The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2012

For those of us following the brain tumour of baseball Hall of Famer Gary Carter, his daughter is thankfully posting reams of stuff detailing how he's currently doing over here.

For those of us following the brain tumour of baseball Hall of Famer Gary Carter, his daughter is thankfully posting reams of stuff detailing how he's currently doing over here.

Sounds like he's doing bad. Hopefully Reuters picks up his death.

ESPN will pick up his death if nothing else.

ESPN will pick it up for sure, but that won't get me DDP Points.

ESPN will pick it up for sure, but that won't get me DDP Points.

True but if he's that prolific of a player, he'll get a UK obit somewhere along the line

Crazzy that Gary Carter has wizzed round these boards so much these last few days. I'm looking to have a punt every now and then and he was said to be doing well. These last few blog posts tell a whole different story. Sounds a tad grim and I do think he will fit straight into my 68 name team without having to run his figures.

Blue Peter action-girl Helen Skelton appears ill-prepared for her forthcoming trek to the South Pole. Hardly ever camped in the snow and travelling partly on an untested bike. I truly hope she survives intact since one of her most agreeable habits is attending Carlisle United matches and conversing with fellow Cumbrians in the crowd. Chatted with her a couple of times myself. Go well Helen, don't let those nasty dead poolers get you.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-16157981

It would appear she's succeeded. She also mentions the football:

‘I only got homesick on Saturday which is when I get together with my family and we go to the football together.’

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2011 at 20:07, DevonDeathTrip said:

I haven't got a link, but I'm reliably informed that the wildlife filmmaker David Cobham is suffering from bowel cancer. I'm not really sure how famous he is, but he did direct and produce "Tarka the Otter", so that'll probably get him an obituary. I don't know if anyone else remembers the children's TV programme "Woof!", but he directed that as well.

Dead. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-43546780

Neil Armstrong is looking like a walking heart attack these days so it might be a good idea to put him on the 2012 deathlist.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

Neil Armstrong is looking like a walking heart attack these days so it might be a good idea to put him on the 2012 deathlist.

You’re 6 years too late with that suggestion. 

Shame, Woof! was great.

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

You’re 6 years too late with that suggestion. 

Look at the title of this thread, Joey, and the joke might come to you!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, msc said:

Shame, Woof! was great.

Look at the title of this thread, Joey, and the joke might come to you!

I know. I was just trying to be difficult. :D 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I know. I was just trying to be difficult. :D 

Nice swerve. But I'm not biting.

To be fair I wondered too, having navigated to it from unread posts I didn't notice the title either.

If you ever watched Liza Goddard in Bergerac as Phillipa Vale aka the ice queen....I'd have taken the risk. I don't know what that makes me, nor do I care.

• Haha 2