Paul Bearer

The Rabbi Thread

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

My Deathrace pick Rabbi Dovid Soloveitchik, 99, is still alive, but has been hospitalized for COVID 3 days ago:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1914997/tehillim-rosh-yeshivas-brisk-hagaon-harav-dovid-soloveitchik-hospitalized.html

Don't worry, he is improving.

On 02/11/2020 at 19:51, gcreptile said:

My Deathrace pick Rabbi Dovid Soloveitchik, 99, is still alive, but has been hospitalized for COVID 3 days ago:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1914997/tehillim-rosh-yeshivas-brisk-hagaon-harav-dovid-soloveitchik-hospitalized.html

On life support.

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Oy vey, not a good day for Rabbis.

Definitely not, as Manhattan Rabbi Dovid Fenstein has died too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

From his official Twitter account, there is word that Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, a member of the House of Lords and a former Chief Rabbi of Great Britain, has died. He was 72.

Edit: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/rabbi-lord-jonathan-sacks-former-chief-rabbi-of-great-britain-dies-648341

Looks like my "might be nothing but double-check if he's gone back to work in December" longlist note was overly optimistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

From his official Twitter account, there is word that Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, a member of the House of Lords and a former Chief Rabbi of Great Britain, has died. He was 72.

Edit: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/rabbi-lord-jonathan-sacks-former-chief-rabbi-of-great-britain-dies-648341

That's a big shock.He used to be on tv a lot 

On 07/11/2020 at 19:07, drol said:

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik undergoes successful tracheostomy. Doctors plan to take him off life support in the next days as his conditions are improving.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik undergoes successful tracheostomy. Doctors plan to take him off life support in the next days as his conditions are improving.

Tracheostomy at age 99, that's really sick. Anyway, people usually die within a month after tracheostomy since it's an end stage procedure when people can't breathe through mouth and nose anymore.

Maybe I pick him in every Advent Avalanche / Deathrace / MMMDP from now on until he dies.

On 12/11/2020 at 08:28, drol said:

Discharged.

Spoiler

Actually sent home to die as "his condition is worse than ever".

4 hours ago, drol said:

Discharged.

Hide contents

Actually sent home to die as "his condition is worse than ever".

1. You can read that?

(As Sir Creep anticipates drol's response, let's nip that shit in the bud in advance)

2. You actually take the fucking time to do that?

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

1. You can read that?

(As Sir Creep anticipates drol's response, let's nip that shit in the bud in advance)

2. You actually take the fucking time to do that?

We all have our deadpool sphere hobbies. Willz's is Doctor Who, Ulitzer's is politics, drol's is very old religious people and/or Asian politicians (bonus points if they are both!)

• Like 1

I use Google Translate and need about 10 seconds to search for his name in Hebraic. Not rocket science.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

I use Google Translate and need about 10 seconds to search for his name in Hebraic. Not rocket science.

Sssh don't give away the secret centuries old secret Masonic deadpool research secrets of Google translate...

:P

• Haha 4

Here's an english version of it, I guess Soloveitchik has a day or two left:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/1926155/hagaon-harav-dovid-soloveitchik-in-private-icu-unit-at-home-in-critical-condition.html

Edit: Curious note, they didn't announce his move home, because they didn't want to reduce the "tefillos", the prayers. So if he dies, it means we haven't prayed enough.

On 06/12/2020 at 17:36, gcreptile said:

Here's an english version of it, I guess Soloveitchik has a day or two left:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/1926155/hagaon-harav-dovid-soloveitchik-in-private-icu-unit-at-home-in-critical-condition.html

Edit: Curious note, they didn't announce his move home, because they didn't want to reduce the "tefillos", the prayers. So if he dies, it means we haven't prayed enough.

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik deteriorates for the 450th time in the last two months.

5 hours ago, drol said:

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik deteriorates for the 450th time in the last two months.

More specifically he is suffering from acute kidney failure.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Oh yeah, wasn't that what Carlos Menem was suffering from a month ago? Still alive, by the way.

I wonder if I ever learn and stop picking immortals for my Deathrace teams.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:
3 hours ago, drol said:

Oh yeah, wasn't that what Carlos Menem was suffering from a month ago? Still alive, by the way.

I wonder if I ever learn and stop picking immortals for my Deathrace teams.

If only it had been called 'cute kidney failure' it would have been less inticing.

On 22/01/2021 at 08:53, drol said:

Shabbat update: despite the title, he is actually improving.

Well, the only time old Dovid was improving, he is dead. Took his biscuit.

19 minutes ago, drol said:

Well, the only time old Dovid was improving, he is dead. Took his biscuit.

I think we’ve touched on this point before but it can’t really be emphasised enough. There’s a medical phenomenon known as “terminal lucidity” which is common in many elderly/seriously ill patients. Their vitals improve and they become far more energetic and alert, hours, days or weeks before dying. This leads relatives into a false sense of hope or belief that the person is recovering hence you get the “they’re improving” stories when in actuality fact they’re often totally fucked.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think we’ve touched on this point before but it can’t really be emphasised enough. There’s a medical phenomenon known as “terminal lucidity” which is common in many elderly/seriously ill patients. Their vitals improve and they become far more energetic and alert, hours, days or weeks before dying. This leads relatives into a false sense of hope or belief that the person is recovering hence you get the “they’re improving” stories when in actuality fact they’re often totally fucked.

Actually he severely deteriorated on Friday, on Saturday he was breathing and they thought "he was improving" before he deteriorated again last night. But I think he was never conscious again and they perfectly knew he was utterly fucked.

• Like 1