Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

IMG_8282.thumb.jpeg.1b913f82e2cf613f32b5deb46d41ad35.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wait till he hears about Steve Barclay and Grant Shapps aka Michael Green aka Sebastian Fox and that's just for starters

From the party that gave us...

A Brexit Secretary (later Foreign Secretary) who didn't realise the Dover-Calais crossing was a vital trade link.

A Health Secretary who advised everybody to give their prescription pills to their mates.

A Chancellor who thought spooking the markets was a great idea.

A Prime Minister who never read a briefing paper in his life.

A different Health Secretary who thought sending potentially deadly old people into care homes without testing them was a good idea.

A new Defence Secretary who thought Aircraft Carriers belonged to the RAF.

And so on, and so on, and so on...

There will not be a cull of XK Bully dogs: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/16/no-cull-american-xl-bully-dogs-uk-despite-ban-new-rules

So Sunak's version of the famous quote:

"What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you destroy your banned dogs now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will let your dogs live a long life until they die of natural causes, during which time they can attack, maim and kill as many innocent people as possible."

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

There will not be a cull of XK Bully dogs: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/16/no-cull-american-xl-bully-dogs-uk-despite-ban-new-rules

So Sunak's version of the famous quote:

"What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you destroy your banned dogs now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will let your dogs live a long life until they die of natural causes, during which time they can attack, maim and kill as many innocent people as possible."

If, as Sunak stated, the dogs are a danger to our communities, and he orders a cull, he must also logically order a cull of Conservative MPs who have also demonstrated they are a danger to our communities. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

She's back again, spouting her nonsense!

image.png.ca8c6785f2e648391c89ca318acd2a76.png

She said that communication "could have been better and the operation better honed" but also that she was unable to implement her plans because there was a "powerful force comprising the economic and political elite, corporatists, parts of the media and even a section of the Conservative parliamentary party" opposed to her ideas.

She also argued that her tax cuts were not unfunded as they would have increased revenue in the long term.

In addition to reflecting on her time in office, Ms Truss used her speech to urge the government to reinstate VAT-free shopping for tourists and abolish the windfall tax on oil and gas firms.

"We need to get a grip on the ballooning welfare and pensions bill. This means slowing the rate of increases to benefits and tougher work requirements. It also means raising the retirement age further," she said.

Full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66836347

Hard to think why the Tories didn't think she could win an election... :rolleyes:

In other braindead Tory news...

Wonder why they're 30 points down in the polls... :rolleyes:

State of Chaos Part 2.

It was all Dominic Cummings fault. Until he left.

Then it was the civil servants' fault.

Then we went off on holiday and blow me, Kabul was taken. Blame the Taliban.

To this day, it's all someone else's fault. Not the elected reps and PM.

Fuck them all - again!

I haven't shouted at the telly like that since my Dad died.

• Like 1

image.png.a73231f9b175f9c1e2ff9db02f103df1.png

As if poor old Brum isn't in enough shit already.

• Haha 1

Time for Brum to declare Brexit and say no to being run by unelected bureaucrats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All this talk of Sunak watering down the UK's climate ambitions.

I hope they aren't using British water, have you seen what's in it?

• Haha 2

State Of Chaos Part 3.

Lots of hand wringing. Lots of Captain Hindsights. Lots missed. The whole thing was how badly the Tories handled everything and how they ate their own.

Things I'd have liked to have seen in the whole shebang.

The effect on the people. The effect on foreign relations. The effect on the institutions. The effect on those abandoned in Afghanistan.

Even a line such as "And with Liz Truss gone, the country is now governed by a Prime Minister without a mandate from his party or the country."

Certainly not an advert for competence by the party in power. And yet...

Ah well, perhaps only reducing them to a rump party, maybe even third place, might change them. It happened to Labour in Scotland. Maybe now it's time for England to awaken from its slumber.

• Like 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

State Of Chaos Part 3.

Lots of hand wringing. Lots of Captain Hindsights. Lots missed. The whole thing was how badly the Tories handled everything and how they ate their own.

Things I'd have liked to have seen in the whole shebang.

The effect on the people. The effect on foreign relations. The effect on the institutions. The effect on those abandoned in Afghanistan.

Even a line such as "And with Liz Truss gone, the country is now governed by a Prime Minister without a mandate from his party or the country."

Certainly not an advert for competence by the party in power. And yet...

Ah well, perhaps only reducing them to a rump party, maybe even third place, might change them. It happened to Labour in Scotland. Maybe now it's time for England to awaken from its slumber.

What an absolute shit show. How anyone could vote for them again is beyond me.

LK: "Were you in Parliament the night of the fracking vote?"

Mad Nad: "Oh my...yes...that was a bad night..."

Thought I'd check. Imagine my surprise. She didn't vote. Doubt she was there at all. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Thought I'd check. Imagine my surprise. She didn't vote. Doubt she was there at all. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, that fracking vote was pure gold. The chief and deputy chief whips resigning then unresigning after it was a Truss confidence vote then not one then it was one again, but Truss failing to vote in her own confidence vote. The tentative voters getting roughed up by Coffey and Mogg of all people. Charles Walker raging live to C4 News that he's sick of his party being choc full of talentless people. And wasn't that the night Krishnan Guru-Murthy called BrexitHardManSteve Baker a cunt?

Good times.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TQR said:

Ahhh, that fracking vote was pure gold. The chief and deputy chief whips resigning then unresigning after it was a Truss confidence vote then not one then it was one again, but Truss failing to vote in her own confidence vote. The tentative voters getting roughed up by Coffey and Mogg of all people. Charles Walker raging live to C4 News that he's sick of his party being choc full of talentless people. And wasn't that the night Krishnan Guru-Murthy called BrexitHardManSteve Baker a cunt?

Good times.

It was briefly covered last night. The announcement at the dispatch box that it wasn't a confidence vote, the subsequent uproar in the chamber. Wendy Morton telling Liz Truss she was resigning outside the voting lobby, Liz Truss refusing to accept it, chasing after her, failing to vote in the confusion. Charles Walker's tirade followed encountering an upset young MP who had absolutely no idea what she was meant to do as she didn't know if it was a confidence vote or not (like the rest of them). He had just had enough. Very little contrition from Kwarteng, Mogg, Dorries and co.,, mind.

11 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

She was probably there in the sense that she was  in the  bar there knocking back G&T's 

• Like 2

Was shocked to see that "Vote Tory" is trending on Twitter.

Closer examination reveals the following in the first few posts:

If you value the health and wealth of your family, never vote Tory again.

Tories have broken Britain. Don't Vote Tory

"DO NOT VOTE TORY" #miriammargolyes is an icon!!

Never Vote Tory

What decent human being of sound mind would EVER vote Tory?

Etc.

• Like 2

Bravo Jon Sopel! :clap:

Hypocrite? Moi? Pulling up the drawbridge after her. The fucking cheek of Cruella.

• Like 4