The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2012

He may not meet the fame-requirements for any UK list, but Baseball Hall-of-Famer Gary Carter is a good candidate on any North-American death pool lists.

The 57-year old was diagnosed with 4 malignant tumours in his brain earlier this year, and also suffers from Stage 4 inoperable glioblastoma (An aggressive form of cancer).

Masao Yoshida, the head of the tsunami battered Fukushima nuclear plant - who has spent the last nine months facilitating repairs at the site - has resigned due to ill health. He is currently in hospital, amid speculation that he may be suffering from the effects of exposure to radiation.

Masao Yoshida has been diagnosed with esophagael cancer :skull:.

Guest Forgot my login

While looking up some past their sell by dates comedians on wikipedia, I noticed a few candidates.

Frank Carson : Born 6 November 1926 (age 85) - has a heart pacemaker & In August 2011, Carson had on operation to remove a malignant tumour from his stomach.

Jim Bowen : Born 20 August 1937 (age 74) - Hospitalised in Feb 2011 suffering from 2 Strokes.

Ken Dodd: 8 November 1927 (age 84) - Not known to be ill, but looks pretty much past it.

Bill Oddie: Born 7 July 1941 (age 70) - Diagnosed with clinical depression, has vanished from his regular TV appearances recently.

Tom Baker: Born 20 January 1934 (age 77) - Oldest of the surviving Dr.Whos, well known to enjoy drinking..

Jim Bowen : Born 20 August 1937 (age 74) - Hospitalised in Feb 2011 suffering from 2 Strokes.

I agree with your choice of Jim Bowen. He strikes me as the kind of guy who could drop down dead tomorrow - much in the way of Bernard Manning.

Guest doctor who fan

While looking up some past their sell by dates comedians on wikipedia, I noticed a few candidates.

Frank Carson : Born 6 November 1926 (age 85) - has a heart pacemaker & In August 2011, Carson had on operation to remove a malignant tumour from his stomach.

Ken Dodd: 8 November 1927 (age 84) - Not known to be ill, but looks pretty much past it.

Bill Oddie: Born 7 July 1941 (age 70) - Diagnosed with clinical depression, has vanished from his regular TV appearances recently.

Tom Baker: Born 20 January 1934 (age 77) - Oldest of the surviving Dr.Whos, well known to enjoy drinking..

Please take Tom Baker off your list.His death is impossible.

Liz Smith, nana from the Royale Family, celebrates her 90th birthday today.

Blue Peter action-girl Helen Skelton appears ill-prepared for her forthcoming trek to the South Pole. Hardly ever camped in the snow and travelling partly on an untested bike. I truly hope she survives intact since one of her most agreeable habits is attending Carlisle United matches and conversing with fellow Cumbrians in the crowd. Chatted with her a couple of times myself. Go well Helen, don't let those nasty dead poolers get you.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-16157981

She rocks Hein, BIGTIME!! And she's Cumbrian born and bred. Our collective admiration and affection for the sainted Helen would be hard to understate. Forget ranter fire if you diss this diminutive diety...MPFC will be on you before the public get a chance, or summat.

Guest Albert Finney

You Mugs,

I told you Hitchens was nailed on.

How on earth could you have overlooked a cancer riddled alchoholic still on the piss ?

Mugs,

yours,

Alfred Finney

Noel Edmunds.

That's the kind of optimism we like to see on here.

The kind of dickhead who would pre-record the commentary of his own funeral...

One identical sealed box.

22 coffins , a quarter of a million pounds and just one question ! Welcome to dead or not dead ?

Guest Guest

Lady Thatcher will spend xmas day with a paid carer and police protection officer as her family have abandoned her.She is no longer able to recognise her own children so they dont even bother visiting her anymore. Very sad http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Guest Dan

Sad? Is it fuck!

Lady Thatcher will spend xmas day with a paid carer and police protection officer as her family have abandoned her.She is no longer able to recognise her own children so they dont even bother visiting her anymore. Very sad http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

To be fair, her children are probably devoting the same amont of time to her in old age as she devoted to them when children.

• Like 2

I'm in the midst of composing my masterlist and it seems there has been limited contribution to the ideas category this year. Hmm.

I'd say Windsor has a good point above. What goes around, comes around, eh?

I'm in the midst of composing my masterlist and it seems there has been limited contribution to the ideas category this year. Hmm.

I think we're at the point where we can start contributing the already rejected participants from our long-list, right? Former vice-chairman of Plymouth Argyle Robert Dennerly has a malignant brain tumour. I was holding out hope that the club wouldn't be sold so he'd still be vice-chair when the new year turned around, but now he isn't... I'd say his chances of a national newspaper obituary are pretty low. Still, if you want to take a punt there he is.

Similarly, former Bulgarian national team manager Dimitar Dimitrov has stomach cancer, but he didn't manage Bulgaria when they were any good so I can't see him getting that much press reportage.

Indeed. You don't seem to have contributed anything! My DDP list is complete, I'm hoping for 20 unique picks next year.... :)

Indeed. You don't seem to have contributed anything! My DDP list is complete, I'm hoping for 20 unique picks next year.... :)

(Nods). Yes, uniques are difficult to attain but it can be done. I'm going to dice up some suggestions which could be an addition to someones list.

Two kings, one of Cambodia and the other of Thailand. King Sihanouk and Bhumibol Adulyadej sit on a similar thrown as they both have had health issues circulating for some time. Three time prime minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee also has had numerous health issues over the passed few years and never fails to be mentioned. Hakimullah Mehsud, a radical likely alive and hiding in Pakistan who might be dust soon.. Ayotollah Al Khamenei, Iran's spiritual leader who is beleived to be suffering from something terminal. Hmm who knows.

Two kings, one of Cambodia and the other of Thailand. King Sihanouk and Bhumibol Adulyadej sit on a similar thrown as they both have had health issues circulating for some time.

One of them doesn't sit on a throne at all - Sihanouk abdicated a few years back.

Having said that, I did read somewhere recently that he doesn't intend to leave Cambodia again. This is quite significant when you consider he has been kept alive for the last 5 years thanks in no small part to Chinese medical treatment.

Guest Guest

To be fair, her children are probably devoting the same amont of time to her in old age as she devoted to them when children.

I fear her loneliliness may finish her off in the new year.I feel 2012 willbe a year of big deaths inc Thatcher and mandela.Also Billy Graham. And probably Fidel Castro too.All these people should be on your list for 2012. I am confident you wil not be dissappointed

Among less prominent people that I feel are almost vertain to die in 2012 are former Aussie PM Gough Whitlam and former labour deputy leader Ted Short (just turned 99.No ex minister has ever made it past 101.Only 2 , Hartley Shawcross and Manny Shinwell have made it to 100))

We get some right ones!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/22/politics/john-edwards-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Former senator and general scumbag John Edwards has asked for a postponement of his corruption charges, citing health reasons.

If I was facing up to 30 years in prison and a $1.5 Million dollar fine I'd probably call in sick too.

It's probably nothing, but if anyone is really desperate for picks, here you go.

Not too sure of her fame in the UK, but Abigail Van Buren (pseudonym of Pauline Phillips- or Dear Abby) is 93 years old and has been suffering from Alzheimer's Disease since 2002.

Not too sure of her fame in the UK, but Abigail Van Buren (pseudonym of Pauline Phillips- or Dear Abby) is 93 years old and has been suffering from Alzheimer's Disease since 2002.

She'll pass the fame test. She'll get a BBC obit as being one of the first widely known agony aunts.