mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

I hate to bring this up again but some doubt was cast on whetehr Ruby Muhammad had really died or not.Well her own website now confirms it .so hopefully that one can now be finally laid to rest!

There was no doubt that she had died, it all depends if an obit had been submitted or not

Guest Guest

The actor James Pritchett h as died at 88.Fans of the tv series 'the Doctors' will know him as Dr Matt Powers from the show

Loleatta Holloway, the real vocalist on Ride on Time has had her time.

Obit

Guest Guest

Actress Elizabeth Taylor is dead at 78

This one nearly slipped by unnoticed from 3 days ago:

Johnny Pearson

The composer, pianist and arranger and conductor of the "Top of the Pops" Orchestra has died aged 85. Also played a major role in launching Cilla Black's career :banghead: by arranging the music for her first 2 no.1 hits "Anyone Who Had a Heart" and "You're My World".

Guest Guest

The former radio one DJ Keith Fordyce has died aged 83

Damn. He was on my list last year :rolleyes:

Damn. He was on my list last year :burnash:

Are there any press reports or obits to support this claim? I notice his wikipedia entry, which had been altered to give the date of his alleged death, has been changed back again.

George Walker

The former boxer responsible for the Brent Cross Shopping Centre, Britain's first stand-alone shopping centre, and founder of the Brent Walker empire has died aged 82.

He did pretty well for a man once sent to prison for stealing nylon stockings - his daughter married a cousin of Prince Philip and "he sponsored the opera, launched the Brent Walker sailing race from Brighton to Cadiz in Spain, and renamed the September Ascot races the Brent Walker Festival" and entertained guests on his boat during the Cannes Film Festival.

Not surprising to see him lauded by the Daily Mail then!

Guest Guest

A few weeks ago 99 year old Captain Mayhew Foster recounted his fascinating part in history in flying the newly captured Herman Goering to be interrogated by allied forces.Today he is no longer giving interviews.

This just in, former congresswoman from NYC Geraldine Ferraro has died at the age of 75 from cancer.

That's a unique hit for Mr C when a UK obit comes.

Guest Guest
This just in, former congresswoman from NYC Geraldine Ferraro has died at the age of 75 from cancer.

She paved the way for Sarah Palin, as the first ever female vice presidential candidate .She's got a lot to answer for... :burnash:

She paved the way for Sarah Palin, as the first ever female vice presidential candidate .She's got a lot to answer for... :burnash:

Right...so because she was a woman, and because she ran for vice president, that automatically means she is responsible for Palin's political opportunities?

Right...so because she was a woman, and because she ran for vice president, that automatically means she is responsible for Palin's political opportunities?

.....or indeed Palin's political viewpoint and stupidity?

Damn. He was on my list last year :lol:

Are there any press reports or obits to support this claim? I notice his wikipedia entry, which had been altered to give the date of his alleged death, has been changed back again.

Finally, mystery solved!

The creator of Super Glue, Harry Coover, has died aged 94.

Coover also had a part in early television history, appearing with Garry Moore for "I've got a Secret."

he's come unstuck

Guest Guest

Coover also had a part in early television history, appearing with Garry Moore for "I've got a Secret."

Damn..I wanted to post that news.I had so many puns ready!

Damn..I wanted to post that news.I had so many puns ready!

Did he meet a sticky end?

Guest Guest

Well known Norwegian actress Wenche Foss has died at 93.I will miss her :lol: