Estuarian Float

Reality TV

No idea if the popularity of Bar Rescue has at all translated to the UK - personally it’s my go-to “Stuck in a hotel room and have to watch something” show. But to the point - host Jon Taffer has taken several episodes off this season with seemingly no explanation. Taffer will be 70 in November, and every thing about his lifestyle and persona screams “massive heart attack before 80”

• Like 1

Sonja Christopher, the first person to be voted off of Survivor in 2000, dies at 87. 

• Facepalm 1

On 27/04/2024 at 15:11, FinalChapter said:

No idea if the popularity of Bar Rescue has at all translated to the UK - personally it’s my go-to “Stuck in a hotel room and have to watch something” show. But to the point - host Jon Taffer has taken several episodes off this season with seemingly no explanation. Taffer will be 70 in November, and every thing about his lifestyle and persona screams “massive heart attack before 80”

Taffer's Boston-area restaurant closed last month too.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2024 at 15:11, FinalChapter said:

I watch Bar Rescue a lot and Taffer's a great host who knows his stuff, but I know he always seemed to be the type to have a potential heart attack with his big size and yelling at the owners/staff. He's aged somewhat over the past few seasons, but he also has mellowed out in those seasons as well. I hope he'll still be around for awhile as he is fun and entertaining to watch.

On 01/03/2024 at 16:36, YoungWillz said:

Emma Jones, semi-finalist on Britain's Got Talent in 2015 apparently died mid-February. There's this link which as a non user of FB I cannot access. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005908540372

Anyhow, let's remember her.

Was finally reported by the Mirror today - even given the push notification treatment. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talent-semi-finalist-32-32944144

On 01/03/2024 at 11:36, YoungWillz said:

Emma Jones, semi-finalist on Britain's Got Talent in 2015 apparently died mid-February. There's this link which as a non user of FB I cannot access. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005908540372

Anyhow, let's remember her.

Months later, the press has caught up with Emma Jones' death: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/28261678/britains-got-talent-semi-finalist-dies-emma-jones-cancer/

• Facepalm 1

On 14/06/2024 at 21:45, Bentrovato said:

Nick Mavar, who appeared in 98 episodes of Deadliest Catch, dead aged 59. Deadliest Catch star Nick Mavar dies aged 59 after ‘medical emergency’ (msn.com)

I've only just heard about this :(

I hardly watch any TV, but I loved the Deadliest Catch.  I remember Nick breaking his nose when a crane hook hit him - he only took an hour off before returning to work. 

7 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

The Real World” star, Sarah Becker, dead at 52.

:( Apparently via suicide.