mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Hollywood actor Farley Granger has died at 85 http://www.movieline.com/2011/03/film-lege...-dead-at-85.php

Sad. He was great in Rope and Strangers on a Train.

I notice you have Jennifer Jones on your list.I hate to break the news,but she died just over a year ago!

Case of mistaken identity. This Jennifer Jones is a Canadian curler, and I can't for the life of me remember why she's on my list now. Premonition risky pick or something.

Hollywood actor Farley Granger has died at 85 http://www.movieline.com/2011/03/film-lege...-dead-at-85.php

Sad. He was great in Rope and Strangers on a Train.

I notice you have Jennifer Jones on your list.I hate to break the news,but she died just over a year ago!

Case of mistaken identity. This Jennifer Jones is a Canadian curler, and I can't for the life of me remember why she's on my list now. Premonition risky pick or something.

Is a Canadian curler another name for a hairdresser? much in the same way Americans call ham "Canadian bacon"?

Guest Guest
No particular reason to suspect imminent death but I realised recently that 'Steady' Eddie Stobart, as in the guy that founded the company, is 80 this year. It's his name on the trucks though it was his son - always known as Edward - who made the company a massive success, and Edward sold out several years ago to his brother William and William's business partner Andrew Tinkler.

Eddie Stobart (the younger one, not the older one) is dead at 56. One year of life for every hitchhiker his employees rape and murder a month.

Looks like theres gonna be a funeral convoyyyyyyyyyyyyy,. Rubber duck !

Is there somewhere a topic where are all deaths of people who have been on deathlist.net but not on the year when they died?

Is there somewhere a topic where are all deaths of people who have been on deathlist.net but not on the year when they died?

There did used to be a 'Near Misses' thread, but I think it was done away with because deaths were being reported in multiple threads...

There's the Survivors of 1987 thread, which goes on to discuss the survivors of all the subsequent Deathlists as well.

There did used to be a 'Near Misses' thread, but I think it was done away with because deaths were being reported in multiple threads...

Someone should restore that thread. It would be great reading.

There's the Survivors of 1987 thread, which goes on to discuss the survivors of all the subsequent Deathlists as well.

Thanks for the page but that's not exactly the thing i'm looking for. Interesting thou'.

Someone should restore that thread. It would be great reading.

Thanks for the page but that's not exactly the thing i'm looking for. Interesting thou'.

The "Near Misses" thread often got misused and people would post any death to that topic. It then became a question of "what's a near miss?" as there were cases where someone would post a passing who was well known to a handful of people and everyone else had no idea who the person was.

Olympic equestrianist Jane Gregory has died of a heart attack, aged 51. She represented her country in two Olympics at walking her horse around a sandpit dressage.

3.gif

Guest Guest
Olympic equestrianist Jane Gregory has died of a heart attack, aged 51. She represented her country in two Olympics at walking her horse around a sandpit dressage.

3.gif

I like that new smiley.very funny :banghead:

Guest Guest

The leading expert on the Soviet Union Prof. Bill Wallace has died.if you're old enough you might remember him He used to be on the tv news a lot back in the day giving his views on stuff to do with the USSR

Guest Guest

According to reports the record producer Roger Nichols has died

Hugh FitzRoy, the 11th Duke of Grafton, has died aged 92.

A unique hit for Death The Leveller...

Its been reported that 'Buster Martin' has died, aged 104.

He claimed to have been the oldest man to run the London Marathon, but was unable to produce satisfactory documentary evidence of his age.

I was wondering if this was the same chap who was part of "The Zimmers"*, of "My Generation" fame. (if it is, mods feel free to move post to "Dead Pop Stars" thread).

Edit: *This would also mean DDP points for Fictional? and Pool Ghoul if a satisfactory obit appears.