Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

"Fucking good job", Keegan, another to add to the long list of taxpayer thievery.

Just as well others in your party have "sat on their arses and done nothing" wrong.

It's time this systematic corruption was looked into.

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Another one? FFS. What a coincidence...

• Like 1

872848264_burnthemall.gif.a8b9c240e94846c18eca2e10970db90b.gif

• Like 2

Result! After much heel-dragging, the UK has rejoined the EU’s collaborative science program Horizon

Maybe Erasmus next? Then perhaps the Custom’s Union? Then…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TQR said:

Result! After much heel-dragging, the UK has rejoined the EU’s collaborative science program Horizon
Maybe Erasmus next? Then perhaps the Custom’s Union? Then…

BlOOdy lEfty sientists tryin 2 take us bk in on the quite - theyll be makin us use the fkn meTric systeM next! :rant:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have just has one of my Tweets laughing react quote tweeted by....

Edwin Currie!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have just has one of my Tweets laughing react quote tweeted by....

Edwin Currie!!!!!

Edwina's seldom seen twin brother? ;)

Had to scroll past all the Ukraine posts but are we talking about the Ian Hislop/John Lloyd tie tweet?

• Like 1

In the inimitable words of Sir Gavin of Williamson, Elon Musk needs to "go away and shut up".

A new economics podcast is on the way. Very disappointed it’s not called Cock & Balls.

IMG_8249.thumb.jpeg.654ebcc124f5f3653721d937565a5381.jpeg

Somehow missed this absoluter pearler from Shapps last week

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-09-06/new-defence-sec-grant-shapps-confuses-raf-with-royal-navy

The new Defence Secretary Grant Shapps has been criticised for confusing the RAF with the Royal Navy in his second week in the job.

Speaking to LBC on Wednesday, the former energy secretary described the UK's aircraft carriers as being "the largest carriers the RAF has ever had".

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, TQR said:

A new economics podcast is on the way. Very disappointed it’s not called Cock & Balls.

IMG_8249.thumb.jpeg.654ebcc124f5f3653721d937565a5381.jpeg

Shit and Shite more like.

Sooooo...

Watched the Laura K show State of Chaos. 

The utter slurry of our political masters on show. Highlights:

William Hague saying that David Cameron was a great loss as he would have been a great PM with a few more years in him. This would be the same David Cameron who everyone was saying was probably the worst PM since Lord North?

Gavin Williamson. Kwasi Kwarteng. Jacob Rees-Mogg. Matt Hancock. Jesus H Christ.

Principled politicians who came across rather well - Justine Greening, Amber Rudd, yes even Steve Baker.

No Theresa May - admittedly a better though bitter backbencher than she ever was as PM.

Every bloody voter in the country should be forced to watch this before the next election.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sooooo...

Watched the Laura K show State of Chaos. 

The utter slurry of our political masters on show. Highlights:

William Hague saying that David Cameron was a great loss as he would have been a great PM with a few more years in him. This would be the same David Cameron who everyone was saying was probably the worst PM since Lord North?

Gavin Williamson. Kwasi Kwarteng. Jacob Rees-Mogg. Matt Hancock. Jesus H Christ.

Principled politicians who came across rather well - Justine Greening, Amber Rudd, yes even Steve Baker.

No Theresa May - admittedly a better though bitter backbencher than she ever was as PM.

Every bloody voter in the country should be forced to watch this before the next election.

Watched it too. So many lightweights on display. You missed Mad Nad weighing in on Theresa May's legacy as Prime Minister using language perfect for summing up her own pathetic career.

For all May's mistakes, I'll always respect her for refusing to leave without a deal when it would have been politically expedient to throw her lot in with Boris and the nutters. That said, tonight was a reminder of the catastrophic mistakes she made across the years. Slightly surprised she didn't take the opportunity to put her side of the story across, but probably still too raw. She's a great backbench MP still.

Couldn't get over the fact that Nicky Morgan is a baroness but Justine Greening isn't. I know who deserves it more. The One Nation Tories have been routed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Watched it too. So many lightweights on display. You missed Mad Nad weighing in on Theresa May's legacy as Prime Minister using language perfect for summing up her own pathetic career.

For all May's mistakes, I'll always respect her for refusing to leave without a deal when it would have been politically expedient to throw her lot in with Boris and the nutters. That said, tonight was a reminder of the catastrophic mistakes she made across the years. Slightly surprised she didn't take the opportunity to put her side of the story across, but probably still too raw. She's a great backbench MP still.

Couldn't get over the fact that Nicky Morgan is a baroness but Justine Greening isn't. I know who deserves it more. The One Nation Tories have been routed.

I also forgot Geoffrey Cox - you know, that honourable member who spent most of his time in his Parliamentary office lining his own pockets and doing his second job, instead of representing his constituents.

Slurry, as I said. Wonder if they have cameras following the current lot around.

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yeah that'll have been it Liz..... .

F5sElIgWUAE8Q3L.jpeg

How is borrowing fuck loads of  money with no plan regarding funding conservative?

The left-wing orthodoxy. Like, er, the markets?

What a crayon muncher.

Austerity. Brexit. Covid. Trusterfuck.

The Tories: blaming everyone else for their fuck ups since 2010.

53 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I also forgot Geoffrey Cox - you know, that honourable member who spent most of his time in his Parliamentary office lining his own pockets and doing his second job, instead of representing his constituents.

Slurry, as I said. Wonder if they have cameras following the current lot around.

Also, was it only me who, when Matt Hancock expressed outrage at being lied to by Dominic Cummings, claiming politicians rarely lie directly to each other, wondered how many people Matt Hancock lied to that he wasn't having fumbles in the broom closet with his aide?

• Like 2