Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

@The Old Crem We all have social media. Stop turning this into a fucking Twitter feed. You’ve been told before.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

@The Old Crem We all have social media. Stop turning this into a fucking Twitter feed. You’ve been told before.

Sorry.

The likely imminent change in speaker is a major story through. 

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sorry.

That we've almost all seen independently. Even if you wanted to comment on it, a single typed comment would suffice over a bunch of twitter links.

Dude, please get out the house more. I say this from a well-being point of view. You clearly do little more than sit on your phone scrolling through twitter in the company of your peculiar relatives. It's not just tedious for us to see your spam, but it must be quite a dull existence for you. Do you have a job of any kind?

If the SNP hadn’t been playing politics today we would have a vote for a ceasefire. 

Now they are playing victim. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sorry.

So comment on it, rather than posting tweets.

For instance, I'll comment on the sheer audacity of Penny Mordaunt claiming the Speaker has "undermined the confidence of this House in being able to rely on long-established conventions" after being part of this convention smashing government for 14 years. :facepalm:

Stephen Flynn's a jumped up little shit as well. Enjoying his 5 minutes in the spotlight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

If the SNP hadn’t been playing politics today we would have a vote for a ceasefire. 

Now they are playing victim. 

And the SNP have (not willingly but neglectfully) helped whip up the antisemitic terrorist protesting on the streets who many MP’a are fearful of being murdered by.

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And the SNP have (not willingly but neglectfully) helped whip up the antisemitic terrorist protesting on the streets who many MP’a are fearful of being murdered by.

So who is that then?

11 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

So who is that then?

The mobs intimidating elected officials at the moment, 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Master Obit said:

That we've almost all seen independently. Even if you wanted to comment on it, a single typed comment would suffice over a bunch of twitter links.

Dude, please get out the house more. I say this from a well-being point of view. You clearly do little more than sit on your phone scrolling through twitter in the company of your peculiar relatives. It's not just tedious for us to see your spam, but it must be quite a dull existence for you. Do you have a job of any kind?

The weird thing is if he stayed well away from commenting on politics and stuck to the non-political threads on this site, I'd probably find him quiet a pleasant poster to get along with. 

Nigel Evans and Karen Bradley touted as a potential speaker replacements. Nigel Evans feels like the more backbench popular candidate, 

Feels like there is a risk the speakership becomes something linked to the change of Goverment at an election time.

66 MPs (exc. 1 withdrawn) have signed a motion of no confidence in Speaker Hoyle. The list includes 1922 committee members William Wragg, Gary Sambrook (eats big dinners) and Sir Gnashers Brady, as well as intellectual powerhouses 30p Leenoch and Brendan Clarke-Tit, and a handful of SNPnises including Joanna Cherry and John Nicolson.

I still doubt this'll amount to anything. And now Crem has predicted otherwise, I am much more confident.

Edited by TQR
Update
  • Facepalm 1

Semi-skimmed milk is woke, according to Jacob Rees-Mogg. Tell you what, he's really in tune with the key issues facing society.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

49 MPs have signed a motion of no confidence in Speaker Hoyle. The list includes 1922 committee members William Wragg, Gary Sambrook (eats big dinners) and Sir Gnashers Brady, as well as intellectual powerhouses 30p Leenoch and Brendan Clarke-Tit, and a handful of SNPnises including Joanna Cherry and John Nicolson.

I still doubt this'll amount to anything.

I’m not so sure. It’s all the influential Tory backbenchers with the SNP as helpful assistants (just like in 1979. )

My guess is he resigns before a vote to remove him. 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m not so sure. It’s all the influential Tory backbenchers with the SNP as helpful assistants (just like in 1979. )

My guess is he resigns before a vote to remove him. 

Oh dear.

By 'influential', you mean particularly noisy cranks. They're only influential in the eyes of Gbeebiesers and Telegraph readers, and there is no formal mechanism for ousting a speaker.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, TQR said:

Oh dear.

By 'influential', you mean particularly noisy cranks. They're only influential in the eyes of Gbeebiesers and Telegraph readers, and there is no formal mechanism for ousting a speaker.

Technically a confidence vote in the house can remove a sitting Speaker but this last happened was around the time of Queen Anne. Michael Martin was removed through the third largest party demanding he resign and a Douglas Carswell EDM but Martin resigned before he was pushed and was already badly wounded by the expenses and Damien Green arrest.

If it were to shift the speaker it'd be a long term process. Anyhow I'm not a fan of the current speaker but I'm less a fan of tantrum politics.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Technically a confidence vote in the house can remove a sitting Speaker but this last happened was around the time of Queen Anne. Michael Martin was removed through the third largest party demanding he resign and a Douglas Carswell EDM but Martin resigned before he was pushed and was already badly wounded by the expenses and Damien Green arrest.

If it were to shift the speaker it'd be a long term process. Anyhow I'm not a fan of the current speaker but I'm less a fan of tantrum politics.

Even a VoNC doesn’t necessarily remove a speaker, though it makes commons proceedings practically impossible.

Michael Martin was up to his tits in it. Hoyle has angered several dummy-spitters but I highly doubt it’s tenure-ending. There’s an outside chance he’ll take it upon himself to resign but the process of electing a new one hardly brings calm to the already chaotic house.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26097293/rod-liddle-child-phone-shocking-cigarette/
Children having a smartphone will soon be as shocking as smoking says the Sun. 

You’re as much of a fucking weirdo as Rod Liddle.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Even a VoNC doesn’t necessarily remove a speaker, though it makes commons proceedings practically impossible.

Michael Martin was up to his tits in it. Hoyle has angered several dummy-spitters but I highly doubt it’s tenure-ending. There’s an outside chance he’ll take it upon himself to resign but the process of electing a new one hardly brings calm to the already chaotic house.

I think for the Tories it is that he is seen as bending rules to protect Labour from Hamas supporters and putting their anger solely onto the Tories rather than Labour. Meanwhile the SNP are simply annoyed they didn’t get the opportunity to say Labour was anti ceasefire - they don’t care as much about the Tories. 

15 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The mobs intimidating elected officials at the moment, 

Better get on the phone to MI5 then.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

Sounds like Rishi Sunak wants Hoyle out going by his latest comments. 

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

No it doesn't. Once again, you've been very selective in what words you digest. This is why, for so many of us, our patience has snapped with you.

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

What Sunak doesn't talk about.

The cost of living.

Knife crime.

Crumbling schools and hospitals.

Climate change.

Productivity.

Growth.

His and his wife's personal wealth accrued from his policies.

His disappearing majority.

His focus is on politics while accusing the other side of playing politics and potholes.

Oh and meeting the Monarch, who Sunak is richer than.

• Like 1