoming increasingly physically and mentally disabled.

The Onion....

Nation Finally Shitty Enough To Make Social Progress

"Today Americans have grudgingly taken a giant leap forward...And all it took was severe economic downturn, a bloody and unjust war in Iraq, terrorist attacks on lower Manhattan, nearly 2,000 deaths in New Orleans, and more than three centuries of frequently violent racial turmoil."

I liked Christopher Hitchens going in all guns blazing on the Republicans and the Religious Right. There were a few sharp intakes of breath when he described McCain as becoming increasingly physically and mentally disabled.

The Onion....

Nation Finally Shitty Enough To Make Social Progress

"Today Americans have grudgingly taken a giant leap forward...And all it took was severe economic downturn, a bloody and unjust war in Iraq, terrorist attacks on lower Manhattan, nearly 2,000 deaths in New Orleans, and more than three centuries of frequently violent racial turmoil."

I wouldn't take what he says too seriously. He was massively pro-War/Bush, so he's changed his tune quicker than a Prog Rock concept album...

Edited by Magere Hein
This and previous post moved from topic "Who will win the 2008 US election?"

Author and journalist Christopher Hitchens is suffering from cancer of the esophagus.

That is one of the most stupendous ironies I have ever come across, although it probably been more apt if it was his colon, seeing as he speaks out it more often than not...

I'll nominate the excellent Christopher Hitchens for 2112, rather than 2011, unless we hear over the next couple of months that he has cancer in the advanced stages.

I'll nominate the excellent Christopher Hitchens for 2112, rather than 2011, unless we hear over the next couple of months that he has cancer in the advanced stages.

Is God on his side like?

Is God on his side like?

Now that would be ironic, considering Mr Hitchens' writings on some of God's self-proclaimed ground crew.

regards,

Hein

Author and journalist Christopher Hitchens is suffering from cancer of the esophagus.

I suppose the greatest treat for dead poolers when it comes to Hitch is that this is quite clearly a man who is going to be writing fucking reams for every stage of his prognosis and descent. Here's your first lengthy missive on it.

This will be the best read for deadpoolers since John Diamond went down.

I suppose the greatest treat for dead poolers when it comes to Hitch is that this is quite clearly a man who is going to be writing fucking reams for every stage of his prognosis and descent. Here's your first lengthy missive on it.

'Fair read! I vote that he needs his own thread. We can pull down 8 posts on him already, and like you say a couple every month for the next 18 months.

'Fair read! I vote that he needs his own thread. We can pull down 8 posts on him already, and like you say a couple every month for the next 18 months.

Done.

regards,

Hein

Well done MH.

Actually cancer of the Oesophuagus is a really nasty form of cancer - on my points reconciliation I make it second only to liver cancer.

From Wiki I get this...

Patients with distant metastases (who are not candidates for curative surgery) have a less than 3% 5 year survival rate.

So in this respect, and also his fairly young age (61) I'm very tempted to have him in my top 50 next year. Time will tell in how he goes on between now and when I'll be making up my next years team.

Would have gone with "drink-soaked former Trotskyist poppin' off" as the sub-header for this thread.

Would have gone with "drink-soaked former Trotskyist poppin' off" as the sub-header for this thread.

Also done. I was confident somebody would make a better suggestion. My sub-header was a rush job.

regards,

Hein

Eight-minute long video interview with Anderson Cooper. Apparently revivalist groups have designated September 20 this year as "International Pray for Christopher Hitchens Day", so mark it in your calendar. Hitch looks ill already, the chemo has given him the haircut of your perpetually unemployed, slightly retarded 55-year-old second cousin.

Well done Spade for sticking the link in here.

It's got a fair grip of him already - shoot!

Yes, this is the first red ink, underlined, "definite" for 2011 imho.

Eight-minute long video interview with Anderson Cooper. Apparently revivalist groups have designated September 20 this year as "International Pray for Christopher Hitchens Day", so mark it in your calendar. Hitch looks ill already, the chemo has given him the haircut of your perpetually unemployed, slightly retarded 55-year-old second cousin.

Given that the Christians are now praying for him, its in his best interest to die. If only just to spite them.

Bunch of wankers.

Our man is going toe-to-toe with "bet you miss him now he's gone" former PM and noted left-footer Tony Blair over the subject of religion if he manages to make it to the end of November.

Thread should be renamed "the people's deathlist champion" :huh:

Christopher Hitchens tells Americans how to make a cup of tea

I can only imagine the pitch meeting for that article went "I want to write about how to make tea" "Why?" "Because I'm dying."

Possibly, but this needs to be read carefully in the US where they seem to be congenitally incapable of making decent tea. He might have added tea drinking is improved if taken with chips or a fatty breakfast because the fat brings out the flavanoids that improve its taste. Is there anything better than a mug of strong tea and a chip butty? It beats cafe latte with a blueberry muffin any day.