Guest Catherine

Billy Graham

For a lifetime spent worshipping false idols, I predict Billy Graham will be eaten alive by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Now that's a website that attracts some pointless ranters; they make a lot of the ones you get here seem pretty tame, which takes some doing.

However, as the Flying Spaghetti monster is clearly a swipe at religion and Intelligent Design etc., I look forward to a veritable glut of eloquently constructed criticism from Billy Graham fanatics once he meets his maker.

If of course you are one of the BG flock, this item is essential for your listening pleasure! :lol:

Larger than life statue being planned for Billy Graham.

Hmmm... a giant bronze idol meant for worship... coulda sworn I read a story like that in the Bible somewhere... ;)

Hmmm... a giant bronze idol meant for worship... coulda sworn I read a story like that in the Bible somewhere... ;)

Wasn't that about a statue of a stupid animal? Oh, never mind.

regards,

Hein

Wasn't that about a statue of a stupid animal? Oh, never mind.

regards,

Hein

MH,

It's amazing how some prophecies in the bible ring true then :P;)

Guest iain

for such a religiouos man he seems remarkably reluctant to enter the kingdon of heaven :)

for such a religiouos man he seems remarkably reluctant to enter the kingdon of heaven :D

Maybe he's been pilfering some of the millions we've been sending him so he could us all into heaven :D DAMN, 50p down the drain :D

Billy Graham plans to be part of July Festival.

Oh that is indeed wonderful! I recall quite clearly the very first time that I heard The Reverand Doctor Graham speak. It was a very moving experience, although I must admit I never remitted any money to him or his ministries.

Billy Graham plans to be part of July Festival.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a viewing in July although there have been no new health developments. Nothing against the guy, I have to respect his more recent position on matters (although I'm 100% atheist).

I'm 100% atheist.

As of yet, have you discussed this with your Pastor or other spiritual guide?

In anticipation, a quasi-eulogy to dear old Billy: :referee:

WHO IS PRAYING FOR WHOM?

Since there is only one God and all prayers are answered with some combination of “yes”, “no” and “wait”, as one clever writer put it, one concludes that there is something which Baha’is call “God’s Plan” and which others might call “destiny”, or “determinism”, or “fate”. In this poem I make an unlikely connection drawing on this large-scale view. I was reading Graham’s autobiography published recently in 1997 and my mind was drawn to what for me is a humorous, serendipitous and, possibly, impossible connection between my life in the Baha’i community and the prayers of Dr. Billy Graham, world-famous evangelist. -Ron Price, Pioneering Over Three Epochs, Unpublished Manuscript, 1999.

I became A Baha’i

just after Billy Graham

completed his Australian tour.*

He returned to Australia twice,

in 1968 and 1969,

before I arrived in 1971

and started to refocus

all the prayers Dr. Graham had raised up

in his endless and genuinely inspired invocations.

Did the scattering angels of the Almighty

scatter abroad his words, too, and touch

the hearts of righteous men?**

I went pioneering on 1 September 1962

just after the final rally in

Graham’s historic Chicago Crusade at Soldier Field

where 116,000 gathered

in one hundred degree plus heat.^

Was Graham praying for me?

Ron Price

19 September 1999

* he completed his tour in June 1959; I became a Baha’i in October, while investigating this new religion during the early months of 1959.

** See the front page of Baha’i Prayers, USA, 1985.

^ See Billy Graham, Just As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy Graham, Harper-Collins Pub. Ltd., 1997, p.325 and p. 369.

I aehad a drream earlier involving Jerry "G.Q." Fallwell. Wonfdre what that means/? Would ti possibley mean hes about toe enter the othere realm and maybbe take Graham with him. Did you know Graham can never be a menebere of the Jewissh faith because of his name?? IT CON tains ham, <_<:o:P:(:lol::lol:

Also attending the next Billy Graham event will be 97 year old George Shea, which is not the most encouraging news for the two teams that have selected him for the DDP.

Also attending the next Billy Graham event will be 97 year old George Shea, which is not the most encouraging news for the two teams that have selected him for the DDP.

Damn...that's in my neck of the woods. Now I know where NOT to go...

It's been a year since Graham's NYC "farewell" and yet he's still trucking on! I can't figure the guy out.

It's been a year since Graham's NYC "farewell" and yet he's still trucking on! I can't figure the guy out.

I think the Lord likes Graham to do a bit more repenting and atonement before He want him in. :P

regards,

Hein

I think the Lord likes Graham to do a bit more repenting and atonement before He want him in. :P

regards,

Hein

LOL, that must be it. Graham must have a LOT of repenting to do.

regards,

Hein

Naa, I just think God (if there is one) doesn't want the competition in Heaven just yet.

Found a flier on my front door for Graham's appearance next month here in Baltimore. Tossed it.

Naa, I just think God (if there is one) doesn't want the competition in Heaven just yet.

That's also a possibility. I've been thinking about this: if I were God, I'd like a serious word with all my self-appointed ground staff about what they say I exactly like or not.

Found a flier on my front door for Graham's appearance next month here in Baltimore. Tossed it.

God, that reminds me of something I did when I was a student. Some evangelist put up his tent near our flat and a flier was posted with opening hours. Three house mates and I went there one evening. It was quite an amusing show, if you have the rigtht state of mind for it. After an hour of brimstone and fire a collection was held, in which amazing amounts were fleeced off the flock.

When the collection plate passed us I nicked a few bills. Nobody noticed and we spent the loot on beer and billiards. I'm still not quite sure whether this was Good Thing or a Bad Thing, cosmically speaking.

regards,

Hein

According to a line from this article, Billy Graham's speech tomorrow will be dependent on his health - might be worth keeping an eye out for what he looks like when (or if) he gives the speech.

According to a line from this article, Billy Graham's speech tomorrow will be dependent on his health - might be worth keeping an eye out for what he looks like when (or if) he gives the speech.

I've steered clear of downtown Baltimore...I have nothing to do with this one, I swear.

Oh well, Billy Graham was well enough to speak yesterday.

According to the article, 83,000 people over 3 days came to Camden Yards to hear The Graham Experience...that's more than the Baltimore Orioles have been bringing in for an average 3 game series this season.

Oh well, Billy Graham was well enough to speak yesterday.

According to the article, 83,000 people over 3 days came to Camden Yards to hear The Graham Experience...that's more than the Baltimore Orioles have been bringing in for an average 3 game series this season.

24312446.jpg

Aside from the fact that it looks like his son is assembling him as a robot, he looks fairly well.