Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

Do other language versions of BBC count?

For now...

Guest I D I O T

Until 31st December.

In that case, Zhanna Friske (who died in June and is in the list of the lost) had an article about her death in the Russian language version of BBC

Interesting. You can see why these obits are getting canned from next yaer...

In that case, Zhanna Friske (who died in June and is in the list of the lost) had an article about her death in the Russian language version of BBC

Wow. That escaped me too and I went through the Lost List yesterday for a personal review of the year.

Having said that, Clive James is probably going to fall down the staircase tonight and render all this irrelevant.

• Like 1

Good move brushing it off. The Living End has a gun you know

As Alex Ferguson once said: "Deadpooling, bloody hell"

Good move brushing it off. The Living End has a gun you know

Funny coincidence as I think Dr Z's sentiments are similar to mine when Solksjaer knocked it in off his knee in 1999...

Yes I am quite pleased for Spade actually.

You know, I always found the Party Pooper bonus to be utterly ridiculous, but now that Sadhana has died on Christmas Day.... Seven plus five plus 86 equals 98. Just waiting for that obit to roll through now....

I r ad the obit from 9 hours ago not sure how that's a Christmas obit and that's with respect to time zones.

Yes I can, that's terrible to include. I applaud the new rule.

SC

Nine hours ago, if you're in the US Delhi is between nine and a half and 13 and a half hours in front of you. You do the math(s).

No dispute this time. Now its time to run the clock down, Spade and the hattrick is yours....

Looking over DDT's survivors: Dignam's in remission, Clive James is still writing, Chuck Blazer was claiming to be on the mend, Clive Derby-Lewis is "doing fine" and enjoying Christmas, Ed Drummond is already dead/doesn't exist/who knows?, Leo Scullion is meant to be doing better, Jacques Villeneueve was a con, and the Belgian murderer a gamble which sadly didn't pay off.

Which leaves us with Martin Crowe (who feels more Sam Simon 2014, to be honest), and the Samsung chap.

Crowe and Granger seem too healthy to go in the next week, so I think time has run out for Death Impends' chances.

Back from Christmas holidays, and wow, at that hit from Mr. Cooley. The god/s of death must like him. Ah well, suits other players right for not getting 100pts this year. Though in my opinion, Martin Crowe has to drop dead any day now, but of course, with 3 days left (or even less in New Zealand?), it's getting really, really unlikely (but not as unlikely as Sadhana dying on Christmas a whole year after her health emergency and only being 74 years old).

How about this interesting idea for the scoring system.

I noted you have a bit listing dates in which no candidate has died:

29th February

8th October

26th October

30th October

21st December

28th December

How about you award an extra point to any team which selects a candidate who dies on those dates? Quite random like the 'party pooper' bonus.

Excuse my voyeurism. Oct 8 has come/gone did we pop that cherry? Keep an eye open for those upcoming Oct dates in a couple weeks.

SC

8 October - Paul Prudhomme/Richard Davies

30 October - Al Molinaro

That leaves 2 dates to go this year to fill.

Edit: Actually that list is up to end of 2013. In 2014 Udo Jurgens and Billie Whitelaw died on 21 December 2014. So only 28 December can qualify another death this year.

And Lemmy's death on 28th December fills up that date.

Guest I D I O T

So:special points for Februar 29th?

I'm surprised Lemmy was picked by just the 1 team in 2015 as he was in a few for 2016. They had a better handle on his health than he did!

Looked at the websites email and there's a stream of angry emails from friends/family etc of Naomi Thomas asking for her removal forthwith!

I've decided to remove her on request. Still part of the game though...I'll mention this on the next update.

Well if I play next year she is a shoe-in cuz family wouldn't care if she was healthy. Glad to see that's what's foremost on their minds at this time. Jesus Frikkin Christ....

And I've no idea who the hell she is....

SC

I've never heard of her either. I'd assume she's one of the cancer mums.

How about actually removing her from the game and doing the same if similar picks get requests, therefore discouraging people to cause you trouble by choosing them in the first place?

Is this the 1st time you or another host has removed picks or not, I can't recall. Either way it's about time we had some sensible measures for fuck's sake.

All these little bottom-feeding Spade wannabes...

Bit late, but thought I'd put my point over....

It was me who picked Miss Thomas. As you'll see from my team, its not a full of 'cancer mums/ young blighted' with Neil Cunningham being the other one, but that's only 'cos I'm involved in motorsport and knew of him.

I only knew about Thomas through someone who knew of her, and thought she was fair game as she had actively sought publicity because of her Cancer.

I did mail the boss to apologies for any grief I'd caused him, and although as stated, he was happy to keep her anonymously in the game/my team, I said I was happy to remove altogether and finish the year with 19 names. That's what happened, so though my team did shit, as least it did so with less celebs than everyone else !

Good luck to all for new year, in life and deadpooling.