Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Quantickgate

Hmmmm. Underlying or getting auld?

Is this a VERY recent photo? Maybe he got fit for his 50th birthday. And if he's single, there's another reason to lose more weight.

I would have thought it was just the downer effect of being literally the most pointless and baffling human being on earth.

So, does sober Eddie plan on spending more time hereabouts or did drink drive him our way in the first place?

I would have thought it was just the downer effect of being literally the most pointless and baffling human being on earth.

and what has Vanessa Feltz done to lose that title....?

• Like 1

Oooh

What do our other readers think etc with regard to that most pointless and baffling epithet.

It takes a lot to get round Ms Feltz (heh heh) IMHO.

• Like 1

Oooh

What do our other readers think etc with regard to that most pointless and baffling epithet.

It takes a lot to get round Ms Feltz (heh heh) IMHO.

Well obviously there's Piers Morgan, there was someone else I hate even more that I remembered a few hours after I posted that but I cant remember now luckily.

Apart from that Owen "Stone me harder Allah you sexy Middle Eastern beast" Jones has to be massively up there at the moment. And Tom Fucking Watson.

(p.s. before you complain that you said "our other readers", one of my other personalities replied to this)

Feltz is irritating but there are worse offenders. As for Piers Morgan, he's not pointless or baffling, he's just a massive cunt.

• Like 1

Feltz is irritating but there are worse offenders. As for Piers Morgan, he's not pointless or baffling, he's just a massive, Gooner supporting cunt.

Watching the snooker now and Colin Murray must be one of the worst offenders.

In his defence, Fighting Talk was excellent in the years he did it, and now is totally shit.

Ergo, the various new presenters are worse...

In his defence, Fighting Talk was excellent in the years he did it, and now is totally shit.

Ergo, the various new presenters are worse...

His radio 1 evening slot was about the last good thing he did.

Pains me to say that Hadoke has been consorting with the redoubtable Quantick.

Pains me further that they have chatted about Genesis Of The Daleks - a story I adore, basically because who has the guts to give to children a story about possible genocide?

Anyhoo, I have nothing personally against Mr Q - basically because without looking him up, I have no idea what he has done or what he is "famous" for. Is he an Armando Ianucci? Cos he is a real pain in the arse.

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Pains me to say that Hadoke has been consorting with the redoubtable Quantick.

Pains me further that they have chatted about Genesis Of The Daleks - a story I adore, basically because who has the guts to give to children a story about possible genocide?

Anyhoo, I have nothing personally against Mr Q - basically because without looking him up, I have no idea what he has done or what he is "famous" for. Is he an Armando Ianucci? Cos he is a real pain in the arse.

Toby just genuinely gets on with nearly everyone. I know folk who hate each other with a passion who are only united by their respect for Toby.

Also, its a podcast where famous comics nominate their favourite Dr Who stories for Toby to watch along. So it's 99% Hadoke with an intro from Quantick.

As for David Quantick, he used to write for The Day Today/Brass Eye, including iirc the Peter Sutcliffe Musical sketch. He also, iirc used to deadpool. Then he started complaining about others using that same sense of humour on folk he liked. (He complained about Steven Wells being a DDP pick, pretty sure Wells is the one guy who'd be least offended by the DDP in history.)  He was on that UK Gold Best Comedians panel (Roy Hudd's last public appearance) and got a laugh from the others for calling a famous act "Saunders and French". So yeah, was regarded as a good comic writer, his comic pals find him funnier than I do in person, and he shows up on far too more Channel 5 talking head shows with his Michael McIntyre style observational "humour". I don't find him funny and find a bit of a hypocrite tbh, but nothing against other people liking him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

As for David Quantick, he used to write for The Day Today/Brass Eye, including iirc the Peter Sutcliffe Musical sketch. He also, iirc used to deadpool. Then he started complaining about others using that same sense of humour on folk he liked. (He complained about Steven Wells being a DDP pick, pretty sure Wells is the one guy who'd be least offended by the DDP in history.)  He was on that UK Gold Best Comedians panel (Roy Hudd's last public appearance) and got a laugh from the others for calling a famous act "Saunders and French". So yeah, was regarded as a good comic writer, his comic pals find him funnier than I do in person, and he shows up on far too more Channel 5 talking head shows with his Michael McIntyre style observational "humour". I don't find him funny and find a bit of a hypocrite tbh, but nothing against other people liking him.

Podcasts...I'm too old for all that nonsense now. Another way of the yoof shutting out the actual horribleness and also beauty of the world - check your phone, listen to a podcast - anything except actually interacting with reality! :lol: Escapism should be a temporary thing.

I saw Q on some Channel 5 thing, might be the same one - the sheer horror writ across his face as a bunch of comedians demoted Tony Hancock to the lower reaches! Might have been a best comic actors thing - I remember Bill Owen being introduced as a wild card, and summarily dispensed with in favour of Joanna Lumley or somesuch. All that anal introspection of your peers just annoys me - public votes give an indication of how things stand from time to time, but really what is the point of that? I actively detest Last Of The Summer Wine, but having been forced to watch it, I can appreciate some of the acting in it. 

Anyway, yeah, probably the less I know about this guy the better. Far less see him on the tellybox.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Podcasts...I'm too old for all that nonsense now. Another way of the yoof shutting out the actual horribleness and also beauty of the world - check your phone, listen to a podcast - anything except actually interacting with reality! :lol: Escapism should be a temporary thing.

I saw Q on some Channel 5 thing, might be the same one - the sheer horror writ across his face as a bunch of comedians demoted Tony Hancock to the lower reaches! Might have been a best comic actors thing - I remember Bill Owen being introduced as a wild card, and summarily dispensed with in favour of Joanna Lumley or somesuch. All that anal introspection of your peers just annoys me - public votes give an indication of how things stand from time to time, but really what is the point of that? I actively detest Last Of The Summer Wine, but having been forced to watch it, I can appreciate some of the acting in it. 

Anyway, yeah, probably the less I know about this guy the better. Far less see him on the tellybox.

As I've been on podcasts and like Last of the Summer Wine... :o:D

• Haha 1