mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

John Paul Getty III, the grandson of a billionaire American oil tycoon, has died at the age of 54.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12399648

Sorry if already posted - didn't find anything with search though

OoTW

Did you try the scroll up key?

Quite obviously not Trigger.

Had I scrolled up and had I have seen the previous post of the same subject matter then it might be a reasonable assumption that I would not have duplicated the post.

OoTW

Sassy. Nice. Any relation to Disgusted?

Sad to report the death of cricketing legend Trevor Bailey in a fire this morning.

Sad to report the death of cricketing legend Trevor Bailey in a fire this morning.

These Englishmen are so keen to keep the ashes.

Prescient. His nickname was The Boil.

One of Egypts greatest heros,Saad aEl Shazly ,architect of the Yom Kippur war in 1973 and touted by some as a possible interim president just a few days ago while their crisis goes on, has died http://english.ahram.org.eg/~/NewsContent/...hazly-dies.aspx

Taken with the customary amount of salt, his Wikipedia entry is a nice read.

regards,

Hein

BBC Obit for Bailey. That will be an unnatural causes bonus for the three teams who picked him.

Old people die in house fires all the time... :)

BBC Obit for Bailey. That will be an unnatural causes bonus for the three teams who picked him.

Old people die in house fires all the time... :)

In England! They tend to die of flu or dehydration in the US! Cheers. Why would a house burn down unless it was a pentiona.....

Nevermind

John Paul Getty III, the grandson of a billionaire American oil tycoon, has died at the age of 54.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12399648

Sorry if already posted - didn't find anything with search though

OoTW

Been reading the Telegraph obit of him. He required 24 hour care after been paralysed by a stroke 30 years ago. Bit of a miss that, in DDP terms, I reckon...

Another day, another Daily Telegraph write-up for a WW2 hero.

It says he died in December 2010. They certainly took their time with that obit.

So if there was a hypothetical mirror DL that had the oldest people around on it, it would probably look something like this...

[snip]

23rd May 1919 – Betty Garrett

[slash, burn]

Betty Garrett bites the dust.

Actor Kenneth Mars, who played Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein and the playwright who wrote Springtime for Hitler in The Producers, has died from pancreatic cancer, aged 75.

Actor Kenneth Mars, who played Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein and the playwright who wrote Springtime for Hitler in The Producers, has died from pancreatic cancer, aged 75.

Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks

He was on my list almost until the last. And I had no idea he was ill either, just thought he'd be an interesting name to throw in...

Bollocks! :(

Prolific Irish actor TP McKenna has died (Sunday) aged 81.

If you can think of a TV series from the 60's or 70's, chances are he appeared in it. He was also shot and killed in Straw Dogs.

Jigme Norbu, 45, the nephew of the Dalai Lama, has been run over by a truck in Florida during a 300 mile walk to raise awareness of the Tibetan struggle for independence. Given the widespread media coverage of his his demise, it could be concluded that he succeeded in his original aim, although perhaps not in the way he might have liked.

Jigme Norbu, 45, the nephew of the Dalai Lama, has been run over by a truck in Florida during a 300 mile walk to raise awareness of the Tibetan struggle for independence. Given the widespread media coverage of his his demise, it could be concluded that he succeeded in his original aim, although perhaps not in the way he might have liked.

...and wouldn't it be ironic if the truck driver turned out to be Chinese!

He was on my list almost until the last. And I had no idea he was ill either, just thought he'd be an interesting name to throw in...

Bollocks! :(

I knew I should have gone for a "Worked with Gene Wilder " Theme team.

Hope it wasn't bad karma :(

Historian Dame Judith Binney, one of New Zealand's finest scholars, has suffered serious head injuries after she was hit by a truck.

Dame Judith Binney dead, aged 70. :rip:

Dame Judith nearly died after being hit by a truck while crossing Princes St in Auckland in December 2009. She suffered serious head injuries but was thought to have made a good recovery.

Not that good :(