Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

well, as someone pointed, out she was a lesbian.....

That, and she was a legal fighter AND a slow death week. The Guardian loves people like Lauren Hester & timing helped, I think.

Having said that, Go Fish deserves congratulations for such an audicious & wise choice.

Only just noticed the Marquess of Ely has died, so that's another unique pick hit for Go Green.

Although he is now listed as dead on Wikipedia, I can't find the obit. Link?

Only just noticed the Marquess of Ely has died, so that's another unique pick hit for Go Green.

Although he is now listed as dead on Wikipedia, I can't find the obit. Link?

Here's a link.

Telegraph.

Just the one UK obit that I can find.

Still no update re Larel Hester, maybe that Online Guardian snippet didn't count,

don't know what the reason for the Marquess of Ely's lack of an update is.

Tempus, both count, they're just busy at the moment, I should imagine. I would expect to see it up in the next few days - after all, it doesn't really matter if its a few days late when there's still 10 months to go!

Plus the Marquess of Ely doesn't have a picture, so it wouldn't work as a graphic on the main page. Maybe they're waiting for someone else to die?

Suppose they could use the fabulous picture of Laurel Hester I found, but who knows? :P

Plus the Marquess of Ely doesn't have a picture, so it wouldn't work as a graphic on the main page. Maybe they're waiting for someone else to die?

Suppose they could use the fabulous picture of Laurel Hester I found, but who knows? :P

Now that Don Knotts has shuffled off I imagine the DDP will get a much needed update.

Suppose they could use the fabulous picture of Laurel Hester I found, but who knows? ;)

Now that Don Knotts has shuffled off I imagine the DDP will get a much needed update.

Why'd I have to go and open my big dumb mouth? :P

EDIT: Turns out that Darren McGavin will be added to this list as well (see Near Misses for 2006 for link).

McGavin will be there, just give it time. Although more famous in the US, he's been in enough films to warrant enough obits here.

Puzlman's Passing Picks are the most notable scorers, now on 18 - the Raven & Eternity Tours both now on 14 & Mr C's joker takes him to 13.

Looks like it might be a brilliant scrap for second this year, but who knows?

McGavin will be there, just give it time. Although more famous in the US, he's been in enough films to warrant enough obits here.

Puzlman's Passing Picks are the most notable scorers, now on 18 - the Raven & Eternity Tours both now on 14 & Mr C's joker takes him to 13.

Looks like it might be a brilliant scrap for second this year, but who knows?

Quite right Octo, Darren McGavin has indeed got his UK obit from the BBC no less,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4752842.stm

Quick question,

Any one have any problems with not being listed by Egamegazette.net. I put my list of 68 names in on the 31st Dec 2005 and I've had 3 hits from it and this Pontius guy won't answer my Emails or list my team (looks like I should be top rookie and be well up in the top ten out of about 150 or so teams. Feeling very hard done by! :P

Quick question,

Any one have any problems with not being listed by Egamegazette.net. I put my list of 68 names in on the 31st Dec 2005 and I've had 3 hits from it and this Pontius guy won't answer my Emails or list my team (looks like I should be top rookie and be well up in the top ten out of about 150 or so teams. Feeling very hard done by! :P

I had a quick look around the site. It looks as if much of it hasn't been updated for quite some time, although the game is running for this year. I might drop in an enquiry about how to join or something. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Has anyone else noticed that the picture for Edith "Judy" Ingamel is actually Maria Esther de Capovilla?

I bet Tim R is pissed off.

He, like me, chose Clarence Ray Allen, but decided to play his joker on Michael Morales, another execution possibility. Although Morales' execution did receive less publicity than Allen, you could bank on the Guardian or someone mentioning it.

However, Morales' execution has been indefinitely suspended & court actions may keep it suspended for some while i.e. 2007 onwards.

We'll wait & see, but that is unlucky - excellent research, and just his luck to choose the one execution that didn't happen!

Dana Reeve was picked by six teams, her death puts The Raven into a clear second place on 20 points.

I got my sums wrong The Raven are third, it's The Coffin Dodgers who are second on 21 points

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Dana Reeve was picked by six teams, her death puts The Raven into a clear second place on 20 points.

Was there a British obit yet though? Not doubting it, just wondering.

If you look in the Dana Reeves thread, you'll find a BBC obit.

If you look in the Dana Reeves thread, you'll find a BBC obit.

Ah, I didn't know there was a second (first?) page. Thank you.

The DDP Team were on the ball with Cutler, probably thought they could take a break. No rest for the wicked it would seem.

Dismal showing in my first attempt in 2005. Only had George Best and the pope. I have high hopes for my 2006 team though. I am hoping that 5) and 20) are unique picks. Esp. 5) is a great find (if I may say so myself).

1) Henry Allingham (JOKER)

2) Brooke Astor

3) Joseph Barbera

4) Ronnie Biggs

5) Lansana Conte

6) Gerald Ford

7) John Kenneth Galbraith

8) Rev Billy Graham

9) Charlton Heston

10) Saddam Hussein

11) Lady Bird Johnson

12) Dame Vera Lynn

13) Robert Mugabe

14) Maurice Papon

15) Augusto Pinochet

16) Harold Pinter

17) Mohammed Zahir Shah

18) Yitzhak Shamir

19) Alfredo Stroessner

20) Hwang Woo-Suk

An update on your "great find" here - good spot, could bear fruit soon...

I am convinced that no one on my DDP list will die. Perhaps I should sell spaces on there next year to those who aren't quite ready to go despite a terrible prognosis.

I like the touch of putting that weird face on the front :banghead:

CP, I couldn't find anywhere else to put this:

James Van Allen wins award

Not much on his health

James Van Allen was one of those that I picked on a feeling. Sort of like John Profumo - there's no particular reason for him to die, but then again there's no particular reason for him not to die. Just trying to mix it up a bit I suppose.

Worked for Arthur Miller last year anyhow... :unsure:

I bet Tim R is pissed off.

He, like me, chose Clarence Ray Allen, but decided to play his joker on Michael Morales, another execution possibility. Although Morales' execution did receive less publicity than Allen, you could bank on the Guardian or someone mentioning it.

However, Morales' execution has been indefinitely suspended & court actions may keep it suspended for some while i.e. 2007 onwards.

We'll wait & see, but that is unlucky - excellent research, and just his luck to choose the one execution that didn't happen!

Is it just me or does every condemned killer have an alliterative name or a middle name that always gets mentioned along with the first and last name?