Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2011

Happy New Year All.

As I enter my 6th year of DDP I continue to dream of a top 20 finish but fear I just aint got what it takes but enjoy it anyway so what the hell. :)

Unlike the man DDT, I am sticking with Hakimullah Mehsud in the hope that the slippery bastard will be Droned out of his hiding place this year. Oh the embarrasment of all the gloating we did last Janurary when we thought he had been blown to pieces. Also included in my 20 is the despicable Sidney Cooke as this years REALLY hope they die pick (apparantley suffered a double stroke coupled with the fact that 99% of Wakefield nick want him dead gived me claims).

Also plumped (more than likely stupidly) for Fidel Castros sister rather than the man himself.

Reckon there could be a few unique picks in this lot.

Vasily Aleksanyan (JOKER)

Sidney Cooke

Dick Cheney

Sir John Tavener

Danny Baker

Marisol Valles Garcia

Sir Freddie Viggers

Kim Jong-il

Aretha Franklin

Bob Dole

Paul Madeley

Geoffrey Hughes

Juanita Castro Ruz

Andy Whitfield

Severiano Ballesteros

Gary Ablett

Hakimullah Mehsud

Brian Lenihan

Val Armstrong

Tariq Aziz

Happy New Year All.

As I enter my 6th year of DDP I continue to dream of a top 20 finish but fear I just aint got what it takes but enjoy it anyway so what the hell. :)

Unlike the man DDT, I am sticking with Hakimullah Mehsud in the hope that the slippery bastard will be Droned out of his hiding place this year. Oh the embarrasment of all the gloating we did last Janurary when we thought he had been blown to pieces. Also included in my 20 is the despicable Sidney Cooke as this years REALLY hope they die pick (apparantley suffered a double stroke coupled with the fact that 99% of Wakefield nick want him dead gived me claims).

Also plumped (more than likely stupidly) for Fidel Castros sister rather than the man himself.

Reckon there could be a few unique picks in this lot.

Vasily Aleksanyan (JOKER)

Sidney Cooke

Dick Cheney

Sir John Tavener

Danny Baker

Marisol Valles Garcia

Sir Freddie Viggers

Kim Jong-il

Aretha Franklin

Bob Dole

Paul Madeley

Geoffrey Hughes

Juanita Castro Ruz

Andy Whitfield

Severiano Ballesteros

Gary Ablett

Hakimullah Mehsud

Brian Lenihan

Val Armstrong

Tariq Aziz

You've got a twin team competing with you this year...

I'm also fairly sure that there's another noticable absence from this year's DDP. A former host..

How do you mean MIB?

Someone has got nearly the same picks as me? Surely all 20 cant be duplicated in one team. The odds on that !!!!

Thought my mates could be winding me up but i didnt reveal my picks to them until after the deadline.

How do you mean MIB?

Someone has got nearly the same picks as me? Surely all 20 cant be duplicated in one team. The odds on that !!!!

Thought my mates could be winding me up but i didnt reveal my picks to them until after the deadline.

Nah. Same name.

I hope they were told to sod off and pick another name?

There's a slight difference between the two teams. You're still the original though...

Folks, there will be a delay in the publishing of the teams until Thursday at the earliest due to problems with my ISP.

Fairly suprised to finish in the heights of joint 23rd last year, didn't expect to do anything like that...

Well done and your team for 2011 looks really strong.

But who is Garn1?

Hey, tmib, is there anything the layabout denizens of this forum can do to help you with the entry uploads, what with your ISP problems and workload?

Hey, tmib, is there anything the layabout denizens of this forum can do to help you with the entry uploads, what with your ISP problems and workload?

Just 6 more to do. It's been a 'mare I can tell you. Virgin Media have given the elbow, 3G in its place..

Next time, I'm going to get a couple more days off over the festive period.

Funnily enough there less teams (467) this year but loads more celebs thanks to a phalanx of theme teams, over 50 this time....

Err, where's Are You Still Dying Darling's team??? *sobs* :skull:

Err, where's Are You Still Dying Darling's team??? *sobs* :(

Oh bollocks, I knew there'd be one... :skull:

Edit: You're up now, Vinegar, you can breathe again!

I don't see my ill-considered bunch of last-minute decisions up there either.

I think I called them The Notapotatoe's.

When did you sent it?

When did you sent it?

Gor blimey Guvnor, now you are arsking.

I sented it on New Year's eve about half an hour before midnight, CET, forgetting that that actually gave me another hour after midnight to devote some proper thought to the team. Hence a combination of theme team "Germans and other (alleged) Nazis" rounded up to 20 with a couple of likely looking stopgaps.

What am i doing wrong MIB?

I am still seeing the 2010 teams. :skull:

edit: must be a firefox thing because i can see them fine on IE.

Nice work MIB.

A friend of mine told me he entered a team named "Boob Bondels" and I dont see that. But its much more likely that he just told me he'd sign up and didnt. Great work MiB! Theres a little typo on Tae-woo Roh if you'd like to be informed.

Good job well done, as an old boss of mine was wont to say.

Any chance I could swap one of my team for 'Baby-Doc' Duvalier?

Both of my teams are up. Good work, TMIB.

Sadly I'm already trailing 3 deaths behind the current front runner. :P

After several years in the game i think i may change my team name next year to Wormer, He's A Dead Man! Niedermier Dead! Marmalard Dead! (GU)

I should be fine with this as obviousley when changing team names I wouldnt be so fckin stupid as to pick a team name that already exists and has done for years.

I know itrs only a game and the organizers do a fantastic job but duplicate team names should be pointed out and they should be told to pick another.

Of all the teams names in the world he could have changed to - the clown picks mine.

:D When I posted late on New Year's Eve that Neil Young (the footballer) was terminally ill, I wondered if it was too late for anyone to pick him for their DDP team...

I'm very pleased I've got 5 unique picks, they are very ill with cancer, and I'd be surprised if they all hung around to sing Auld Lang Syne at the end of the year.

Well done TMIB, top work. Also well done to Banshees Scream, who can finally get to see the view from the top after all these years :P .

Excellent work, TMIB. I've only been able to have a quick look and may not be able to sift through properly until Thursday, but top notch stuff!

I am not too concerned on being on 0 - after all last year I started sluggishly, and then improved as it all went on..

3 unique picks.. I'm pleased with that.