football_fan

Things To Do While Waiting For Death

You wile away a couple of mins a day on Wordle, don’t you? And it’s piss easy.

How about trying Worldle? Guess the country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TQR said:

I'm the David James of Worldle (this will only make sense if a) you saw last night's House of Games and b) you've attempted today's Worldle)

14 minutes ago, time said:

I'm the David James of Worldle (this will only make sense if a) you saw last night's House of Games and b) you've attempted today's Worldle)

Is there any sports player who has acquired themselves well on House of Games. Its almost as if they are included  just to make up the numbers

10 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Is there any sports player who has acquired themselves well on House of Games. Its almost as if they are included  just to make up the numbers

Looking through the list of weekly winners, there are no sports players represented; Sports journalists on the other hand, fare rather better, with Chris Hollins, Colin Murray & Mark Chapman all amongst the weekly winners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Looking through the list of weekly winners, there are no sports players represented; Sports journalists on the other hand, fare rather better, with Chris Hollins, Colin Murray & Mark Chapman all amongst the weekly winners.

I think they should have a special week where they invite back four players who managed to go the entire week without winning a day and came bottom of the leader board

They could call it brown week (and have wood themed daily prizes)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think they should have a special week where they invite back four players who managed to go the entire week without winning a day and came bottom of the leader board

They could call it brown week (and have wood themed daily prizes)

Problem is it would last for ages - some of them have absolutely no idea what is going on. :D

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2022 at 08:46, TQR said:

Today's is somewhat easier!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, time said:

Yeah I had to resort to a map of Africa before having my 6th and final guess yesterday.

Today got it in one!

Incidentally on wordle a couple of weeks ago my wife had the freaky experience of getting it with her first guess on only her second ever go. Mind blowing when you think of how many 5 letter words there must be in the English language.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, time said:

Yep! Went from 3 in Wordle and 6 in Worldle yesterday, to 6 and 1 respectively today

On 16/02/2022 at 08:46, TQR said:

Seen today's?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, time said:

Seen today's?

Yep :D 

If only Wordle would make subtle references to current affairs. Nearest it got was “prick” when Johnson’s partygate was newly developing.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yep :D 

If only Wordle would make subtle references to current affairs. Nearest it got was “prick” when Johnson’s partygate was newly developing.

Suzie Dent's preserve I believe.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2022 at 11:23, time said:

Seen today's?

The shimmering FUCK was today’s one?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

The shimmering FUCK was today’s one?

Yes, I defy anyone to get that in 60 - even 600 - guesses, let alone 6. 

Strangely it has been in the news lately (at least locally) as the natives were resettled in Crawley and want the right to return to their homeland (no Crawley jokes please), which has been largely ignored by the UK government, and now Mauritius has seemingly declared it their territory. (

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time said:

Yes, I defy anyone to get that in 60 - even 600 - guesses, let alone 6. 

Strangely it has been in the news lately (at least locally) as the natives were resettled in Crawley and want the right to return to their homeland (no Crawley jokes please), which has been largely ignored by the UK government, and now Mauritius has seemingly declared it their territory. (

:D

I have stopped after 5 guesses - I knew it is 1073km south of the Maldives and 2820km west of the Cocos Islands but having given up and cheated I still couldn't find anything on my phone - booting my laptop up I was eventually able to zoom in enough to get the answer.

I enjoy Wordle and Nerdle, Worldle is normally okay and Lewdle is bloody hard work coming up with valid words it will accept as guesses. 

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

:D

I have stopped after 5 guesses - I knew it is 1073km south of the Maldives and 2820km west of the Cocos Islands but having given up and cheated I still couldn't find anything on my phone - booting my laptop up I was eventually able to zoom in enough to get the answer.

I enjoy Wordle and Nerdle, Worldle is normally okay and Lewdle is bloody hard work coming up with valid words it will accept as guesses. 

After zooming around the oceans east & west and back again, I resigned myself to not getting it and just entered anything to put me out of my misery.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I knew it is 1073km south of the Maldives

Yep, this flummoxed me as all I could picture being 1073km south of the Maldives was maybe some rusted remnants of flight MH370 or something.

Sixth guess was Réunion. Only two and a half thousand K’s out with that :D

I gave up on 5 because my geography ran out of possible places that could fit. 

32 minutes ago, time said:

Mauritius has seemingly declared it their territory. (

To be fair, economically, weather wise (if you like warm weather), location wise and even human rights wise, Mauritius is probably one of the nicest countries in the world. 

20 minutes ago, msc said:

I gave up on 5 because my geography ran out of possible places that could fit. 

To be fair, economically, weather wise (if you like warm weather), location wise and even human rights wise, Mauritius is probably one of the nicest countries in the world. 

Certainly preferable to another certain expansionist country, however you look at it.

Heardle.

I’d also like to make known my incredibly frustrating 6 on Wordle today. Cunty little game.

EDIT: :clivedunn: myself.

21 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

https://slapchris.com/

41 kph is the best I've managed. 

I'd rather slap Will Smith, but better than that, Putin is an option.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'd rather slap Will Smith, but better than that, Putin is an option.

I’d get around 320km/h if it were slap Boris