Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

41 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I don't think we have ever mentioned her on here but the "Trial of Joan of Arc" star Florence Delay is still going strong at 77.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Delay

Because she’s ....... seventy seven?  Or is that a new thing at a death pool site, post names of everyone who looks healthy...?

Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) President and former information minister Hasanul Huq Inu has been hospitalised after falling sick.

The former (Bangladesh) minister was taken to Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital in the city on Monday as he felt chest pain.

He was undergoing treatment at ICU of the hospital. Later, he was shifted to a cabin of the hospital as his condition improved slightly.
SC

35 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Carlos Sanchez, who portrayed Juan Valdez in coffee commercials for decades, died December 29th.  He was 83.

https://www.france24.com/en/20181229-face-colombian-coffee-carlos-sanchez-dead-83

Oh damn that sucks.  RIP

Dimitris Sioufas, a former New Democracy minister and (Greek) Parliament speaker from 2007 to 2009  died on Friday. He was 75.
SC

Fernando Lujan

The Mexican Actor who won an Ariel Award for Best Actor(Mexican Equivalent of an Oscar) in 2010, and who's last film appearance was the Anna Faris movie "Overboard" is dead at 79

On 13/11/2018 at 12:20, Vinegar Tits said:

Véronique Sanson cancels Pleyel concerts  (en français)

(news about her was originally in the Possibilities for 2019 thread but due to latest update I think this is more suitable here)

Véro originally cancelled dates from her tour, including the Roubaix concert I was due to go to :rant:, back in September after announcing that she was being treated for throat cancer (more precisely, a tumour on a tonsil), but was hopeful to complete the final dates of her tour at Salle Pleyel, Paris, at the end of the year.  I always thought this was a bit optimistic and so it comes to pass.

For those who can't/be bothered to read French:

Unless the cancer does spread, I don't think she's a contender for 2019. She's always had somewhat fragile health but radiotherapy isn't as nasty as chemotherapy so I expect to see her back to full strength and on tour sometime next year.

Update article in French on Véronique Sanson

Apparently has beaten her cancer, although still weak for the meantime. Will be going back on tour in spring.

• Like 1

Indian National Lok Dal leader Jaswinder Singh Sandhu is no more. Sandhu died at PGI this afternoon. Jaswinder Singh Sandhu was the INLD MLA from Pehowa. He was elected four times to the Haryana Vidhan Sabha in 1991, 1996, 2000 and 2014.

Sandhu was afflicted with liver cancer. He was also the former agriculture minister in the INLD government.

SC

Muriel Pavlow has died at 97

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh no - who's going to give her dog food now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I know she had French and Russian heritage but she was British so shouldn't be in this thread.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2017 at 05:50, Vaagheid said:

Maybe not the right place to post it but i was this week in Documenta in Kassel and they had a a retrospective on Lithuanian-American director Jonas Mekas. He is still alive and currently 95 years old and still alive and belongs to a generation of amateur filmmakers who in the 60s made artfilms (when 16MM cameras became publically available). I saw a film by Douglas Gordon where Mekas tells the story of how he was send to a workercamp in the second world war and how he was a man without a country after the war (because it was annexed by the soviets) and eventually ended up in the United States. There where also a lot of videos showing of him which where narrated homevideo travelogues where he went back to Lithuania and the places of his youth and where he was during the war.

I have no idea how obitable he is but could easily imagine him getting a fullpage obituary in the artsection of the Guardian. (edit: definately the case https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/dec/01/jonas-mekas-avant-garde-film-interview and https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/dec/10/video-art-andywarhol )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Mekas

Jonas Mekas has died.

On 21/01/2019 at 14:36, YoungWillz said:

French Duke Henri d'Orleans,  Count of Paris, announced as dead:

Interesting stuff.

Died exactly 226 years to the day, since Louis XVI got the chop.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/25/death-of-count-of-paris-sparks-pretend-game-of-thrones-in-france-jean-dorleans

I was considering him for Cup play but it seems that Amit Shah, president of the Indian political party BJP, is now out of hospital and attending public events after being treated for swine flu, and then being re-hospitalised last week. 

Some notable German Actresses to keep an eye on down the line,none are in any immediate ill health. Aside from Hermann,all are about 95% likely to get UK obits.

Marianne Sagebrecht (Bagdad Cafe) b. 1945

Angela Winkler b.1945-  Was in the Suspiria remake last year

Margit Carstensen b.1940-Frequent collaborator of RW Fassbinder

Ingrid Caven b.1938-Widow of Fassbinder

Irm Hermann b.1940

Hanna Schygulla b.1943

• Like 1

Manohar Parrikar enters hospital for ‘routine checkup’ and testing.  Gets ‘stable’ results.  For today.

SC