Lewd_Squirrel

Shove Off, Eh?

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Mike MacDonald is dead according to this: 

I saw this last night, Jason Rouse posted it on his Facebook. 

• Like 1

Geralyn Wraith, a Saskatoon native, died Friday.  She helped craft the look of major characters on shows including The Kids in the Hall and Kim's Convenience. 

She was 63.  Wraith had battled breast cancer some time ago and recently learned it had metastasized into her liver "really fast."

SC

Kevin Tierney, the Irish-Canadian producer behind the movies 'Bon Cop Bad Cop' and 'The Trotsky', among others, has died at age 67.  He's the father of actor Jacob Tierney, who's been in the business since childhood. 

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/local-arts/montreal-filmmaker-and-gazette-columnist-kevin-tierney-passes-away

Canadian actor Daniel Pilon, whose film and television career spanned nearly 50 years, has died following a lengthy illness. He was 77.

The actor known internationally for his role as Renaldo Marchetta in the American TV soap "Dallas," died Tuesday in hospital surrounded by family, his talent agency said in a statement.
SC

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Canadian actor Daniel Pilon, whose film and television career spanned nearly 50 years, has died following a lengthy illness. He was 77.

The actor known internationally for his role as Renaldo Marchetta in the American TV soap "Dallas," died Tuesday in hospital surrounded by family, his talent agency said in a statement.

Now it seems this was posted elsewhere but search box isn't my friend so save your complaints.  I'll delete this portion of the post if in fact my post is original work.
SC

He was brilliant as a pretty ruthless villainous ex husband of the character Jenna Wade played by Priscilla Presley. 

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He was brilliant as a pretty ruthless villainous ex husband of the character Jenna Wade played by Priscilla Presley. 

His bio is actually rather impressive, but I couldn't place his face.  I didn't watch Dallas though so there's that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

His bio is actually rather impressive, but I couldn't place his face.  I didn't watch Dallas though so there's that.

Dallas was gloriously trashy highly melodramatic very glamorous camp fun and I am totally unashamed to admit I loved it! :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Dallas was gloriously trashy highly melodramatic very glamorous camp fun and I am totally unashamed to admit I loved it! :D

Oh I'm sure I'm in the 20% who didn't watch it.  Most everyone I knew did.  They probably watched Baywatch a few years later -- not that I'm accusing you lol....

• Haha 1

He's a miss in the Scavenger Hunt deadpool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Got to agree Dallas was brilliant you can't beat a bit of ole JR, larry Hagman was brilliant, all the more impressive considering he was drinking between 4 and 5 bottles of champagne a day on the Dallas set. RIP Daniel Pilon remember him in Dallas, would of thought he was older than 77 though, would of put him mid 80's.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2013 at 01:28, CaptainChorizo said:

http://www.inquisitr...ouver-breaking/

Cory Monteith,31 known for his role as Finn Hudson on the youth oriented sitcom Glee has died in Vancouver from a drug overdose

His mother is speaking out five years after his death.

https://etcanada.com/news/348666/cory-monteiths-mom-opens-up-about-the-actors-death-he-wasnt-ready-for-the-hollywood-world/

Harry Gulkin, who produced the movies 'Lies My Father Told Me' & the original version of 'Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang' and who previously served as president & chair of the Canadian Film Institute and VP of the Cinémathèque québécoise, has died.  He was 90.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/lived-many-lives-legendary-montreal-filmmaker-harry-gulkin-has-died?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1532369784

(A minute late)

*two minutes....

47 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Harry Gulkin, who produced the movies 'Lies My Father Told Me' & the original version of 'Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang' and who previously served as president & chair of the Canadian Film Institute and VP of the Cinémathèque québécoise, has died.  He was 90.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/lived-many-lives-legendary-montreal-filmmaker-harry-gulkin-has-died?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1532369784

(A minute late)

:clivedunn:

12 hours ago, charon said:

Harry Gulkin, Montreal filmmaker and erstwhile father of actress Sarah Polley, deid.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/lived-many-lives-legendary-montreal-filmmaker-harry-gulkin-has-died

Sent me scrambling to look up ‘erstwhile’ I have to sadly admit, wasn’t aware the Oxford Professor of Fine Arts took part in our forums.

SC

(ok looked it up, and for not simply saying ‘former’, let me now change my post to read ‘save the pompous stuffy bullshit for letters you write to your PM’ ffs).  And how can you be someone’s FORMER father?  So this is one of those ‘if you’re not really sure what a word means don’t use it’ scenarios.  Professor of Fine Arts my arse, ya tosser.

Rex Tasker, who worked for 32 years at the National Film Board of Canada as a producer, director & film editor, tackling numerous projects including 1967 Best Documentary Feature Oscar nominee "Helicopter Canada', has died.  He was 84 or 85.

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20180726.93404599/BDAStory/BDA/deaths