Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

Problem is that it's not just Brave Inspirational Cancer Battlers who message to have their details removed... who was that opera tenor who complained to the DDP a few years back and insisted T-Mib add a line to his bio saying that he did not have cancer and wasn't dying?

I'm surprised Lemmy was picked by just the 1 team in 2015 as he was in a few for 2016. They had a better handle on his health than he did!

Well there's been chatter about Lemmy before. You can't exactly expect someone to drop dead two days after diagnosis though. I too am surprised in DDP only one team had him though, with theme teams and all that beg just to fill up a roster. Not sure if there's a bass players theme team but would there have been Lemmy would have been Joker.

SC

Latest update...

I said congrates in the chat, but I'll repeat it here for a sense of permanence. Three in a row, its a no mean feat!

Congrats Spade seems you are on way to Schumacher,Joey Chestnut level of dominance

Condolences TJS never thought I would see a 99 Bayern Munich or 2012-2013 San Antonio Spurs like situation in DDP where someone is close to victory then doesn't win

Granted DDT was the one who lost the lead at the last minute, so I was braced for not winning for a few months now. TBH just the fact that I managed to enter DDT/Spade territory is enough for me, my research has been less vigorous it feels so doubt I'll be as much a challenge for '16 :ninja:

Well done Spade, impressive!

Also well done to Red-Flagged on your Theme Team triumph.

Congratulations to Spade :bow: and Red Flagged :clap:

Yes, I've just noticed that the 'Dead Of 2015' thread has been locked. A bit premature, surely? There are bound to be reports of more December deaths drifting in.

Congratulations to Spade :bow: and Red Flagged :clap:

Yes, I've just noticed that the 'Dead Of 2015' thread has been locked. A bit premature, surely? There are bound to be reports of more December deaths drifting in.

I'll reopen it for a week or so....................

• Like 2

Top work as ever Spade. But I think you'll agree it's time to pass the mantle on. To me.

I never won anything at primary school. I came second in the obstacle race when I was 7. That was my greatest achievement until our secondary school leavers awards, where I won Biggest Hair (I had a particularly attractive pineapple style - short back and sides and very long and spiky on top à la Robert Smith) and scooped a joint award for Loudest Mouth with my best friend Sarah. She's still my best friend. And we still have big mouths.

• Like 2

Top work as ever Spade. But I think you'll agree it's time to pass the mantle on. To me.

I never won anything at primary school. I came second in the obstacle race when I was 7. That was my greatest achievement until our secondary school leavers awards, where I won Biggest Hair (I had a particularly attractive pineapple style - short back and sides and very long and spiky on top à la Robert Smith) and scooped a joint award for Loudest Mouth with my best friend Sarah. She's still my best friend. And we still have big mouths.

If you were a triplet I bet you would be the one who was bottle fed ! ! !

• Like 1

Congratulations to the winners, especially Spade. A truly impressive feat, even if he got a little lucky. But you've still got to get to a position where luck makes a difference first. I would have liked to see Death Impends win, for diversity. But it wssn't meant to be. I did like Spade's riskier choices though.

Here is someone who I reckon was on a few DDP 2016 squads of the inspirational cancer types

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terminally-ill-grandad-dies-cancer-7100542

Terence Reeves a terminally I'll grandfather who got married. Reported in Mid Dec and Died and mention on The Mirror Dec 31

The real winner of 2015 was Going Underground, on account of the fact that whoever they are they are not a cheating bastard by making low-hanging, unfamous, young, cancer-stricken, tragedy magnets their joker.

Well done (even though I hadn't heard of most of your hits)!

(sulk)

• Like 1

Now, now, don't be bitter....

Anyway, here's the final update for 2015 which is officially closed off...

• Like 1

Congratulations to the winners, especially Spade. Such lists of who?s hurt my romantic eyes, but the industry invested evidently paid off.

Now, now, don't be bitter....

Anyway, here's the final update for 2015 which is officially closed off...

I do apologies.

But you know I'm right.

Now the competition is officially closed, I would like to add my congratulations to Spade and also to Theme Team winner Red Flag.

As a first time entrant last year, I expected nothing less than equal last, and my expectations were fully realised!

Thanks again to TMIB for front page entertainment all year, and I do hope that the change in domain is not going to affect the competition adversely in 2016.

• Like 2