Spade_Cooley

Sir Cliff Richard

I was very upset the other month with Rod Stewart. Not just because I've had the impression for a long time that he is the sort of guy who is totally in love with his own image, but, that his "I'm Scottish" act is just that. Brought up by an English mother in London hardly is any sort of backdrop to base his whole reasondretra.

Tit.

Just like Cilla 'lovable scouser' persona. According to Paul McCartney she was actually quite posh.

• Like 1

I was very upset the other month with Rod Stewart. Not just because I've had the impression for a long time that he is the sort of guy who is totally in love with his own image, but, that his "I'm Scottish" act is just that. Brought up by an English mother in London hardly is any sort of backdrop to base his whole reasondretra. Tit.
Just like Cilla 'lovable scouser' persona. According to Paul McCartney she was actually quite posh.

A posh Scouser. Isn't that an oxymoron

• Like 1

Gladstone?

P.S. anyone got any idea why there's so many fucking guests and we're getting "Resource limit reached" errors? People surely can't be this excited over the death of an Irish PM?

Gladstone?

P.S. anyone got any idea why there's so many fucking guests and we're getting "Resource limit reached" errors? People surely can't be this excited over the death of an Irish PM?

I was wondering that earlier as well, thought someone important had died but alas not...

I kind of want a European monarch to go so we can get the fanfare of a nation mourning a leader and the transition of power, we kind of due one as well given the most recent ones were abdications, old people who used to be queen or king are a bit less exciting than those who still are.. probably have to settle for middle eastern nutjob monarchs for now Harold V of Norway and Queen Elizabeth look about the only likely European contenders..

Anyway this has nothing to do with Cliff Richard..

Gladstone?

Gladstone's a honorary Scouser; both his parents were Scottish.smileyslaughing_lol_100-103.gif?w=48&h=48

I also thought that this thread was about our beloved pop star and friend of South Yorkshire police, so how have we got on to Scousers and British Prime ministers..

I hope it's not down to me mentioning the Scouse songstress, who at one time was keeping her mouth closed( for a change) about her friend Harry Webb, but who has now decided to give him her support. if it is me, wholehearted apologies, but let's keep on track with what the thread should be all about.

At the risk of getting bogged down, how can you be an Honorary Scouser??????????? I fear a whole new thread coming on!

I also thought that this thread was about our beloved pop star and friend of South Yorkshire police, so how have we got on to Scousers and British Prime ministers..

I hope it's not down to me mentioning the Scouse songstress, who at one time was keeping her mouth closed( for a change) about her friend Harry Webb, but who has now decided to give him her support. if it is me, wholehearted apologies, but let's keep on track with what the thread should be all about.

At the risk of getting bogged down, how can you be an Honorary Scouser??????????? I fear a whole new thread coming on!

I was very upset the other month with Rod Stewart. Not just because I've had the impression for a long time that he is the sort of guy who is totally in love with his own image, but, that his "I'm Scottish" act is just that. Brought up by an English mother in London hardly is any sort of backdrop to base his whole reasondretra.

Tit.

Dunno, that nationalism can be all the stronger because of that upbringing. I borrowed a tartan waiscoat from a "Scottish" mate who's lived in England his whole life but he's definitely a jock in everything from consuming scots products to willing them to thrash us at rugby. His dad was from Edinburgh, sort of the same thing as Rod.

As it is for the English midlands town of Corby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-28225325

On a similar note, this Aussie didn't know until the other day that Liverpool is the "unofficial capital of North Wales":

http://news.bbc.co.u...les/7469279.stm

http://news.bbc.co.u...les/3482625.stm

Let's not forget the Patagonian Welsh speaking people in Argentina.

http://en.wikipedia....atagonian_Welsh

Down here, we have a city called Ipswich which is noted for its Welsh heritage.

(All of which has nothing to do with Sir Cliff...)

My understanding of the term honorary in context of heritage, i.e this case of usage was that it referred to someone not born in the area but having lived their so long they had taken on the culture and heritage as their own; rather than a parental heritage thing?

Getting back on topic:

wurvj6.jpg

Ooh er missus!

I've heard tales from two different sources regarding Cliff's backstage antics at separate concerts. Both involved young men who may or may not have been below the then age of consent.

These types of allegation are very difficult to prove one way or the other. It is a matter of public record where Cliff was on any of his given tours or at appearances at events like Billy Graham's crusades and I imagine backstage is quite chaotic so it would be impossible for Cliff to deny having encountered someone. Then it becomes a discussion about whether a particular act was committed.

I imagine that South Yorkshire police will only proceed with this one if they have a very credible witness and some corroborating evidence.

Guest LEE

Remember Cliff Richards is not been found guilty of anything! This is all a fade of people who going back 40 - 30 -20 whatever years age suddenly

make a statement of abuse about a celebrity, it seems to take them a long time to remember all this crap.

How many more celebs will they try and attack next!!!!!!

Remember Cliff Richards is not been found guilty of anything! This is all a fade of people who going back 40 - 30 -20 whatever years age suddenly

make a statement of abuse about a celebrity, it seems to take them a long time to remember all this crap.

Fade to Gay?

Can someone translate this into English for me please?

I've tried Google translate but to no avail.

• Like 1

Remember Cliff Richards is not been found guilty of anything! This is all a fade of people who going back 40 - 30 -20 whatever years age suddenly make a statement of abuse about a celebrity, it seems to take them a long time to remember all this crap. How many more celebs will they try and attack next!!!!!!

I think I can make a small amount of sense from this rant.

Remember Cliff Richards is not been found guilty of anything!

No he hasn't been found guilty, he's been accused of acting innappropriately towards boys who were under the age of consent at the time that alleged incidents happened.

It's down to the police to gather any evidence, bundle it up with a ribbon and present it to the CPS to determine if there's suffcient evidence for it to go to trial.

This is all a fade of people who going back 40 - 30 -20 whatever years age suddenly make a statement of abuse about a celebrity, it seems to take them a long time to remember all this crap.

Actually I think you'll find that it's not just a case of these people taking a long time to remember. When you're a child and you were to accuse someone of molesting you, who are they likely to believe? A small child or an international celebrity who no one could possibly think would do such a thing.

Also often when someone is abused or molested, for them the incident could be traumatic that they suppress some of the memories and are now remembering and are able to document the abuse in some sort of order.

And since the recent convictions of Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall, these people are now feeling that being a popular celebrity doesn't put you above the law as much as previously thought.

FWIW, this tax exile announced plans to return home back in July: http://www.business-...72100086_1.html

If he had any whiff of trouble back then, I presume he would have laid very, very low so either it is not him or he was in the dark about it all as late as last month. (I am going with it not being him.)

Bowie was apparently happily on stage with Kate Bush at her comeback concert today so maybe he isn't the tax exile in question either...

FWIW, this tax exile announced plans to return home back in July: http://www.business-...72100086_1.html

If he had any whiff of trouble back then, I presume he would have laid very, very low so either it is not him or he was in the dark about it all as late as last month. (I am going with it not being him.)

Bowie was apparently happily on stage with Kate Bush at her comeback concert today so maybe he isn't the tax exile in question either...

That was just a rumour that somebody put on Twitter.

What that he was on stage with Bush or that he was the tax exile? I just saw him as one of the three rock acts on the list of the top ten British tax exiles linked upthread so he was a possible suspect.

What that he was on stage with Bush or that he was the tax exile? I just saw him as one of the three rock acts on the list of the top ten British tax exiles linked upthread so he was a possible suspect.

That he was on stage with Bush.

He's still very much a possibility, then...

Well his sex life has not been entirely straight forward has it?

Well his sex life has not been entirely straight forward has it?

Or he hasn't been entirely straightforward about his sex life?

(by which I mean that I have read that the bisexuality thing was largely a pose)