Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

What's The Appopriate Number Of Times A Celebrity's Death Should Be Posted Here?

I am thinking that it is inversely proportional to their level of celebrity. Those who people know who they are have their own thread whereas second rate singers who did a bit of acting can pop up in all sorts of places!

Once is enough. You only die once (Usually) The dead thread for list c-z celebs and in their own thread for a&b listers. Other threads can be started (15 minutes of fame as an instance) if there are no other threads for those celebs*

That thread can be used for people that are only in the headlines for a short time (Flash in the pan)

*Unwritten rule 47 section 8 sub section 15b

Victor Spinetti could cover a few threads (Comedy, Beatles, Welsh, Gay D(e)ad...)

It's a shame that the tables in the forum aren't set up to post to several threads at once.

That way you can pick from a list of where you want to post the information.

When Sid Waddel goes is the correct answer 180?

I think a lot of the "guests" seem to post death notices in as many places as possible. Maybe restrict them to post only on the Dead of 201X thread and then in time the mods can shift them to their proper thread if need be...

I say once or twice.

The Dead of 201X thread is useful as a reference guide, but only if complete. So surely everyone should get a mention there.

I'd say the appropriate number depends entirely on the nature of the celebrity.

J.M Coetzee for example, could legitimately be posted in the Dead of 2012, Hooroo Mate, Nobel Prize in Death and Authors last a long time; it may also be possible to make a case for him to be posted in arrogant academics.(and who knows, probably one or two others).

Ozzy Osborne, having his own thread should really only be posted there.

Just my opinion.

Note. These are examples, not predictions!

Once and only once. Twice in the same thread if (i.e someone didn't scroll far above the continuous discussion) .

Well if its like a Paul McCartney for example , maybe once in a beatles thread ,once in his own thread and maybe once in a another thread i.e rockstars from 60s etc . I think 3 would be a good number.

What's The Appropriate Number Of Times I Can Read This Fucking Pointless Thread Before I Stab Someone In The Spleen?

• Like 1

Everyone should get a chance to post it...all *checks current member total* 2,481 of us.

Everyone should get a chance to post it...all *checks current member total* 2,481 of us.

Plus guests.

Plus guests.

How could I forget our valued guests...

I'm no techy and know diddly squat about web pages, but would a running ticker be of any use?

Showing the latest posts on the 'Dead of 2012' thread, thus, others would see that it has already been posted and stop duplications.

This may be a massive undertaking!

But I find the 24hr news tickers very helpful when wanting a quick update on the world, especially when there is a Breaking News alert!!