Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

In order to avoid accusations of post whoring I decided to post this here as this is an issue for the DDP other wise I would have started The Names the Same thread.

These are people who are on my radar who may be confused with each other.

• Frank Williams - Formula 1 team owner (b.1942) or Vicar from Dad's Army (b. 1931)
  • Kenneth Baker/Kenny Baker - Conservative Politician/ R2-D2 both born 1934
  • Rosemary Harris - Children's writer b.1923/ Actress who played Spiderman's Auntie b. 1927/ American mystery writer
  • Mary Wilson/Mari Wilson - Harold Wilson's widow b.1916/Former Supreme b.1944/British singer (Telephone Man) b.1954
  • Terrence Dicks/Terry Dicks - Former Doctor Who script editor and novelist (b.1935)/Former Conservative MP (b. 1937)
  • Bob Harris/Robert Harris - Whispering DJ (b.1946)/ Novelist - Fatherland (b.1957)
  • Michael Moore - Hectoring Canadian film maker (b.1954)/ LD politician (b.1965)
  • Angus Deayton/Angus Deaton - Cocaine taking, whoring television presenter (b.1956)/Nobel Prize winning economist (b.1945)

There are probably loads more but these are the ones on my radar.

William Perry is both a former secretary of Defense under Bill Clinton and also in the Usa well known former football player called William "The Refridgerator" Perry. Both seem highly likely to be picked one because he is in 80s the other because of obesity and other health problems

Nathan Williams is an American musician in the Indy Rock band Wavves and a Welsh Rugby Player albeit both of them are pretty young and seem unlikely picks

Then there is Joe Jackson singer of 80's hits" Stepping Out"" Breaking Us In Two" etc and also Michael Jackson's dad

Also Tony Bennett the well known easy listening singer and also Tony Bennett the college basketball Coach at Virginia

Richard Williams (Tennis Player Venus and Serena's dad) and also animator who won 2 Oscars for Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Latest update...

Guest WEP

Maggie Karner of Bristol, Conn., cancer Patient and critic of assisted suicide, has died. She opposed Brittany Maynard, who committed assisted suicide in 2014.

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2015/celebs_K.html#karnem

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Margaret-Ann-Karner-102897205 (born July 31st, 1963 in Lafayette, Indiana)

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/424716/maggie-karner-dies-naturally-brain-cancer-wesley-j-Smith

No Points to Count, I think...

Latest update...

Brings me to at least a hit on each team.

Looked at the websites email and there's a stream of angry emails from friends/family etc of Naomi Thomas asking for her removal forthwith!

I've decided to remove her on request. Still part of the game though...I'll mention this on the next update.

Looked at the websites email and there's a stream of angry emails from friends/family etc of Naomi Thomas asking for her removal forthwith!

I've decided to remove her on request. Still part of the game though...I'll mention this on the next update.

Well if I play next year she is a shoe-in cuz family wouldn't care if she was healthy. Glad to see that's what's foremost on their minds at this time. Jesus Frikkin Christ....

And I've no idea who the hell she is....

SC

Well if I play next year she is a shoe-in cuz family wouldn't care if she was healthy. Glad to see that's what's foremost on their minds at this time. Jesus Frikkin Christ....

And I've no idea who the hell she is....

SC

I've never heard of her either. I'd assume she's one of the cancer mums.

Cancer wedding planner. Got into the Mail, Express and on ITV, could be one for your longlists.

OK I read that and so she's an average person with cancer. Where is the celebrity? Is it anything goes so long as they obit?

SC

Cancer wedding planner. Got into the Mail, Express and on ITV, could be one for your longlists.

I sort of mentioned that in my email to her...

How about actually removing her from the game and doing the same if similar picks get requests, therefore discouraging people to cause you trouble by choosing them in the first place?

Is this the 1st time you or another host has removed picks or not, I can't recall. Either way it's about time we had some sensible measures for fuck's sake.

All these little bottom-feeding Spade wannabes...

Is this the 1st time you or another host has removed picks or not, I can't recall.

52first1.png

• Like 1

Latest update...

Think you can add Leon Bibb to the List of the Lost, the bio has been updated but not the list or the front page. Cheers! Splendid work as always, Toast was right about the caption...

• Like 1

I knew I forgot something...

^^Least of your worries TMIB, I'm sure. New rules, next competition entries about to come in, scoreboards etc.

I forgot to pick a celebrity death. At least I'm not alone down there on "nul points", now hoping a few weeks out from the next competition that I keep the clean sheet. First year, joint last - a share of the wooden spoon - that'll do for me, one less team to worry about compiling next year. ;)

Latest update...

I can't access the team links or scoreboard, it's coming up with a 404 error, is it just my laptop being a nob?

I can't access the team links or scoreboard, it's coming up with a 404 error, is it just my laptop being a nob?

Your laptop is being a job...

Am I missing something or is Schmidt not scored?

F5 is your friend...

Have we agreed upon new rules.