Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I feel like attacking. George Galloway like this only makes him more powerful. Galloway is scum but he has a knack of whipping people up and attracting support.  Much of the white progressive far left had turned on him over his transphobia and other comments but this might see them ignore that and get back cosy with him 

What a pile of utter wankspeak.

What he describes is not the country I live in, nor my community. This is fearmongering shite, designed to heighten differences and divisions, not ameliorate them.

What an utter, utter little Londoner narrow minded pile of garbage.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

What a pile of utter wankspeak.

What he describes is not the country I live in, nor my community. This is fearmongering shite, designed to heighten differences and divisions, not ameliorate them.

What an utter, utter little Londoner narrow minded pile of garbage.

I don’t think Sunak is a little Londoner. Someone with a London mindset would much more liberal. London is as liberal as Glasgow. 

A call for 'unity' by a divisive government is about par for the course.

• Like 3

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I don’t think Sunak is a little Londoner. Someone with a London mindset would much more liberal. London is as liberal as Glasgow. 

That's not what I meant.

He can't see beyond his own horizon, emphasising what happens in London is more important than any other part of the nation. I could have said little Englander, but that would be unfair to the vast majority of that great country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time said:

A call for 'unity' by a divisive government is about par for the course.

They probably want a backlash so they can propose further policies in a few weeks time. 

11 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

What a load of nationalist, Islamophobic drivel

Labour will back every word of the speech I would imagine. And Keir Starmer wouldn’t say anything really different.

I suspect it will be utterly pointless. Some clips will be shown on the news but people are bored of it all.

• Like 1

One minute he was saying how he didn't want Jewish or Muslim women and children feeling unsafe and being targeted, and then next minute he was saying how Islamist groups are a risk to the nation.  

• Like 1

Just now, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

One minute he was saying how he didn't want Jewish or Muslim women and children feeling unsafe and being targeted, and then next minute he was saying how Islamist groups are a risk to the nation.  

But that is accurate? Sadly it is near impossible to call out Islamists without sounding somewhat anti Muslim.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Labour will back every word of the speech I would imagine. And Keir Starmer wouldn’t say anything really different. 

Most likely, I'd call them 2 sides of the same coin but I at this point I don't even think the coin has a second side.

coping-disappointment-and-failure.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time for an end to the divisiveness but Lee Anderson  wasn't Islamophobic. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

But that is accurate? Sadly it is near impossible to call out Islamists without sounding somewhat anti Muslim.

It is certainly accurate to say that there are extreme groups who are Muslim, but what he did was target those muslim groups over anyone else. He was very vague throughout most of the speech, the only groups he mentioned by names were 'far right groups' and 'Islamists' and continued to hammer home his point on Islamists. There are extreme parts of every group but his continuous mentioning of Islamists over any other group is dangerous. Hate crimes against Muslim people are already widespread and his targeting is only going to make the problem worse.

• Like 1

Given both the timing and the (lack of) content, the statement almost feels like a distraction from something... but what?

God sake everyone. You quoting Crem is ruining my having him on ignore.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

God sake everyone. You quoting Crem is ruining my having him on ignore.

I'm absolutely not going to say I told you so. No sirree. Never. It's childish.

Edit: Ok technically it was about it ruining the continuity, but same thing really.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Most likely, I'd call them 2 sides of the same coin but I at this point I don't even think the coin has a second side.

38 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Oh and there was that ironic moment where he said that MPs feel unsafe and then imminently after started attacking George Galloway.

If Sunak is that worried about Galloway, call a GE, because the chances are he'd get voted out again.

• Like 4

I've been much too generous by not muting TOC. Can finally not see twatter links everywhere.

• Like 3

There is lots of speculation tonight on Twitter that an Election could be called for May if the Budget gives the Tories a polling boost.