Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

Snooker legend, John Spencer died earlier today from stomach cancer. Congratulations to the following teams:

AbraCadaver

A Kick In The Ghoulies

Brown Bread

Godot's Waiting List

Grobler's Stiff Ones

John's A Legendary Doughnut

Meet Your Maker

Milksnatcher Bites The Dust

Octopus of Odstock

Sporting Life...Courting Death

Stab In The Dark

The Doffin' Codgers

The Grey Horde

They're Dead, Y'Know!

Whoopass United

BBC obituary

sorry to see ol' John go....but he was my joker so..... :rip:

I'm quite chuffed with my performance so far.

Four deaths is more than I realistically expected.

Congrats to all the teams who selected Red Buttons, his UK obituary is assured.

Dead And Loving It

Death Becomes Us

Holicman

Kiss of Death

Mean Machine

Noah Reason & the Clowns of Death

Norfolk & Chance

Pushing Up The Daisies

Riding The Jesus Train

Team AJS

The Undertaker

I have never seen a week like that before. Rudi Carrell, June Allyson, Syd Barrett, John Spencer and now Red Buttons make it five DDP deaths in 1 week!

I have never seen a week like that before. Rudi Carrell, June Allyson, Syd Barrett, John Spencer and now Red Buttons make it five DDP deaths in 1 week!

It would do if Rudi Carrell counted, still no UK obit.

Oh no, that's happened a few times, this year included.

In one week in March:- Cutler, Reeve, Ingamells, Fox, Profumo, Milosevic

Then April/May:- Galbraith, Roberts, Rukesyer, Woods, Asplund

Last year:

April - Evans, Mills, Bjelke-Petersen, Smart (the last three ALL ON THE SAME DAY), Albert

Nov/Dec - Morita, Best, Burns, Sperber, Mills

and so on. 4 in a week's far more common than you think, FF.

Maybe one was hasty in announcing Carrell's British obit.

Not this time.

Times Obituary

I've emailed the DDP boys, as I had links on the net about those WWI vets as well.

So, well done FF & NAP. FF is now, as John Spencer died inbetween my first congratulatory post and this one, well in second place. If Davidson dies soon, FF will take the lead, I think!

My contribution to this thread for the day is to note that the front page of the DDP page still stays that they're waitng for Rudi Carrell's obit.

Too lazy to e-mail him, I'm sure he'll check this eventually. Plus it's a GREAT opportunity to post-whore and remind you all that I'm not dead yet. :)

I feel sorry for the DDP guys, they're dropping like flies at the moment..

Mickey Spillane is dead, and is bound to get a UK obit.

When he does, two teams score points, neither near the top of the leaderboard.

In fact, I think it's "The Letter S Means Death" first hit.

I feel sorry for the DDP guys, they're dropping like flies at the moment..

Mickey Spillane is dead, and is bound to get a UK obit.

When he does, two teams score points, neither near the top of the leaderboard.

In fact, I think it's "The Letter S Means Death" first hit.

I bet he'll be thrilled after all the hassle he's been getting in the DDP emails. <_<

It's been updated with Schwarzkopf's death, Baring's death and waiting an obit for Hart & Butcher. I didn't even notice Butcher on the DDP & even missed her death being announced, whoever she was!

EDIT

The Guardian have given her an obit.

Obit

They'll give anyone an obit. :( I'm going to put it in my will, that when I die, I want a Guardian obit or I'll haunt the offices forever. :D

Should someone e-mail RK over Butcher, van Allen & Allen, or trust Rk's impeccable research skills or should we wait for a Hart obit first?

I think to make things even tougher next year, The Guardian should be discarded as a source. <_<

FF would be winning otherwise, I think.

Should someone e-mail RK over Butcher, van Allen & Allen, or trust Rk's impeccable research skills or should we wait for a Hart obit first?

I think to make things even tougher next year, The Guardian should be discarded as a source. :angry:

FF would be winning otherwise, I think.

Probably a daft answer, I assume that only the broadsheets are considered as being the sources for obituary write-ups and if someone was just mentioned in a tabloid it wouldn't count?

aww what's wrong with The Gurniad for a source of obituaries? I used to love doing their crowsword in the mornings

If Rude Kid's reading this, or in case someone wants to tell him:-

1) Don't forget Patrick Allen is dead too.

2) Finally, a proper obit (and likely the only one) for Philip D'Arcy Hart Times Obit.

If Rude Kid's reading this, or in case someone wants to tell him:-

1) Don't forget Patrick Allen is dead too.

2) Finally, a proper obit (and likely the only one) for Philip D'Arcy Hart Times Obit.

3) Mykola Kolessa died way back in June and, unless someone noticed one and kept it on the down-low, there was no British Obit.

Here's the only english source I could find of it, reliable ol' genarians.com: scroll down to June 8th

Ukrainian wikipedia confirms his death as well, but if you can speak German: right hyah

I've sent off RK an email about these three things, so hopefully all will be well shortly.

Maria Capovilla is dead, and 16 teams will score points as long as she gets a UK mention. Although some of these oldies haven't had much mention, surely the fact that she was the oldest must count for something. Surprisingly, no-one chose her as their joker.

As long as she gets the obit:-

Tempus moves up the scoreboard into 2nd. (proving it pays to choose ancient people in the DDP)

Rude Kid gets only his 2nd hit of the year.

Living in a Box get their 1st hit

and somehow I keep my place in the Top 10.. for now...

Now if only that irritating bastard Ross Davidson would die, ff would move into top place. What a corpse tease Davidson is, the tosser.

Now if only that irritating bastard Ross Davidson would die, ff would move into top place. What a corpse tease Davidson is, the tosser.

I agree.

Not only would that give FF a lead, but help my chances of securing a top 10 finish come year's end. I am also disgusted at Maurice Papon's continued existence.

There is a link on the BBC website for Maria de Capovilla, however it's an audio & video link. Not quite a write-up.

Stuff the BBC, those teams get their points thanks to The Guardian & The Sun.

Well done all!

I tried looking on the Guardian website a couple of hours ago and couldn't find anything. At first I was starting to think it was another hoax until I saw the article on CNN this morning.

There is a link on the BBC website for Maria de Capovilla, however it's an audio & video link. Not quite a write-up.

She's got a BBC obituary now.

Congratulations TF! You will be in 2nd place once the update is done.

Regards,

ff