Paul Bearer

The Rabbi Thread

Couldn't he hang on another 24 hours for me for the Cup? Cheers Dove.

Woman Mad Face GIF - Woman MadFace Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Couldn't he hang on another 24 hours for me for the Cup? Cheers Dove.

And that's why its pointless to put a cup team together until the last minute. These inconsiderate bastards will just break your heart by popping their clogs with a day to go!

I stopped sending him my Tefillim and Tehillah. It was simple prayer fatigue. I assume I was not the only one who felt this was, sorry, Dovid. 

• Like 1

Beside, no distancing has been respected at Dov's funeral and the health minister described it as "a funeral which will bring many other funerals".

5 hours ago, drol said:

Well, the only time old Dovid was improving, he is dead. Took his biscuit.

287973016_220px-__.jpg.f4efc5047ee1a6e0b756fefd67bce223.jpg

And just several hours later Rabbi Yitzchok Scheiner (wiki) has died aged 98.

He tested positive for COVID-19 on 24th January so quicker downturn.

Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik was the oldest rabbi on the Council of the Torah Sages. Scheiner was the second oldest member.

Those accolades now go to Gershon Edelstein (b. 1923, wiki) and Shmuel Kamenetsky (b. 1924, wiki), respectively.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

Rav Edelstein, some time ago, forbid his followers to check into COVID hotels because "their spirituality might be compromised" by television. Gladly I see they are mostly pictured as a bunch of exhalted twats even by Israeli media.

So I think it was asked earlier if Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik had any chance of a DDP obit. 
I say yes. Doesn’t look like he was picked though so missed opportunity 

• Like 1

A crowded maskless funeral practically beckons for more of their venerated elders to die of covid. Kind of a redux of the chain of events that killed Patriarch Irinej of Serbia.

• Like 1

Another one to watch might be Haredi leader Chaim Kanievsky, now known as the king of COVID. Never leaves home, is completely deaf and utters every word in an  uncomprehensible way. Somehow he survived COVID in October, though it reportedly worsened his conditions. 

They say the "deaths come in threes" thing is bullshit, but Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski (wiki) is dead at 90 of COVID-19.

• Like 3

My god its rabbi dominoes 

20 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Reuven Bulka, London-born Rabbi of Ottawa, with pancreatic cancer, has died:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-s-rabbi-reuven-bulka-passes-away-1.5487479

A profound loss for the Ottawa community and the Canadian one. The Rabbi was long associated with the annual national Remembrance Day ceremonies.  The full note sent out to congregants, where he was the Rabbi emeritus at Machzikei Hadas synagogue, reads as: 

Dear Friends,

It is with profound sadness that we inform you that Rabbi Dr. Reuven Bulka (HaRav Reuven Pinchas ben HaRav Chaim Yaakov) passed away early this morning, Sunday, June 27, 2021 (17th Tammuz 5781).

The funeral in New York will be live-streamed today, Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 4:00pm EST at the following link:

https://client.tribucast.com/tcid/3665996155

A private burial for family will be held in Israel.

We will be sharing more reflections and Shiva details in the coming days.

Rabbi Idan Scher

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Sex offender/rapist rabbi Eliezer Berland in hospital, on ventilator after catching covid:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/sex-offender-rabbi-eliezer-berland-hospitalized-with-covid-on-ventilator/

zb9Ip.thumb.jpeg.2031d5ca239a0f51b59e6950ef6be659.jpeg

83, has had health troubles before and in a wheelchair in pictures from june...

Good. I've had him on my long list for years. He was going all over the world to evade his arrest. A long history of sexual abuse.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 18:31, arghton said:

Sex offender/rapist rabbi Eliezer Berland in hospital, on ventilator after catching covid:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/sex-offender-rabbi-eliezer-berland-hospitalized-with-covid-on-ventilator/

zb9Ip.thumb.jpeg.2031d5ca239a0f51b59e6950ef6be659.jpeg

83, has had health troubles before and in a wheelchair in pictures from june...

Rav-Berland-learns-with-Corona.jpg.8b4d8d38eff3c96c1b36a09c3eee7598.jpg

Picture from around ten days ago posted on his website.

The caption was:

"A rare photograph of our Rebbe, Rabbi Eliezer Berland shlit”a, learning with phenomenal self-sacrifice with all his strength, with avodas Hashem without pause.  The Rav is currently in home-hospitalization, ill with the Coronavirus.  It’s possible to see in the pictures the oxygen machine, but the Rav continues to push ahead with all his strength for the Jewish people."

FB post reporting the death of Rabbi Ephraim Einhorn (wiki), Austrian-born British-raised head of the Taiwanese Jewish community, aged 103.

A deadpooling favourite but not picked in this year’s DDP.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

FB post reporting the death of Rabbi Ephraim Einhorn (wiki), Austrian-born British-raised head of the Taiwanese Jewish community, aged 103.

A deadpooling favourite but not picked in this year’s DDP.

Obit from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.

Rabbi Dr. Moshe David Tendler, biologist and one of the Rosh Yeshivas of the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary at Yeshiva University and son-in-law of the famous Moshe Feinstein (1895-1986, married his daughter Shifra Tendler who died in 2007) has died aged 95:

http://www.rationalistjudaism.com/2021/09/a-bold-leader-in-torah-and-science.html

• Like 1

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/haredi-author-chaim-walder-dies-by-suicide-after-sexual-abuse-allegations-1.10496355

Ultra-orthodox haredi rabbi, therapist, writer and author Chaim Walder dead by suicide at 51 or 52 after the rabbinical court of the city of Safed had found out that he had sexually abused women, girls and boys who had come to him for treatment for over 25 years.

• Like 2

Twitter (CBS New York reporter Lisa Rozner) reporting the death of Rabbi Israel Dresner at age 92.

On 31/01/2021 at 16:35, Ulitzer95 said:

Those accolades now go to Gershon Edelstein (b. 1923, wiki) and Shmuel Kamenetsky (b. 1924, wiki), respectively.

https://baltimorejewishlife.com/news/news-detail.php?SECTION_ID=1&ARTICLE_ID=151333

Shmuel Kamenetsky was widowed last month, his wife Temi Brooks died on the 10th of Jan. Both were apparently antivaxxers who thought that vaccines, including the polio vaccine were "hoaxes"

On 31/01/2021 at 20:01, drol said:

Another one to watch might be Haredi leader Chaim Kanievsky, now known as the king of COVID. Never leaves home, is completely deaf and utters every word in an  uncomprehensible way. Somehow he survived COVID in October, though it reportedly worsened his conditions. 

Kanievsky sent a personal condelence letter to Kamenetsky.

kanievsky.png.d76c54883a54f39ec8b427914a29992d.png

Here's the (all thing considered, decent-looking as he looked like a corpse 7 years ago) Chaim Kanievsky writing the letter.

kamenetsky.png.dcd67d337f8107dd2a1979e443aefa5a.png

Here's Shmuel Kamenetsky receiving the letter.