Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

With Billy Preston now getting his UK obituary,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5054074.stm

Congratulations to the four teams who selected him.

Maybe Jeremy Paxman is a Billy Preston fan, they just ended Newsnight with a snippet of "With you I'm born again" in tribute.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

With Major Bruce Shand's demise Congratulations go to Windsor on his third DDP hit.

Henry's half-dead heroes also get their first points.

Obituary.

Do I have to contact the people at DDP, or do they figure it out themselves?

With the demise of Charles Haughey, 18 teams score points on the DDP, including teams from DL regular's, Windsor the Troll, Meet Your Maker, Godot's Waiting List, Stab In The Dark and er.. Octopus of Odstock - whoever he/she might be... :D

Indeed, Windsor's second hit within a matter of days.

Both last years champion, Fallen Sparrow and this year's champion-elect, Go Fish score points.

It means Go Fish extends their lead - they have 38 points, but Meet Your Maker is now second, with 27.

Many of the higher middle-ranking teams missed out, so a few high-risers, including They're Dead You Know & Morbid United, who with their joker, goes equal 4th with Tempus.

I have no idea where I now lie on the scoreboard, but anything upwards is a good sign. <_<

Charles Haughey's death is the 3rd hit for ddp in a week.

Charles Haughey dies

I had two hits in January and now two hits in June.

So perhaps I'm due two more in July and that will be me...

With any luck Sihanouk will fall down a well or something.

Charles Haughey's death is the 3rd hit for ddp in a week.

Charles Haughey dies

Haughey's death puts Go Fish in an even stronger lead, I can't see them being caught now.

Television producer Aaron Spelling, the man behind some of US TV's most famous shows, such as Dynasty, Charlie’s Angels, Beverly Hills 90210 and Starsky and Hutch has died at the age of 83.

Congratulations to the following teams who selected him:

Inar's Golden Oldies

Stab In The Dark

Below is his BBC obituary:

US TV legend Aaron Spelling dies

And I'm STILL waiting for my first hit, :( I bet all my picks are laughing and hoping I pick them next year again.

One more for me on the DDP, but its the Rotten.com site entry that now has my in clear 1st place on 6 hits out of ten picks. Still got two months left on this years account, so may just get chance to see one of Gerry Ford, Ronnie Biggs, Tammy Faye or Charlton Heston find the big lifestyle door tittled EXIT.

Haughey's death puts Go Fish in an even stronger lead, I can't see them being caught now.

And with this article about Patsy Ramsey's death, Go Fish gets another 7 points.

And with this article about Patsy Ramsey's death, Go Fish gets another 7 points.

He's well on his way to beat last year's winner Fallen Sparrow's 12 hits, considering we're not yet half-way in 2006. One wonders how he does it.

regards,

Hein

He's well on his way to beat last year's winner Fallen Sparrow's 12 hits, considering we're not yet half-way in 2006. One wonders how he does it.

regards,

Hein

I think he should be banned. He's a too good if you ask me.

With Kenneth Griffith's death, "They're Dead, Y'Know!" goes into third place, I think.

Congrats to them a good unique pick.

With Kenneth Griffith's death, "They're Dead, Y'Know!" goes into third place, I think.

Congrats to them a good unique pick.

Yep, their 6th hit now and looking at some of the names on there (Pinter, Spencer, Heston), they could have many more by the years end.

With only two hits so far, I've accepted I won't win it or possibly match last years high finish, but I'm just looking for a veneer of respectability as we head into the last 6 months of the year.

I don't want to boast or nothing, but I am They're Dead Y'Know!

As you'll see below, Mr G is in themaninblack top 50...

John Freeman's next...I can feel it!

Rudi Carrell has died.

This affects two prominent DL'rs in the DDP list, but personally, I see the chances of a UK obit being slim - I certainly don't think its going to come from a news site, but maybe a mention in the "Broadsheets" Obits.

We shall see.

EDIT

Well, I take it back.

Not only are Reuters annoucing his death, but also the Scotsman newspaper & I believe both are enough to warrant DDP's criteria.

Scotsman Obit and Reuters obit.

Well done, NAP & FF!

Football Fan's team may be way behind Go Fish, like the rest of us, but they're now a clear 2nd by 6 points

;)

With the wide coverage of Shamil Basayev's death, 3 teams score points, with (I think) 12 points for Time Is NOT On Our Side!, the first hit for them in the year, with what is a strong team. One team, Asking For It, also predicted Zarqawi's untimely death, too....

Rudi Carrell has died.

This affects two prominent DL'rs in the DDP list, but personally, I see the chances of a UK obit being slim - I certainly don't think its going to come from a news site, but maybe a mention in the "Broadsheets" Obits.

We shall see.

The Scotsman have reported Rudi's death but that doesn't count as a British National newspaper. I bet one of the broadsheets will pick it up soon.

Reuters also aren't a newspaper, so don't count.

When June Allyson gets her UK obit, as she surely will,

that will be a unique pick for Inar's Golden Oldies, Congrats to him.

June Allyson now has her BBC obituary.

June Allyson

Syd Barrett, the former lead singer of Pink Floyd, has died at age 60. Congratulations to the following teams.

• Morbid United FC
  • The Royton Rovers

Syd Barrett dies

John Spencer's death gives lots of points to lots of teams, mine included.

He's my 5th DDP hit, good on you John, I knew you wouldn't let me down.